Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 21/07/2019 at 10:30, Unabomber said:

Currently watching the new season of money heist, apart from the dodgy dubbing it’s amazing. Anyone else seen the first seasons?

I have and really enjoyed them. Incidentally why don't you watch the subtitled version? I find that dubbed foreign language productions always seem weird

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

watched a show called You on Netflix. Well worth a watch, really enjoyed it. Only 1 season 10 episodes approx. 45 mins an episode so not a time consuming show to get through.

I sort of enjoyed it, but towards the end the way the word 'you' is used in almost every sentence really started to grate me.

53 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I have and really enjoyed them. Incidentally why don't you watch the subtitled version? I find that dubbed foreign language productions always seem weird

I don’t know it was just the standard one when I watched it on Netflix, can’t remember having the option. However I am just about used to their weird voices now so will stick with it! 

Watching something dubbed in another language should be nothing but a last resort. You don't get any of the nuance of how the original actors deliver their lines, the emotion, inflection, pitch, tone, etc. 

It's like watching The Sopranos with a French actor dubbed over saying the lines in English. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Watching something dubbed in another language should be nothing but a last resort. You don't get any of the nuance of how the original actors deliver their lines, the emotion, inflection, pitch, tone, etc. 

It's like watching The Sopranos with a French actor dubbed over saying the lines in English. 

I agree.

I originally saw Das Boot on TV with the dubbed in English and I liked it. When I saw it again in the original German I loved it. 

Of course now I've seen it so many times that I don't even need the subtitles lol

I suspect this post would be equally be at home in unpopular opinions thread but I think Peaky Blinders is overrated.

Watched it up to second or third episode in Season 2.   Do not get me wrong,  I can see why there is some hype around the series but I just feel there are too many half baked storylines shoved in on an episodic basis  and there are very little character development outside of Tommy,  Campbell and Polly/Grace to some extent.     Take John as an example- he suddenly developed a love interest and got embroiled in an arranged marriage in space of one episode.   I have always thought John was the most interesting brother-  Tommy is a sociopath and Arthur is a hothead but I feel that John is in the middle but this barely get explored at all.  

• Like 1

On 24/07/2019 at 19:03, The Blur said:

I suspect this post would be equally be at home in unpopular opinions thread but I think Peaky Blinders is overrated.

Watched it up to second or third episode in Season 2.   Do not get me wrong,  I can see why there is some hype around the series but I just feel there are too many half baked storylines shoved in on an episodic basis  and there are very little character development outside of Tommy,  Campbell and Polly/Grace to some extent.     Take John as an example- he suddenly developed a love interest and got embroiled in an arranged marriage in space of one episode.   I have always thought John was the most interesting brother-  Tommy is a sociopath and Arthur is a hothead but I feel that John is in the middle but this barely get explored at all.  

I've got to series 3 and I can't really be arsed to carry on tbh. 

On 24/07/2019 at 19:03, The Blur said:

I'm a big fan, but even I know it's a bit overrated I enjoy it for what it is, I think the setting helps it a lot. The amount of episodes that are just filled with Tommy Shelby walking in slow mo having a cig with sparks flying in the background is mental when you think about it lol . I do feel like it had a lot more potential but I still enjoy it nevertheless, I think season 2 is probably the best one

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Binge-watching "Star Trek: Voyager" right now, into Season 5 so far.

Seven of Nine... Best Borg ever.

There are some excellent episodes throughout Voyager.  Equinox springs to mind (S6), as does Year of Hell (S4).

I'm re-watching TNG myself in readiness for Picard next year.  Watched most but there's a few gaps in there.  Season 1 is a bit of a slog though, really picks up through S3/4.

Watched 1st episode of Chambers on Netflix,interesting premise......

After having a heart attack, a teenager gets a heart transplant to survive. She subsequently becomes consumed by the mystery surrounding her life-saving heart. As she gets closer to uncovering the truth about her donor's sudden death, she begins to take on the characteristics of the deceased donor, including some that are troublingly sinister

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

I loved Voyager but hated Janeway. Such a high and mighty nasal hypocrite. 

Took me some time to get used to that initially irritating voice. Hadn't seen the original before, only a dubbed version.

Also occasionally gets too theatrical the way she rolls her "r"s.