Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

City Player ratings v Trees

Schmeichel 5

Moore 6

Wasilewski 4constantly out of position and was hoofing it to nobody all game.

Morgan 4 Terrible performance from him which is very rare, he was at fault for both goals. Shocker.

Konchesky 5 didn't see him do anything good or bad really.

Knockaert 6 was decent, some great bits of skill that came to nothing as usual

King 6- meh

Drinkwater 6 he was stopped by Forest, and as we all know he makes us tick.

Dyer 4 awful.

Nugent 2 Absolutely dreadful. His first touch and just general play were that of sunday league. He is my favourite player but can't defend him after that.

Schlupp 2 didn't look interested all game. I hope people realise how poor he is now.

Schmeichel 5 - difficult to tell for sure but might have been at fault for the first, coming to claim when it was going to be cleared

Moore 6 - did his best but doesn't really know what to do in the final third. Usually hopeful crosses from deep. Fine defensively but stopped playing through the midfield second half.

Wasilewski 6.5 - a mixed bag at best. Composed mostly but sloppy as well.

Morgan 6.5 - ok, the defence wasn't tested all that much but should have done much better on both goals.

Konchesky 5 - thought he was poor. Dodgy distribution and their main attacks tended to come down his side.

Knockaert 6 - surprised to see him taken off at 2-0 down but it was worth trying to change the shape as what we had wasn't working. Did ok but got a stupid booking.

Drinkwater 6.5 - tried to make things happen in midfield and account for the shocking performance of...

King 4 - he really needs to step up. Far too negative in his mentality these days, a far cry from the man who was formerly dubbed the Lampard of the Championship.

Dyer 4 - I genuinely like Dyer but nothing came off for him today. Their right back did an excellent marking job on him.

Nugent 4 - poor finishing, shocking penalty.

Schlupp 5 - didn't impress in one of his rare opportunities to shine up front.

---

Vardy 5 - thought it was more risky bringing him on and upsetting his hamstring. Can't say he did any more than our other strikers but having only trained on Friday, it's hardly his fault.

GTF 5 - not a patch on his Watford cameo. Game was lost really though when he came on.

Hammond 6 - did ok but not what we needed on the pitch at that point in the match.

Schmeichel 5 - Hardly called upon, apart from picking the ball out the net

Moore 7 - One of a few who deserves credit, decent display

Morgan 6 - Mediocre display

Wasilewski 5 - Poor for the first goal, some good defending, but passing was worse

Konchesky 5 - Thought he was woeful & slow

Knockaert 6 - Tried to do things with no prevail

Drinkwater 6 - Hard day for him, but when given space he looked forward

King 5 - Not good enough, seems lost when things get physical

Dyer 5 - Hardly got him in the game today, frustrating

Nugent 4 - Absolutely pathetic

Schlupp 6 - Thought Jeff did alright, was willing to run at the defence

Subs - Were all crap

Kasper - 6 - thought he had a steady game, don't really have much to do... Not sure what happened with their first goal

Moore - 6 - he was decent, could work on what to do in final 3rd... He's a very good CB all day for me

Konch - 6 - steady again, dint do too much goin forward unfortunately

Was - 6 - their goals were a bit of a blur so 6 might be a bit generous... I don't think our defence was really tested to be honest

Wes - 6 - as above, need to study the goals better but not the normal Wes we all know and love today

Knocky - 6.5 - I thought he was our main link up guy until he was taken off, surprised he was subbed!

Drinky - 6.5 - he still impresses me trying to drive forward and won us another peno!! I hope this result knocks his confidence because he's been out best player for a few weeks now

Kingy - 5.5 - I like king but I'm struggling to think of what he contributed to today's game

Dyer - 5.5 - everything he tried dint come off, except when he won a corner in the 2nd half after a one two with knocky... Best form of his life at the min tho so still deserves to be in starting 11.

