Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 30/05/2020 at 14:00, urban.spaceman said:

Finished White Lines. Really, really enjoyed it.

On 30/05/2020 at 14:02, Webbo said:

I was just about to post the same, only I didn't think much of it.

On 30/05/2020 at 14:23, Costock_Fox said:

The same... only opposite.

On 30/05/2020 at 14:29, Facecloth said:

The same......only I haven't started it yet.

On 31/05/2020 at 06:53, foxile5 said:

Holyoakes on Ibiza

On 31/05/2020 at 11:39, Blue Fox 72 said:

I enjoyed it too. Reminded me a bit of the series Mad Dogs from a few years ago.

On 01/06/2020 at 17:04, Raj said:

Any tittage on white lines???

Music is good, visuals are good (although barely any Ibiza scenes), storyline is hit n miss, some of the acting a bit ropey, didn't need 10 episodes so was a bit elongated, an enjoyable romp not to be taken very seriously.

And yes, there is T & A.

BTW has anyone seen the football comedy (from the guys who wrote The Inbetweeners) called "The First Team"? It's alright, plenty of nod to things which have happened in football clubs, including an Italian manager sacked as the players fell out of love with him...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Music is good, visuals are good (although barely any Ibiza scenes), storyline is hit n miss, some of the acting a bit ropey, didn't need 10 episodes so was a bit elongated, an enjoyable romp not to be taken very seriously.

And yes, there is T & A.

BTW has anyone seen the football comedy (from the guys who wrote The Inbetweeners) called "The First Team"? It's alright, plenty of nod to things which have happened in football clubs, including an Italian manager sacked as the players fell out of love with him...

Yeah just finished The First Team. I enjoyed it found it funny and a very easy watch.

The First Team is absolutely dogshit. 

Isn’t it done by the writers of the Inbetweeners or something? Could tell how bad it was gonna be when there was an American actor in there for no reason, cringeworthy programme 

Predictably, Will Arnett plays the funniest character in The First Team. Tigger from Grange Hill isn’t bad either but it’s a really weird show to be honest. Think it probably shows that The Inbetweeners was just a perfect storm of a comedy from the writers perspective. 

Shout out to Tamla Kari as well who is smmmoking. 

25 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I liked S3 of Killing Eve. 

I thought it was a nice change of pace from the first two seasons. Less of Eve chasing her around frantically and more character development for Villanelle. 

I find the whole season disappointing. Pointless characters and not much of a plot. To be point where things are just random/unbelievable. 

• Like 1

Has anyone had the misfortune of watching that new Peter Crouch show on BBC1? It's like one of Alan Partridge's suggestions finally got commissioned. 

Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank 

Arm-wrestling with Chas n Dave

Save Our Summer with Peter Crouch 

Edited by Paddy.

5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Has anyone had the misfortune of watching that new Peter Crouch show on BBC1? It's like one of Alan Partridge's suggestions finally got commissioned. 

Was shocking. Don't think it knew what it wanted to be. It carries Crouch's name, so it's like they wanted him to be the lead, but he's not a presenter, so struggled. Maya Jama seemed to just want to interview him. And it's like if her and Alex Horne hadn't taken some control, Crouch wouldn't have known what to do. And what was the point of Chris Ramsey, just stood looking over that fence all night, chipping in every so often, but doing nothing else.

I know its hard to make tv right now, but its obviously been rushed and poorly put together. I actually like everyone on the show from seeing them on other things before this, apart from Maya Jama who'd I'd never seen present anything, but she seems nice and shes hot. They're all talented and likeable, this was just a bag of shite.

Needs more guest, even if remotely. And it needs more structure and less empty time between features. Also don't think it helped having a footballer as a guest, seemed a bit too tilted towards football.

• Like 1

On 04/06/2020 at 22:04, DanNDH88 said:

The First Team is absolutely dogshit. 

Isn’t it done by the writers of the Inbetweeners or something? Could tell how bad it was gonna be when there was an American actor in there for no reason, cringeworthy programme 

Managed to watch 1 episode of it then deleted the whole thing from my sky planner. 

Didn't find one single bit of it funny. 

27 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank 

Arm-wrestling with Chas n Dave

Save Our Summer with Peter Crouch 

"Idea for programme. Jet from Gladiators to host a barn dance from Yeovil Aerodrome...Must be properly policed...It must not, I repeat NOT, turn into an all night rave."

• Haha 3

Echo the shouts re: The First Team. Watched the first episode last week and it was objectively one of the most painfully unfunny things I'd ever watched, not even Will Arnett could save that shower of shit. It quickly felt really repetitive and tired and the over-acting of that featureless American lead soon grates.

The writers ran out of ideas after series 2 of the Inbetweeners and it shows.

54 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Also to counter The First Team being so dogshit, Ladhood is still on iPlayer - one of the funniest and best things released last year

Filmed in Garforth near me, an absolute Mecca of suburb drinking in West Yorkshire. Great show as well, stood outside the shop getting the older lads to go in and get booze was basically me and my mates back in the day. 

Edited by Manini

21 minutes ago, Manini said:

Filmed in Garforth near me, an absolute Mecca of suburb drinking in West Yorkshire. Great show as well, stood outside the shop getting the older lads to go in and get booze was basically me and my mates back in the day. 

Liam Williams is superb, Pls Like was great as well.

The Bedroom and Schneker episodes of Ladhood are about perfect imqho

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Also to counter The First Team being so dogshit, Ladhood is still on iPlayer - one of the funniest and best things released last year

Think I might have caught an episode of that once. Does the lead have a really deep voice? The one I watched was where he was with missus at a bar and he was about to stand up for himself but then had a massive flashback to his youth and a scrap then - is that the same show? 

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Think I might have caught an episode of that once. Does the lead have a really deep voice? The one I watched was where he was with missus at a bar and he was about to stand up for himself but then had a massive flashback to his youth and a scrap then - is that the same show? 

Yeah it is mate 

• Like 1

On 01/06/2020 at 18:14, FoxesDeb said:

Another one I've got saved but not watched yet is Save Me. Worth watching or not? 

On 02/06/2020 at 10:56, The Blur said:

I have not watched it yet but it was getting rave reviews in the press so it would be worth a go.   The subject matter is very dark be warned although.   

Binged S1 of Save Me over the last few days on the wife's recommendation.

Very, very good IMO (although I thought there were a few unrealistic moments)

Starting S2 later today