Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Coventry City

It's a shame really. Hard to see how football clubs going out of business is a good thing but clearly some disagree with me.

cuz it's cov. the most pointless club.

i'd actually be sad to see derby or the fword in such trouble. but cov. nope sorry i just don't care.

Coventry are a big club. They have history like us, and unlike us they've won the FA Cup. They do have loyal fans, fans that have followed them for years just like us. Coventry is a big City, and gave it's all for us during the War. 

It's not nice to see a club play away from their home, it's not nice to see them go out of business (potentially). I hope they get saved, or something. I hope they get promoted. Rivalry is put aside in situations such as these, and personally, I'd like to see Leicester, Derby, Nottingham Forest and Coventry all play in the Premier League again. 

I was speaking to a Coventry fan on Saturday and asked him about what he thought about everything that was going on with them to be honest he didn't really know much about it he asked me if I knew who they were playing that day and I said they had lost to Crawley Town

cuz it's cov. the most pointless club.

i'd actually be sad to see derby or the fword in such trouble. but cov. nope sorry i just don't care.

When you think about it 10,000 is a lot of people. It's a relatively low attendance figure but it's still quite a large number of fans who wouldn't be able to watch their club anymore, I don't really see that amount of people as 'pointless'. It really is an incredible display of spitefulness to want a club to go out of business for a few petty things here and there that you don't like about them.

Coventry are no more pointless than City.  They have fans and history just like us.  Obviously any City fan would like to see them underperform and us overperform, but to wish a club out of existence makes you a ****ing aresehole.

Very much agree with this. It's perfectly acceptable to want a club to perform badly but it's a step too far to rob a group of fans of their team altogether.

Every supporter has the right to watch their club play, the privilege is to watch them play well. But you shouldn't take away that basic "right to a club" so to speak.

I don't want to see any club go out of business but I also find it hard to feel great sympathy with 'the loyal fans' of Coventry when they've sold 200 season tickets for this season at Northampton. An inconvenience, yes, but the fans have deserted the club. Others have been through tough times and been without grounds but they've never deserted the club in the way a large number of the people of Coventry have.

Their fans are partly to blame. Would our fans have allowed it to get this far? No. Would our fans have deserted the club after bad results? No (League One proved this).

No sympathy. Shit excuse of a club. Bye bye CovScum!

Surely not many turning up to the Ricoh contributed to them being in this position?

Ha ha, true, but I think the financial dealings behind the scenes had more to do with it, with regards the lease agreements for the stadium.

The thing is, if you have an owner who is bad for the club, how do you get rid of them? If they live hundreds or thousands of miles away, they're not going to be too bothered by a couple of banners or few fans shouting sack the board.

Surely not many turning up to the Ricoh contributed to them being in this position?

Ha ha, true, but I think the financial dealings behind the scenes had more to do with it, with regards the lease agreements for the stadium.

The thing is, if you have an owner who is bad for the club, how do you get rid of them? If they live hundreds or thousands of miles away, they're not going to be too bothered by a couple of banners or few fans shouting sack the board.

I thought the reason there is such small crowds at the sixfields is that they're boycotting home games to deny the club money. How else do you force out an owner other than by hitting him in the pocket?

Right in that case I'm organising a fleet of coaches. We can fill sixfields for them.

Some here laugh, some show sympathy.

Bottom line is bad business management can lead any team to the same fate.

Owners of English Football clubs are more often than not foreign profit, glory and fame hunters these days.

Whilst they will sing a song to keep the fans on side; "We love football and YOUR club" etc etc etc when all is said and done what they want is money and notoriety.

Even worse there are a few that come just to strip the club bare of anything of any value and run, leaving the club ruined.

Football fans as a whole need to wake up fast in my opinion, because far too many  are seduced by the bullshit and cant see the wider dangerous situation.

We could so easily be them if our owners get fed up.

yes we could.

but i didn't see much sympathy for us before.

i ran out of sympathy for other clubs after that, brighton, pompey, rangers whoever it may be. there's too many now, it's almost become survival of the richest.

Archived