Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stillwater

Ben Marshall

There is no doubt that Marshall showed considerable promise when he first arrived but has failed to develop from there.

Arguably he has gone backwards from there, why I have no idea. If he has health issues of one sort or another then that might be an explanation but if not...... :dunno:

I could point out that creative players have not fared well under the Pearson regime, Gallagher and Gradel come to mind and now Marshal, Schlupp and possibly Knockaert seem to be falling well behind expectations.

Bit of a pattern, I think.

It seems as though there are many excuses made by people for Marshall.

'Hes unfit', 'he's ill' etc...

I have no idea whether these are true or not.

What I do know is that we signed a young player, full of promise and superb for his first few games, to someone who now doesn't feature much and who seems to be a shadow of his former self when he does play.

What I suspect is that Pearson perhaps realises he signed a player who isn't as good as he and most of us thought.

If Marshall is going to develop into a good player, he needs to do so soon. If not, he'll find himself moving down the order (and the divisions) pretty quickly.

Im sick and tired of everybody metaphorically poking through a players stool, looking for some pathetic excuse why the precious mite can't or won't perform..fook me, aren't  these people supposed to be "professional" grown up men? how would they survive in the real world..

Im sick and tired of everybody metaphorically poking through a players stool, looking for some pathetic excuse why the precious mite can't or won't perform..fook me, aren't these people supposed to be "professional" grown up men? how would they survive in the real world..

the problem is not many people do their job in the real world in front of 20,000+ people giving you immediate feedback. if you happen to be insecure or lacking self confidence, one bad performance gets compounded to the point where you're scared to take a player on because you don't want to fail.

the problem is not many people do their job in the real world in front of 20,000+ people giving you immediate feedback. if you happen to be insecure or lacking self confidence, one bad performance gets compounded to the point where you're scared to take a player on because you don't want to fail.

Then go and get a job stacking shelves, your in the wrong occupation.

We let the talented Franck Moussa go, then got in players like Ben Marshall.

Says it all really. 

Yes - Moussa is one of a long list of players who have not been given a fair chance under Pearson, who have gone on to do well for the clubs they moved to.  I never understood why he wasn't given more opportunities - he always showed up well in the few games he had for us.

I cried when I heard Moussa left :( , poor Franck rotting in an abysmal team who look on the brink of going into extinction. 

He is like there best player, and banging in the goals.

Nicky Adams and Michael Morrison as well, were let go too early. 

Sorry but I don't buy this all the time. What about doctors, pilots, air traffic contollers etc that work under real pressure everyday, and have to make life changing decisions. Do you not think these people get immediate feedback?

Getting booed or whatever as a footballer is part and parcel of the game. Yeah it must be horrible for them when it's their own fans, but that's life, and at the end of the day there is a reason fans show why they are unhappy. 

Sorry but I don't buy this all the time. What about doctors, pilots, air traffic contollers etc that work under real pressure everyday, and have to make life changing decisions. Do you not think these people get immediate feedback?

Getting booed or whatever as a footballer is part and parcel of the game. Yeah it must be horrible for them when it's their own fans, but that's life, and at the end of the day there is a reason fans show why they are unhappy.

I bet if surgeons carried out operations with 20,000 armchair surgeons watching them, they would make a LOT more errors!

I hope the lad does leave after reading this shit on here, are you real football fans or just a bunch of kids who play on the park with your mates and think you know about football?

I hope the lad does leave after reading this shit on here, are you real football fans or just a bunch of kids who play on the park with your mates and think you know about football?

Archived