Schullup - 5 - i really want this guy to do well up front but the more I see him play the more I think Pearson has got it right to deploy as LB

Nuge - 5 - thought our strikers let us down today, nuge seemed disinterested and struggled to link up play... He's got confidence goin top bag for the peno but I hope he realises he's not as good as he thinks he is, think he needs to be dropped but wood hasn't particularly impressed me but who else?? Tubby-Flecther maybe??

Subs - all failed to make any impact on the game... Still scratching my head why knocky was taken off,

We were the better team in a shocking game of football but things just dint go our way!! Anyway hopefully they move on and brush this one under!

Kasper - 5 - Distribution could have been better, too urgent at times, and did he have to come for the first goal?

Konchesky - 6

Morgan - 6

Wasyl - 6

Moore - 6

Knockaert - 6.5 - Our one spark, didn't understand why he was subbed off.

Drinkwater - 6.5

King - 5 - Game seemed to pass him by.

Dyer - 4 - Not good enough today.

Nugent - 4 - Seemed disinterested really, not his usual self. A few decent runs but nothing more, should have perhaps scored two.

Schlupp 4 - Again, not good enough today.

Kasper-5

Moore-5

Morgan-5

Was-5

Konchesky-5

Knockeart-7

King-4

Drinkwater-5

Dyer-3

Nugent-3

Schlupp-3

Most had average performances, king, dyer, nugent, and schlupp sorry but their performances just weren't good enough.

Knockeart got our man of the match for me, not a lot came off but his effort to make something happen was impressive as always.

Kasper 5

Moore 5

Konch 5

Wes 6

Was 5

Dyer 5

Knocky 6

Drinky 6

King 6

Schlupp 6

Nuge 4

Take our early chances and we see the game out. Usually do a comment for everyone but not in the mood today.

Kasper 6.5 Couldn't do anything about the goals

Moore 7.5 Our best player I thought. Going forward isn't his best attribute but he kept trying

Morgan 6.5 Not bad

Wasilewski 6.5 As above

Konch 7 Solid

Dyer 5 They'd done their homework on him. We couldn't get him into the game

Drinkwater 7. Kept going, did well to win the pen

King 7 Thought he had a lot of the ball and did pretty well

Knockaert 6.5 Started well but faded. Didn't like him waving the imaginary card trying to get one of their players booked

Nugent 5 Tried his best but not at it today

Schlupp 6.5 Did ok, maybe should have been given longer on the left

Thought Was was decent today (7) - he wants to get forward and his distribution was generally positive. Moore was solid (7), Wes ok (6) and Konch ok (6). Attacking wise we were poor, although I thought Knocky was very good

Dyer - 4 ( no impact)

Drinkwater 7 decent battling performance

King - 5 - Poor decision making

Knockaert - 8 great creativity, wanted to take the game to Forest

Nugent - tried, but should have had a hat trick 5 

Schlupp - out of his depth 4

Taylor Fletcher - decent hold up play - should have scored, overweight 5

Vardy - anonymous 4

Hammond - wrong sub when trying to win game, but very competitive 5

Oh Kasper, not a lot to do except pick the ball out of the net twice from poor defensive work

Ref - For a premier ref it was a shambolic display  2, although he's not to blame for the defeat

Billy Davies - utter disgrace as a human being

Schmeichel 5 - Has to take a huge chunk of the blame for the first goal. Otherwise fine.

Moore 6 - No help down the right in the second half, particularly after Knockaert was taken off.

Morgan 5 - Not the player he was last season, in spite of the team's impressive start.

Wasilewski 5 - Meh.

Konchesky 6 - Good battle with Mackie.

Knockaert 7 - Our best player. Excellent set piece delivery and a menace in the first half. Marked out of it in the second.

King 4 - I'm a big defender of King but today he wasn't at the races. Even when we brought Hammond on (which ought to have freed King up) he seemed extremely reluctant to get/pass forwards.

Drinkwater 6 - Generally played fine but has to take a portion of blame for the first goal. His set pieces were awful after Knocky went off too.

