Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Iconic LCFC pictures

Paul-Smith.jpg

p83nottsforest_468x318.jpg

Forest keeper Paul Smith taking a stroll up the City Ground pitch to put Forest 1-0 in the replay of the game abandoned due to Clive Clark's heart attack, where we went on to win 1-2

the hi-5 of our players as he jogged through would be a better pic, but I can't find it

Paul-Smith.jpg

p83nottsforest_468x318.jpg

Forest keeper Paul Smith taking a stroll up the City Ground pitch to put Forest 1-0 in the replay of the game abandoned due to Clive Clark's heart attack, where we went on to win 1-2

the hi-5 of our players as he jogged through would be a better pic, but I can't find it

I can't recall a better sporting gesture than this in all the years I've followed sport. Still makes me proud of my club that we did that.

stadia_3.jpg

I love this thread. Brings back old memories.....

Hopefully the KP will be full of great memories and in 100 years time or what ever (i know we wont be around) but people could be saying the same about this stadium with fond memories like we all have of Filbert Street!!

This will probably sound picky, but our stadium looks much better in that picture than what it does now, just because of the seats not being faded.

This will probably sound picky, but our stadium looks much better in that picture than what it does now, just because of the seats not being faded.

It's hugely noticeable now, sadly.

I can get over the fact that the new ground doesn't have the same atmosphere as Filbo, in this day and age even the old grounds don't have the atmosphere they once had. What I can't accept is just how bad our stadium looks. Even for a generic piece of crap it's at the bottom of the barrel.

Most times I've been down in the last few years I've thought what a dull, horrible looking place this is. And then I get to the stadium ;) No but really, it's just a terrible stadium in look and feel.

It's hugely noticeable now, sadly.

I can get over the fact that the new ground doesn't have the same atmosphere as Filbo, in this day and age even the old grounds don't have the atmosphere they once had. What I can't accept is just how bad our stadium looks. Even for a generic piece of crap it's at the bottom of the barrel.

Most times I've been down in the last few years I've thought what a dull, horrible looking place this is. And then I get to the stadium ;) No but really, it's just a terrible stadium in look and feel.

It would help if they spent some money cleaning it up . It is filthy . The toilets are a disgrace and badly planned and the ouside is an embarassment. This was supposed to have been brought up at some meeting with the club the other week but it does not sound like the question was ever asked.

How much does it cost for soap and water to at least clean the outside ?

You guys have just helped me to renew that little bit of faith I had lost, I really do love this club!

Yeah me too. It's been a major part of my life and I suppose despite all the fvcking around we have had this season ( SKY ) I will be back again with fresh hope next season.

What's that word in psychology for the phenomenon of looking back on things and remembering them as much better than they actually were?

Yes we had some crap times there ( Pleat anyone ? ) but the greatest period in the clubs history was played out at the old Filbo. Anyone who remembers the O'Neil years will remember great games like the three all with Arsenal and the thrashing of Sunderland with Collymore and Heskey running riot. Now tell me when if ever we have had the new stadium rocking like the old Filbo was then ?

What's that word in psychology for the phenomenon of looking back on things and remembering them as much better than they actually were?

Please explain, I loved filbert st it was a bit shit but it was our shit and during the years I attended, yes I watched pleats crap team nearly slide to division 3.

However, 3 years of play-offs, a season in the top flight, another play-off success, four great years under o'neill, 3 cup finals, 2 wins, games in europe. beating liverpool, united, chelsea, leeds etc on a regular basis, what the **** is not to like. Walshy, elliot, flowers, lennon, muzzy, heskey, cottee.

Tell me it's not better than the last 10 years spent at our soul less flat pack stadium and watching the dross we have had since.Some people may like a prawn sandwich a good view, a half empty kop, the whole family day out.

Give me a full kop standing on seats, a post in the way of my view, a bit of banter with away fans, a £2.50 hog roast, a £300 quid season ticket, rubbish toilets any day and for the record I have kids and I'm sad they will never understand that side of the game.

They will just visit Derby, Southampton, Hull and our place and see the same ground with different coloured seats.

Yes we had some crap times there ( Pleat anyone ? ) but the greatest period in the clubs history was played out at the old Filbo. Anyone who remembers the O'Neil years will remember great games like the three all with Arsenal and the thrashing of Sunderland with Collymore and Heskey running riot. Now tell me when if ever we have had the new stadium rocking like the old Filbo was then ?

In fairness I think you've hit the nail on the head there, we've not had a reason to make the place rocking like that at the new ground very often.

If we're honest, neither stadium is really up to standard for club like ours. Filbo was too small, and the KP is too generic and crap looking.

The looking back on Filbert Street as some kind of cathedral of football is tedious. Tbh my main point was about the double standards applied here. As we've seen on the last 2 pages of this thread, rubbish toilets at Filbert Street = warm nostalgia, rubbish toilets at KP = poor maintenance.

There we have it. It wasn't because of Filbert Street that we were good back then, because we were also crap while we played there. The same applies to KPS.

And to answer your question, I can only offer Bamba's goal v Man City or Alan Rogers (I think? or Hignett) v Arsenal from games I've been at, and from the sounds of it Dyer v Bolton the other week. But as I've said many, many times, the KPS is capable of producing a great atmosphere, as was the case for most of the Man City game, it just needs to be more full.

It would help if they spent some money cleaning it up . It is filthy . The toilets are a disgrace and badly planned and the ouside is an embarassment. This was supposed to have been brought up at some meeting with the club the other week but it does not sound like the question was ever asked.

How much does it cost for soap and water to at least clean the outside ?

It would be nice if leicester added something to the outside of the ground, a bit like arsenal did...ahve they done anything about the concourses?:-

new-arsenal-stadium.jpg

mural1.jpg

spaceout.gif

Henry-500x670.jpg

Just seems strange that you would spend all that money on a new stadium and not do really anything at all around the outside of the ground.

Archived