Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Watched a good drama on CH4 I am Nicola with Vicky McClure, probably best described as a drama about mental abuse, jealousy and insecurities in a relationship 

I watched the one last night, I am Kirsty. Very difficult to watch knowing that what it must be like for single parents living on the breadline. 

I love to watch series than movies. Here I'm listing few of the best series I've watched.
Chernobyl
Game of Thrones (didn't like the finale)

The Walking Dead (Started off pretty well but they ruined the show after season 6)

The Breaking Bad (Amazing)

Prison Break 

The Stranger Things

CF, sorry for the dealy in replying. A month's ban for being Mark's favourite prevented me from apologising to you for stating that there were 3 seasons when there are in fact only two. Damn good though weren't they?

As for Ozark I think I recommended that too. First season is better than the second but still both worth watching.

I see that Mindhunter is about to start a second season, anyone who didn't see the first should watch that quickly. A very good series.

I'm on my summer break from TV watching but will start again in September.

On 31/07/2019 at 10:19, Finnegan said:

She definitely has her flaws but she grows slowly throughout. She's nearly always morally in the right. 

Artie's wife is another one. Morally, she's nearly always right but she's painted horribly. Again, you're seeing the world largely through the perspective of the men in the show. 

I think Carmella's great. Always found her less annoying than Skyler. 

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I’ve seen that scene before, wish I hadn’t 

Seeing it in context once you've got more understanding of Paulie and Chris will make that episode more enjoyable, don't worry. Plus it's just one scene in an iconic episode. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

Seeing it in context once you've got more understanding of Paulie and Chris will make that episode more enjoyable, don't worry. Plus it's just one scene in an iconic episode. 

Very on brand for me, it was the title of some guy’s Football Manager career update on the SI forums so I looked it up and watched it lol 

• Haha 1

On 01/08/2019 at 09:37, FIF said:

CF, sorry for the dealy in replying. A month's ban for being Mark's favourite prevented me from apologising to you for stating that there were 3 seasons when there are in fact only two. Damn good though weren't they?

As for Ozark I think I recommended that too. First season is better than the second but still both worth watching.

I see that Mindhunter is about to start a second season, anyone who didn't see the first should watch that quickly. A very good series.

I'm on my summer break from TV watching but will start again in September.

Nice to have you back prof ! ...  and yes they were damn good.

We’ve just watched all of Keeping Faith ...    enjoyed the first series..  but this one ! ...   don’t bloody bother  !!   Complicated, unbelievable, confusing, personality changes, characters disappear, sh1t Irish accents, actor changes ...    and where does the boxing come from !!!  ...   and how tf has she got time for that !!   :thumbdown:

On 31/07/2019 at 06:20, Izzy said:

I'm very late to the party as usual but House of Cards with Kevin Spacey is fvckin outstanding. I'm hooked.

Super show....................Do NOT watch the last season!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

A friend has just recommended 'The Boys' to me https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190634/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Anyone seen it? I will give it a go anyway and update for those into these sort of shows. 

Note to self for chat up lines in the pub 

Number 58 - Would you like to come back to my place to watch “The Boys”

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

It is brilliant nobody ever watches it when I recommend it and it is frustrating.

I'm not sure I'd say its my favourite show ever but it's definitely the show that resonates with me emotionally the most. That's probably not something to admit freely. 

You're right it is brilliant. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Where is it available in the UK?

It's often on nowtv. 

It currently isn't, you'd need to buy it off Amazon prime TV. 

But I mean, during its run it was on nowtv for like four years solidly and still not many people watched it. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Thanks 1

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Ta. Might just torrent it...

Genuinely worth it imo. It's a really very clever exploration of faith. I can't really explain that in too much detail without spoiling things which is sort of the point. 

You just have to watch it and enjoy. 

It's also just staggeringly guttingly depressing in places lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rico said:

Completed 1st series Mindhunters over the weekend,thought it was excellent , looking forward to season 2, just started Swamp Thing,looks promising....

Swamp Thing is really good, im not fully upto date with it but 1st few episodes have been really good. 

• Like 1