Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MooseBreath

Losing players if we don't get promoted

I think you're overestimating how good some of this lot are. They're very good championship players, but I can't see bigger teams really being interested in signing any of them. Maybe Knockaert, but give his recent displays, maybe not.

Just a tad.

If we had numerous players who were off to PSG and Rea Madrid we wouldn't be losing to Peterboro and Charlton.

lol

If we don't go up, what have they collectively proved.

We hardly faced competition for the likes of Wood... Morgan's age etc... This is the highest Kasper's ever played & I don't see any evidence of him being better than this, in fact opposing keepers have frequently put in better displays over the season.

Knocky has been up & down since he arrived & rarely played a whole match.

Drinkwater's often unsung displays coupled with his age make him one to watch

But the idea of focusing on young players like RDL, Drinks, Marshall etc is they'll improve, they aren't finished article so neither is the team - They'll grow & improve & so will the team so if we do miss out we've got a great base to build on & with a couple of additions rather than wholesale departures & arrivals will be well placed to go again. Certainly much better off than having to get rid of 30 players & some overpaid underachieving 'names'

I think you're overestimating how good some of this lot are. They're very good championship players, but I can't see bigger teams really being interested in signing any of them. Maybe Knockaert, but give his recent displays, maybe not.

Agreed.

lol

If we don't go up, what have they collectively proved.

We hardly faced competition for the likes of Wood... Morgan's age etc... This is the highest Kasper's ever played & I don't see any evidence of him being better than this, in fact opposing keepers have frequently put in better displays over the season.

Knocky has been up & down since he arrived & rarely played a whole match.

Drinkwater's often unsung displays coupled with his age make him one to watch

But the idea of focusing on young players like RDL, Drinks, Marshall etc is they'll improve, they aren't finished article so neither is the team - They'll grow & improve & so will the team so if we do miss out we've got a great base to build on & with a couple of additions rather than wholesale departures & arrivals will be well placed to go again. Certainly much better off than having to get rid of 30 players & some overpaid underachieving 'names'

He played for Man City in the PL, didn't he?

Totally agree with your last paragraph. I think it's great that we're doing this well with such a young first team. If we can keep them together, I'm sure they'll improve year after year. They'll obviously gain experience individually, but they'll also improve as they learn to play as a unit.

I also agree that there was maybe a bit too much work to do in the close season. We had to ship out so much rubbish, and must have taken a fair bit of damage financially. Some of the mess that Sven made is still here to be cleaned up, and if that hadn't been a factor, we may well have been in a better position to strengthen our relatively small squad.

Schmeichel will be off to Real Madrid

Knockaert off to PSG

Morgan will leave and go to somewhere like West Ham, then St Ledger will be made captain.

He wasn't asking about your FM save. lol

Reckon Knocky might see a fair bit of interest, but we wont sell unless the price is very much right.

Can't see Wood leaving after just half a season for us either - be devo'd if he did.

Tbh I think we're more likely to see the players who aren't as useful to us as they once were leaving: The likes of Gally and Lloyd may well be out the door if they can't prove they have the mettle to help push us that last stretch, making room for a couple of canny NP signings (if he's still here).

It all depends on whether we choose to offer new contracts to Svens signings. Their contracts all run out next season so we either sell in the summer or give them new deals on reduced terms.

Im sure erm Wes erm and Nugent only have a year left after this one

Archived