Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

11 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’m watching the first episode now, it’s excellent.

I'm on ep 5/10 and it's getting really interesting. I like the little Tarantino touches and Al Pachino is always very watchable. Really good stuff :thumbup:

• Like 1

Hooked on Mad Men at the moment.

Started watching it back when it was relatively fresh, but couldn't really get into it and lost interest quickly.

Now, I can say I'm really impressed. Set design and wardrobe are something else. And Don Draper's probably the most successful womanizer in TV history. lol I'm in Season Three now, and he must have had about a dozen companions in two (series) years already.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Binged on Gomorrah ...   watched all 4 series in weeks ...  really enjoyed it.

Brutal mafia type stuff ...   and the subtitles really suited it.    Big thumbs up from me. 

Really like Gomorrah. It was better before you know who went off the boat but class all the same. 

Perfect combination of gritty as fvck writing, bleak setting and the occasional stunning Italian totty. 

Music is terrific actually as well. This gets in my head big time:

• Like 2

On 25/02/2020 at 17:41, oakman said:

Don't know what others think but I've not been blown away by the first 2 episodes of the new series of This Country. First two series were brilliant, was always going to be difficult to keep the standard up.

I thought they were really good and fit in tonally with the two previous seasons - allowing us to laugh at the protagonists but in a sympathetic way and with some gently heartbreaking moments. Kurtan's incredulity at the old woman charging people to visit her garden had me in stitches lol Nice to get a bit of back story for the vicar too.

On 25/02/2020 at 17:41, oakman said:

Don't know what others think but I've not been blown away by the first 2 episodes of the new series of This Country. First two series were brilliant, was always going to be difficult to keep the standard up.

Not been as good for me either.

Losing Martin Mucklowe has been a big loss, it's still funny but nowhere near as the first couple of series yet.

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 17:41, oakman said:

The first episode was a tribute to Slugs which I imagine would have been very difficult to write under those circumstances and keep up the high comedy standards we are accustomed to. Even though Slugs was a bit-part character in the show, this season won't be the same without him.

I do think the second episode was quite funny. Kurtan raging at the Garden and the awkward silence with Mandy had me laughing. It will definitely improve with the return of Martin.

I watched an interview with Daisy & Charlie Cooper who said that this season will be the final one and is focused more on the Vicar as 1st Season was focused on  Kurtan and 2nd on Kerry.

• Like 1