Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 25/02/2020 at 17:41, oakman said:

Don't know what others think but I've not been blown away by the first 2 episodes of the new series of This Country. First two series were brilliant, was always going to be difficult to keep the standard up.

Agreed, there are still some nice funny moments but overall the first 2 episodes haven’t been quite up to the standard of the first 2 series (found myself writing seasons there, damn yanks) need Martin to return, great character.

On 23/02/2020 at 22:11, Izzy said:

I'm on ep 5/10 and it's getting really interesting. I like the little Tarantino touches and Al Pachino is always very watchable. Really good stuff :thumbup:

Finished episode 3 and it’s really good stuff, and I imagine will only get better once the plot thickens and we get to know the characters a little better.

As you point out the Tarantino touches are great, and having Al Pacino in it is quite brilliant.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Finished episode 3 and it’s really good stuff, and I imagine will only get better once the plot thickens and we get to know the characters a little better.

As you point out the Tarantino touches are great, and having Al Pacino in it is quite brilliant.

finished episode 7! this is getting even better

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

3 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

finished episode 7! this is getting even better

Let me know what you think after the final episode chaps. I'm really not sure about that ending! :o

• Like 2

On 29/02/2020 at 00:09, Izzy said:

Let me know what you think after the final episode chaps. I'm really not sure about that ending! :o

finished it...

dunno what to say really about the ending and the final twist...

didn't see it coming

seems like there's going to be a season 2

personnally I would stop now

what did you think of it?

2 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

finished it...

dunno what to say really about the ending and the final twist...

didn't see it coming

seems like there's going to be a season 2

personnally I would stop now

what did you think of it?

I'm still undecided tbh

Can't help feeling the final twist was trying to be a bit too clever and the last scene was a bit silly really.

Saying that, I did enjoy it overall but because of what happened, not sure a second series would be as good

• Like 1

Forcing myself to finish Suits but it has been absolute shit for about 3 seasons.  It started off so well, what happened? I don't know if they always did it, but the way they talk to each other drives me mad. The interrupting each other and trying to use cool catchphrases. 

Also every battle is the same:

Lawyer A: So are you ready to give us what we want?
Lawyer B: Not anymore *Throws them a laminated booklet of their evidence*

Lawyer A: What the hell is this?
Lawyer B: This is why we'll win

Lawyer A: Reads it in three seconds, "This is bullshit! You can't do that"

Lawyer B: "Just did" and walks away in victory

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Forcing myself to finish Suits but it has been absolute shit for about 3 seasons.  It started off so well, what happened? I don't know if they always did it, but the way they talk to each other drives me mad. The interrupting each other and trying to use cool catchphrases. 

Pop culture reference. 

You're not as sexy as you think you are. 

O yes I am

O yes you are. 

Harvey Specter Harvey Specter

I remember everything

You're not as clever as you think you are. 

O yes I am

O yes you are. 

Pop culture reference. 

SETTLE

/episode. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Gave up after like Season 2 or 3, started becoming so repetitive.

Shame because the first season was really good.

• Like 1

Really late to the party but just done first series of ‘Killing Eve’.

A bit silly but certainly entertaining. 
Jodie Comer is absolutely brilliant. Love her facial expressions and accent shifts.

Anyone tried sex education? Probably been mentioned but I am so impressed with it. Thought it'd just be so teen generic rubbish but the character development, pace, storylines are great. One of the best things I've seen for ages, and there's loads of good stuff on! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

Anyone tried sex education? Probably been mentioned but I am so impressed with it. Thought it'd just be so teen generic rubbish but the character development, pace, storylines are great. One of the best things I've seen for ages, and there's loads of good stuff on! 

Yep it's brilliant.

Also, Maeve 😍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sdb said:

Yes. It's brilliant TV. Really good, quirky characters. 

Just finished watching 'The Leftovers'. I thought it excellent. OK, it kinda changed tack from Season 1 and it did all get wrapped up all a little too quickly and conveniently (Season 3 could almost be considered as padding out) but it was a wonderful series none-the-less. Excellent acting (Chris Ecclestone was superb I thought), intriguing plot lines and some wonderful, but light, comedy moments. Yep, gets a 'recommended' from me.

Edit: from reading earlier posts, I agree with comments made. It's a series that takes a 'what if' scenario and looks at the reactions of individuals, how faith and belief are challenged, how people seek answers to the 'what if'. There are some truly excellent and emotional scenes that explore belief. Fear not, it's not about religion per se, though obviously that's a part, but about what people believe. I'd actually rate it amongst the best TV I've ever watched.  

Edited by mabrah
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mabrah said:

Just finished watching 'The Leftovers'. I thought it excellent. OK, it kinda changed tack from Season 1 and it did all get wrapped up all a little too quickly and conveniently (Season 3 could almost be considered as padding out) but it was a wonderful series none-the-less. Excellent acting (Chris Ecclestone was superb I thought), intriguing plot lines and some wonderful, but light, comedy moments. Yep, gets a 'recommended' from me.

Honestly just such a brilliant show, easily in my top five I think really. 

Watched it a bunch of times and it never ceases to get me. Kevin, Nora, Patti and Matt are all fantastic. 

Ecclestone obviously you always expect big things from but Carrie Coon and Justin Theroux were awesome throughout.