Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 05/06/2019 at 13:56, Samilktray said:

New episodes of Black Mirror are out

Also, little bit of mildly relevant City-based trivia: The soundtrack to the episode "Striking Vipers" was composed by Leicester local, Rival Consoles.

Just binged the crap out of designated survivor season 3. Completely different type of story telling for this season, just like the differences between the first two. Loved it. Slightly disappointed that netflix weren't able to get the entire cast back for it and gave no explanation as to where the characters disappeared to, but considering it was completely axed I can't complain too much. Hopefully netflix get enough viewers to justify another season. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Just binged the crap out of designated survivor season 3. Completely different type of story telling for this season, just like the differences between the first two. Loved it. Slightly disappointed that netflix weren't able to get the entire cast back for it and gave no explanation as to where the characters disappeared to, but considering it was completely axed I can't complain too much. Hopefully netflix get enough viewers to justify another season. :D

Looking forward to watching this over the weekend!

When They See Us

The true story of the Central Park Five - 5 teens wrongly accused of rape in 1989.

There's a pretty good documentary about this story that I saw a few years ago & it has somewhat spoilt watching this dramatisation.  I've seen a couple of episodes & whilst I'm not really learning anything new, I would recommend it to anyone with no knowledge of the story.  

• Like 2

On 05/06/2019 at 22:38, SecretPro said:

The Virtues. Wow. Brutal. Shane Meadows and Stephen Graham (kind of one of our own) fookin brilliant again. 

Been watching this and Chernobyl and can't pick a favourite. Both utterly brilliant. For a single performance though, Stephen Graham's is savagely good. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Been watching this and Chernobyl and can't pick a favourite. Both utterly brilliant. For a single performance though, Stephen Graham's is savagely good. 

Shane Meadows has a very different way of directing, its more akin to watching a documentary rather than watching people acting, very compelling, like This is England, a tough and at times a difficult watch, but quality TV.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, pSinatra said:

When They See Us

The true story of the Central Park Five - 5 teens wrongly accused of rape in 1989.

There's a pretty good documentary about this story that I saw a few years ago & it has somewhat spoilt watching this dramatisation.  I've seen a couple of episodes & whilst I'm not really learning anything new, I would recommend it to anyone with no knowledge of the story.  

I fall into the latter category and thought it was a great true story, binge watched it over a weekend.

• Like 1

On 07/06/2019 at 16:09, The Horse's Mouth said:

new black mirrors predictably boring, brooker needs to put it on ice for a bit but i assume the netflix money is too good to turn down

gone downhill after 2014. he's probably run out of ideas since he has to make 6 episodes. i remember they only released like 2 or 3 episodes at a time bitd.

Edited by don_danbury

2 hours ago, murphy said:

Have to mention The Planets with Brian Cox.

Magical.

Very much so.

Feel like Brian Cox is an underrated human being. Who goes from a cheesy 80s (?) band with a one-hit-wonder to being as knowledgeable as he is regarding astrophysics and space?!

Regarding the latter bit, he's on the way to Attenborough-levels in that specific field.

• Like 1

Season 3 of Handmaids Tale has landed, excellent as ever and really looking forward to where it going to take us. Got to say I agree Chernobyl and The Planets are amazing as well, Fear the Walking Dead starting soon, what a time to be alive!

Gonna have to go against the consensus and say I enjoyed the new Black Mirrors. Especially Smithereens (Andrew Scott is just brilliant). Enjoyed the Miley Cirus one too. 

I can appreciate some of the criticisms though - it was a shorter series because of Bandersnatch which was such a unique experience; if they’d released the rest of the series at the same time perhaps it would have been better received?

Just finished watching 63Up on ITV Hub. It's essential viewing, but it always makes me feel sad and slightly depressed. Partly because it deceptively accelerates the ageing process, but also because it makes you realise what unremarkable lives the majority of us lead. It's also sad watching hopeful, young 7 year-old children grow up to become cynical, world-weary adults trying to navigate their way through life, and the toll it can take on their mental health. The people that participate have my total admiration though for letting the cameras into their lives every 7 years. I couldn't do it.

• Like 1