Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 04/05/2020 at 04:04, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

First series is a bit infamous for being pony, 2 is better, 3 - 5 are absolutely incredible, 6-7 are superb. I think you'll like it mate. 

Finally on the last episode of season 1 **** me this is a drag!

On 16/04/2020 at 18:22, Leicester_Loyal said:

Phoenix Nights.

If anyone hasn't watched this after all these years give it a go, absolutely bloody brilliant, I must have watched them about 100 times. Peter Kay is fantastic.

Just stuck it on ready for an all night session of class quotes.

'Rubber Burns? Weren't he a Scottish poet?'

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Harry's Heroes is definitely worth a watch; 3 part series but really good watch. Especially for some of you old folks who'll remember watching them play in their prime.  

Watched first episode and far too many cocks on show lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah but you warm to Merson in the end

Haha touché. 

In all seriousness I couldn't agree more with him when he was back at the hotel and the lads were in the pub having it large, despite knowing Ruddock's illnesses. Especially given Merson has been through that, no doubt several times. 

And then even more when they had that argument the morning after. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Haha touché. 

In all seriousness I couldn't agree more with him when he was back at the hotel and the lads were in the pub having it large, despite knowing Ruddock's illnesses. Especially given Merson has been through that, no doubt several times. 

Yeah definitely. All giving it the big un that they're worried but completely enabling him. It took courage for Merson to say what he did

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah definitely. All giving it the big un that they're worried but completely enabling him. It took courage for Merson to say what he did

Remember in the last series when Merson went awol and blew 50K on gambling in one sitting. Came back a right state and checked himself into rehab again. Sad viewing that was.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Haha touché. 

Used to dislike the bloke from the random shit he'd come out with when working for sky. But have to admit, major respect for him having learnt all the crap he's battled through. Bigger respect for then standing up to them all to try to help Ruddock.  

12 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Looks interesting ....  will give it a go ...  9.00pm tonight ...   Beeb 2 ...

97A35C5B-6AD0-4886-9650-7D9231FAA7AA.jpeg

Was good and very sad. Didn't like the faux optimism at the end. I don't hold out much hope for Slattery to be honest. Really felt for his Partner. 

20 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

Has anybody watched Batwoman yet? I’ve always loved the comics as a kid but Marvel have taken superhero viewing to a new level and I wondered if it’s worth bothering with?

It was okay. If you like the other CW comic shows you'll probably like it. 

Ruby Rose has announced she won't be back for season 2 though so they'll have to recast. Dunno whether that's a good or bad thing as she was pretty hit and miss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Was good and very sad. Didn't like the faux optimism at the end. I don't hold out much hope for Slattery to be honest. Really felt for his Partner. 

Yes I agree ..   the guy was on everything then just disappeared ..   I had no idea.  Was quite tragic.   Couldn’t believe it took them all that time to confirm the big problem was his drinking.   And yes his partner was a real brick ...  take my hat off to the bloke. The programme reminded me of a similar one about David Cassidy ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mint23 said:

Has anybody watched Batwoman yet? I’ve always loved the comics as a kid but Marvel have taken superhero viewing to a new level and I wondered if it’s worth bothering with?

Yeah, watched the whole season and really enjoyed it. One of the better superhero shows out there currently. Looking forward to S2. 

• Like 1

On 04/05/2020 at 21:19, Countryfox said:

We sort of fell into Normal People ..  saw it got excellent reviews ..  gentle romance but superbly done and very enjoyable ..  up to episode 5 ..

And bugger me Harry Maguire plays the lead role ..   so he does so he does ..  :)

"Gentle romance"?!? :blink: More like a tortured angst fest!

I'm up to episode 8 on I-Player now. I'm not saying it's rubbish. In fact, I think it's probably very good.

I'm just not sure it's the best viewing for me in the current circumstances - the two leads seem to experience an awful lot of misery in exchange for some good sex....some of the misery caused by stuff in the background, but a lot by themselves.

For fvck's sake, enjoy some happy times together for more than 5 minutes, will you?!

You're not wrong about the lead male being the spitting image of Harry Maguire, though! lol 

23 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

"Gentle romance"?!? :blink: More like a tortured angst fest!

I'm up to episode 8 on I-Player now. I'm not saying it's rubbish. In fact, I think it's probably very good.

I'm just not sure it's the best viewing for me in the current circumstances - the two leads seem to experience an awful lot of misery in exchange for some good sex....some of the misery caused by stuff in the background, but a lot by themselves.

For fvck's sake, enjoy some happy times together for more than 5 minutes, will you?!

You're not wrong about the lead male being the spitting image of Harry Maguire, though! lol 

So he is .. so he is ..  :)

56 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Oh ffs I’m due to start this tonight. 

Is it possible to sack off the first series and know what’s going on?

I dunno but the first series is only 6 episodes. I’m on season 2 which is ok but still not great and that’s 24 episodes! Worth just smashing through season 1 and getting it over with.

43 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

normal people was weird. not sure what the point of it was. 

The tale of 2x mismatched people and their journey through life. That touched on life topics such as mental health, class, bullying, suicide and sex.

• Like 2