Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Strikers

If Vardy remains injured and Wood is forced to go on international duty, who will partner Nugent against Forest?

Schlupp could go up front but if Konch isn't back we will need another full back, otherwise we only have Hopper?

I think we'd be more likely to pick Bakayogo ( sp!?) who as a LB was tranmeres player of the season last year and Schlupp up front than pick hopper up front personally...

RE: Wood . From my understanding, its not whether its an international weekend that decides we have no choice but whether its a competitive game  in a competition endorsed and recognized by FIFA .

Friendlies and friendly competitions we have no obligation.

Whilst our strikers are performing I'd still look to bring in one more in the window if there are funds, most teams who have gone up have done this. Always good to have variation in the second half of the season as players blow hot and cold.

Taylor Fletcher was immense when he came on yesterday. Just used that bit of experience, and held the ball up so well. I know he made the first goal, but he could of easily made a fourth if King was that little bit faster.

Taylor Fletcher was immense when he came on yesterday. Just used that bit of experience, and held the ball up so well. I know he made the first goal, but he could of easily made a fourth if King was that little bit faster.

Agreed he played fantastic when he came on yesterday, but looking at him you wouldn't think he could manage a whole game. I'd see if Bakayogo could fit in LB with Schlupp up front and then bring GTF on for Bakayogo and move Schlupp back possibly.

unless its a FIFA international window they cannot force Wood to go, if its an international window I doubt we'd be playing

I think we'd be more likely to pick Bakayogo ( sp!?) who as a LB was tranmeres player of the season last year and Schlupp up front than pick hopper up front personally...

RE: Wood . From my understanding, its not whether its an international weekend that decides we have no choice but whether its a competitive game  in a competition endorsed and recognized by FIFA .

Friendlies and friendly competitions we have no obligation.

It's an international window and NZ are playing Mexico in the World Cup Play-offs; first game in Mexico on the 14th then back to Wellington on the 20th. That's a hell of a lot of travelling; it's 11 hours to Mexico from here, then 14+ to NZ (I couldn't find a direct flight; so unless they have a chartered flight they'll have to go via LA or SF). Then after the Wellington match it's 24 hours or more flying with a stopover somewhere exotic like HK or Singapore. Our next match is at Ipswich on the 23rd so it's highly unlikely that he'll play in that match, in my opinion.

It's an international window and NZ are playing Mexico in the World Cup Play-offs; first game in Mexico on the 14th then back to Wellington on the 20th. That's a hell of a lot of travelling; it's 11 hours to Mexico from here, then 14+ to NZ (I couldn't find a direct flight; so unless they have a chartered flight they'll have to go via LA or SF). Then after the Wellington match it's 24 hours or more flying with a stopover somewhere exotic like HK or Singapore. Our next match is at Ipswich on the 23rd so it's highly unlikely that he'll play in that match, in my opinion.

Now that's an informative post! lol

And informative and researched post?

Sir, please exit the forum.

Taylor Fletcher, he may not have the appearance of someone who can put in 90 minutes but nor did Ian Marshall who used to look knackered just running out of the tunnel. Then Schlupp with Bakayoko at LB and Hopper and Filbert (always turns up, has the kit, give him a go) on the bench.

I suppose one thing is that Wood came on for most of the 2nd half against Bournemouth, and played very well, setting up the winner. 

Since then he's played well and scored in both the Fulham and Watford games and so, after being out of the team and out of form for so long, I imagine he won't want to leave the team to play for NZ!

Archived