Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Sergio is my all time favourite golfer along with Woods and Greg Norman, it's been so cruel watching this ridiculously talented player for 19 years stumble in the closing stages. Not any more, I'm buzzing for him. There were tears when he made that birdie. I'm absolutely knackered today.

I didn't have any money on him, I stopped backing him a few years ago as it hurt when I saw him so close to winning and not doing. I honestly would have rather him win it over any of the players I had money on, I suppose it helps when I'd already won £600 on Thursday. Hahahaa.

Great tournament, now roll on The Open.

On a side note, Russell Henley is still 175/1 for the US Open. Trust me, that boy has the game for it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So Ian Poulter loses his card in the US but says it's no problem. Mmmm, I wonder what the future holds for him now?...

In other news, I played the Forest of Arden today. What a beautiful golf course in a picturesque setting with wild deer roaming about. I couldn't read the greens for love nor money and it doesn't help when all the corporate traffic don't know how to repair their pitch marks - cvnts!!

Also got an invite to play Walton Heath in June. Anyone on here played it? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 22:08, Izzy Muzzett said:

So Ian Poulter loses his card in the US but says it's no problem. Mmmm, I wonder what the future holds for him now?...

In other news, I played the Forest of Arden today. What a beautiful golf course in a picturesque setting with wild deer roaming about. I couldn't read the greens for love nor money and it doesn't help when all the corporate traffic don't know how to repair their pitch marks - cvnts!!

Also got an invite to play Walton Heath in June. Anyone on here played it? 

You lucky man! Have you got to pay for the privilege? I've not played it but went to a US Open qualifying event there years ago to watch and the place is special. I think it's about £150-200 to play there which always put me off. Arden is very nice, always in great condition but very much like The Belfry's courses it's rammed day in, day out with wankers who make things slow and as you say the finer details aren't kept as you'd expect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You lucky man! Have you got to pay for the privilege? I've not played it but went to a US Open qualifying event there years ago to watch and the place is special. I think it's about £150-200 to play there which always put me off. Arden is very nice, always in great condition but very much like The Belfry's courses it's rammed day in, day out with wankers who make things slow and as you say the finer details aren't kept as you'd expect.

I'm very fortunate that I've got a corporate invite to play Walton Heath mate - no way I could afford £150 - 200!!!

I think they also staged the Ryder Cup there in the late 70's early 80's as well as the US Open qualifiers so I hope it's as special as you say.

I've only ever played the Berkshire down in that neck of the woods and would also love to play Wentworth and Sunningdale before I'm too old :)

The so called 5th Major of the year this week at Sawgrass. The Players Championship is a class event at a great golf course. I'm very surprised at the prices the bookies have gone this week, Spieth is 14/1 and the likes of Stenson and Adam Scott are nearly 50/1. They're usually very stingy on the top 10-20 in the market but it seems they're going all out to hook punters in. I'm keen on Spieth at 14s, he's got the tough scrambling nature you need round Sawgrass to come out victor. There's no advantage to being huge off the tee here as the greens are tiny and it's a reward to precision, putting and scrambling your way for par or better. Obviously the longer you hit it means you'll have a shorter club in your hand for your approach but ultimately it's not the factor it usually is on PGA Tour events.

Of the longshots I'm more interested in Patrick Cantlay who has come back from injury this season and been superb. He is massively talented and at 90/1 8 places with Paddy Power I'm all over him. Russell Henley, Tommy Fleetwood, Adam Hadwin and DA Points at a massive 880/1 on betfair for interest. He's a tough old player who will battle his way around and at that price i'll be looking to back to lay if he gets involved at the business end of the tournament.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

paddy Cantlay eachway and in his 3 ball 

If you want another rollercoaster punt do an each way double of Cantlay in The Players and Eddie Pepperell on the Euro Tour. Do them as each way outright doubles and each way first round leader doubles.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Just read about Cantlay, jesus what an awful few years he's had. Would be great for him to get a win this weekend, or even a decent place.

Just shows how brave and determined he is. He's got the right mentality as well given a sniff at the top of a leaderboard. He's going to be followed with interest in the next year or two, he could be a world beater.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just shows how brave and determined he is. He's got the right mentality as well given a sniff at the top of a leaderboard. He's going to be followed with interest in the next year or two, he could be a world beater.

Yeah, if he can steer clear of any more serious injuries and recapture the form that made him so highly rated you can see him being up there with the best. Not sure which course it was but he scored a 60 in the US Open? Must have bundles of natural talent.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Yeah, if he can steer clear of any more serious injuries and recapture the form that made him so highly rated you can see him being up there with the best. Not sure which course it was but he scored a 60 in the US Open? Must have bundles of natural talent.

Mate, his form since he's come back is insane. He's finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th in about 6 events. It's astounding. He shot that as an Amateur at The Travellers Championship, the lad has the ability to be world number 1.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Mate, his form since he's come back is insane. He's finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th in about 6 events. It's astounding. He shot that as an Amateur at The Travellers Championship, the lad has the ability to be world number 1.

Had him first round leader at laddies at 60s as well as in a double with Pepperel, so I hope they both start off like a house on fire :D

• Like 1