Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeff Schlupp

So the lad is on trial with United and has twice had that loan extended, so clearly, he's impressing them. And Chris Powell wants him to sign for Charlton also!

Why on earth aren't we playing him?! He's clearly talented! Come on Pearson, give him a chance, he's got to be as good if not better than Vardy.

Because we have Wood and Nugent?

We're 2nd in the league with a very good shot at the Premiership for the first time in over a decade. Konchesky is more solid than Schlupp. Schlupp might have more potential but he's going to cost us more goals than Konchesky is at this stage of his career. Simply put, we can't afford to play him there.

if that's your attitude when exactly do you bring young players in? If he is good enough, that is the ONLY question to answer

if that's your attitude when exactly do you bring young players in? If he is good enough, that is the ONLY question to answer

I think from a managarial point of view, it's too risky to play Schlupp regularely at this point of the season, where you want to minimize on potential errors that could prove costly comes May. In order to develop Schlupp further, we'd have to be short in numbers due to injuries or we'd have to loan him out.

As much as I like a "local" talent develop, he's got too much competition as a striker with Wood, Nugent, Waghorn, Vardy and maybe Gallagher and we need Konchesky's experience as our primary LB.

I wonder if Schlupp could play successfully as a LM... We're one short in that position.

Okay, I guess I'm saying he's not good enough. Or at least doesn't fit in with the managers plans. He'll get found out from time to time (being young and relatively inexperienced in a notoriously difficult position) so it's either play Konchesky, keeping it safe and let Schlupp leave or change full backs every other game.

I want to keep him but if someone like Utd comes calling and he's not getting game time for us he's going to want out.

Players don't improve in the reserves...that's why our national side is going to shit. Half of our promising youngsters don't get the game time...I wasn't saying United would play him, I just think the odd bench appearance when we are comfortably winning would be far more beneficial than watching him do nothing for our reserves...

Because we have Wood and Nugent?

We also have a sub bench.......

I think we should give him a chance on the left wing when he returns as neither Dyer or Marshall have been very consistant there this season. Also I think playing in front of Konchesky will help him to keep a close eye on the best left back in the championship and learn more about positioning which is the only issue I had with him at left back earlier in the season.

it is a bit strange if you ask me, Ok i would never want the club to step in the way of a transfer that could be great for Jeff but i dont think i've ever heard of a player training with another club when he is under contract with a club during the season? just seems a bit strange as surely it is hindering his progress as he isnt joining up with a match day squad.

Maybe he's being actually taught something that would benefit his game, that he wouldn't get here?

He's not going to get game time at the moment, and I'm sure if Konch picked up an injury he'd be right back here, but he's at Manchester United, he'll be learning something.

Pure and simple

At this current moment we have better players in the positions espically left back with George Taft coming through who is an amazing talent

Some people compared Taft to Michael Keane before he came so they sort have had an excuse

Comparing Taft to Schupp is way way worse

I can only assume that when you attend the under 21's you are selling burgers or hot chocolate?

it is a bit strange if you ask me, Ok i would never want the club to step in the way of a transfer that could be great for Jeff but i dont think i've ever heard of a player training with another club when he is under contract with a club during the season? just seems a bit strange as surely it is hindering his progress as he isnt joining up with a match day squad.

If he went on loan, there is a restriction that he can't be recalled in the first month, however if he is training with, he can come back tomorrow if we need him

I wonder if Schlupp could play successfully as a LM... We're one short in that position.

Having only really seen him in action once or twice for short spells I cant really comment, but I agree. He would be most use to us if he could play a Left midfield role, filling in for Left back and Strikers when needed. Alongside Marshall, Knocky and Lloyd, that is a set of wide men which could strengthen the squad.

Obviously this is pretty speculative. I would just be interested to know if others had any thoughts on him playing more at LM.

Having only really seen him in action once or twice for short spells I cant really comment, but I agree. He would be most use to us if he could play a Left midfield role, filling in for Left back and Strikers when needed. Alongside Marshall, Knocky and Lloyd, that is a set of wide men which could strengthen the squad.

Obviously this is pretty speculative. I would just be interested to know if others had any thoughts on him playing more at LM.

I've always wanted him to play on the wing as have a few others on here. I probably sound like a broken record but the kid has pace to burn and can drill dangerous crosses into the box. He's not afraid to take players on and would do his defensive duties if the full back overlapped him. Would be interesting to know where he's playing in training for Man Utd...

I've always wanted him to play on the wing as have a few others on here. I probably sound like a broken record but the kid has pace to burn and can drill dangerous crosses into the box. He's not afraid to take players on and would do his defensive duties if the full back overlapped him. Would be interesting to know where he's playing in training for Man Utd...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/8477964/Nigel-Pearson-has-refused-to-be-drawn-on-Jeff-Schlupp-s-future-at-the-club

According to SkySports he's been training/viewed as a left back by United.

I think sky get most of their news from rumour on here

Old story but I have only ever been very impressed with schlupp other that a tiny positioning issue at left back.Thought he played really well filling in for konch.Quick,confident,great touch,stays on his feet ,evades a tackle,clever player,scores,can play anywhere good enough for man u to take a look for as month.

What do you have to do at LCFC ?.

Archived