Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeff Schlupp

So the lad is on trial with United and has twice had that loan extended, so clearly, he's impressing them. And Chris Powell wants him to sign for Charlton also! Why on earth aren't we playing him?! He's clearly talented! Come on Pearson, give him a chance, he's got to be as good if not better than Vardy.

Jesus wept. He's got potential, yes, but we can't afford to just chuck him in our first team and wait for a few games to see if he comes good.

We need our best team out at all times for the run in if we're going to stand a chance of making an automatic spot our own - we haven't got time to be nurturing the potential of a young lad. We can't send him out on loan because he's currently our best cover at LB.

So the lad is on trial with United and has twice had that loan extended, so clearly, he's impressing them. And Chris Powell wants him to sign for Charlton also! Why on earth aren't we playing him?! He's clearly talented! Come on Pearson, give him a chance, he's got to be as good if not better than Vardy.

Erm!!!

We all must continue to trust the manager who currently has us sitting in second!

If Nige thinks Schlupp is ready, he will introduce him into the side. If not, he won't..

Simple and I'm backing Nige to get it right.

Quite simple pal. He isn't as good as Paul Konchesky yet. He's nowhere near as good as Nugent or Wood, probably never will be. There lies your answer. Man United want him for the future as he has the minerals to develop in to a quality left back. Charlton possibly want him up front as their strike force isn't very strong, or they may want him as a full back as well.

I don't know if you have noticed but we are above Charlton in the league, by quite some distance. Just because Charlton think he can improve them, does not mean he can improve a team already considerably better than them.

Secondly, Manchester United are not suddenly going to play him in their first team. They will either work with him in the reserves, or instantly loan him out to someone who can afford to give him game time... that's not us.

Third, why are you comparing him to Vardy as a striker when United are trialing him as a left back. They weren't interested in him as a striker, if they were they would have looked before now. They got interested when he had some very promising games at left back.

Clearly everyone believes he has some promise, but we are in a situation that means blooding youngsters is not really at the top of our list currently. It's really not hard to understand

Quite simple pal. He isn't as good as Paul Konchesky yet. He's nowhere near as good as Nugent or Wood, probably never will be. There lies your answer. Man United want him for the future as he has the minerals to develop in to a quality left back. Charlton possibly want him up front as their strike force isn't very strong, or they may want him as a full back as well.

Cod's wallop. They have the mighty Kermit.

I actually think Konchesky is one of our weakest links as a starter.

Was extremely impressed with Schlupp at left back to the point that I believe his future should be in that position, he's got all the necessary attributes to play there (quick, strong and calm in possession). It would be a real shame to lose him as under NP, he can massively improve his weakest attribute at LB, defensive positioning.

I actually think Konchesky is one of our weakest links as a starter.

Was extremely impressed with Schlupp at left back to the point that I believe his future should be in that position, he's got all the necessary attributes to play there (quick, strong and calm in possession). It would be a real shame to lose him as under NP, he can massively improve his weakest attribute at LB, defensive positioning.

We're 2nd in the league with a very good shot at the Premiership for the first time in over a decade. Konchesky is more solid than Schlupp. Schlupp might have more potential but he's going to cost us more goals than Konchesky is at this stage of his career. Simply put, we can't afford to play him there.

So the lad is on trial with United and has twice had that loan extended, so clearly, he's impressing them. And Chris Powell wants him to sign for Charlton also! Why on earth aren't we playing him?! He's clearly talented! Come on

Pearson, give him a chance, he's got to be as good if not better than Vardy.

Probably because we are 2nd in the league, and won every league game since end of December

We're 2nd in the league with a very good shot at the Premiership for the first time in over a decade. Konchesky is more solid than Schlupp. Schlupp might have more potential but he's going to cost us more goals than Konchesky is at this stage of his career. Simply put, we can't afford to play him there.

Not saying we should stick Schlupp in the side necessarily, more that it would be a shame to lose a player who has shown he can be a quality performer for us in a position where I believe us to be weak.

Not saying we should stick Schlupp in the side necessarily, more that it would be a shame to lose a player who has shown he can be a quality performer for us in a position where I believe us to be weak.

But he wants to go. He's not gonna be happy sat on the bench for the next couple of years. Pearson has show his ability to handle a squad and if he thinks it would be best to let Schluppp leave I'm fine with that.

Players are known to sulk and bitch and moan when they're not playing and it is never good to have around. It's unfortunate that they can't honour contracts but that seems to be the way it is.

But he wants to go. He's not gonna be happy sat on the bench for the next couple of years. Pearson has show his ability to handle a squad and if he thinks it would be best to let Schluppp leave I'm fine with that.

Players are known to sulk and bitch and moan when they're not playing and it is never good to have around. It's unfortunate that they can't honour contracts but that seems to be the way it is.

Do you think Schlupp is a sulker? I doubt it some how. I have almost complete faith in NP's transfer dealings but letting Schlupp go would be a BIG mistake IMO

Many people have said the difference between the Premiership and Championship is the Premiership is quicker and the Championship is more physical, a player like Schlupp who is young and quick would adapt to the Premiership well and certainly be a player for the future. Would certainly like him to stay because he could offer us something different if we go up

Nige knows what he's doing. And players have to work hard for the shirt. Also, we're playing well at the minute so there is no need to change. I think Schlupp has looked good in the past, and considering I don't rate Waghorn or Vardy, a place on the bench wouldn't do any harm (along with Futacs). But just because a team is interested in a player, it doesn't mean the player is good enough for us (seems wierd saying that because one of the clubs is Manchester United!).

Archived