Dyer 3 - Oh Lloyd. It had all been going so well.

Schlupp 5 - I thought he did well in the first period and was close with an acrobatic effort. Out of the game on the left wing.

Nugent 4 - Penalty was shit and predictably so given how the rest of his game had gone. Didn't look up for it at all. Which in a local derby is unacceptable.

subs:

Vardy 4 - May as well not have bothered. Injured or otherwise, was a complete waste of a sub.

Taylor-Fletcher 5 - This guy might well have the best first touch at the club. But he is embarrassingly overweight at the moment and needs to sort this out. Missed a sitter.

Hammond 4 - Arguably not his fault as his game seems to be about shielding the defence, but he showed an absolutely astounding lack of imagination in posssession.

Unfortunately, a result that was always going to happen some time, due to the number of chances we miss. We have a better team than Forest overall, but they have strikers that are more instinctive as goalscorers.

1st half: we were slick & creative, had about 5 good chances and missed them all; they had 2 chances and took them.

2nd half: they got men behind the ball, kept possession well and we barely had a sniff - rarely looked like fighting back.

Schmeichel 6.5 No probs

Moore 7 His most convincing match at RB

Wasyl 7 Good interventions/distribution; not quite so hot in the air

Morgan 5 A bit lax by his standards

Konch 5 Mackie skinned him once or twice

Knocky 7 Threatening on ball, good possession/passing, but forced too deep in 2nd half

Drinky 6.5 Decent 1st half, stifled 2nd half

King 6.5 As above - and didn't make many forward runs

Dyer 5 One of his poorer days

Schlupp 6 Decent up front 1st half but faded

Nugent 4 Worked hard, as ever, but v. bad day in front of goal

Subs: Decent hold-up/lay-off play from GTF (6); Vardy & Hammond had no positive impact

Did they really believe that they could back into it after the 2nd goal, I wonder? Had played very well 1st half, scoring apart, but seemed to show little belief/urgency 2nd half.

Schmeichel 6.5 - Pretty standard Kasper, 2 goals conceeded so half a point down for that.

Moore 6.5 - Still turning out decent performances.

Morgan 6 - Not sure if the opposition played a part in his mind set for the game but he was not up to his usual epic standards. 

Wasilewski 5 - Getting caught out all too often by the pace and power of the Championship, I'd opt for Muguel if we dont get De Laet fit for the Millwall game.

Konchesky 6 - Middle of the road Konch.

Knockaert 7.5 - The stand out performer, the piece of inididual skill from him infront of us in p1 took my breath away, subbed as he was on a booking I would suspect.

King 5 - No drive, no grit just nothing from him today, may be time for a rest and bring in James?

Drinkwater 6 - He has been the rock our team has been built on lately but just lacked the drive and energy today.

Dyer 5 - Beat his man and got the ball into the box more than once, but this was not your typical high energy all pace and thunder Dyer.

Schlupp 5 - Cant be easy to convert from left back to striker at the drop of a hat, service to forwards was poor also,.

Nugent 4 - His performance summed up the whole teams, lackluster, half paced, jaded and tactically outwitted, extra point taken off for the missed penalty that he failed  to get on target.

subs:

Vardy 4 - No impact, how ever only trained lightly on Friday so in all truth rushed back and not ready.

Taylor-Fletcher 4 - No impact. I was vocal for him to come on at half time as I felt he might provide a little spark with his close control and imagination but he did nothing, albeit the supply to him was also terrible.

Hammond 4 - No impact. His job is to protect the back 4 when we have a lead, he will never spark a comeback and was the wrong player for the situation.

For the first 20 minutes we looked like the only winners of this encounter. However with a clever change in formation Florist soon cancelled us out and built upon that into a period of possession that lead to dominance and the lead. After that we failed to react tactically and being 2 goals down made negative substitutions that made our uphill task an even steeper one. By the last 20 minutes our two wide players had been taken off in favour of a narrow 4-3-3 (4-5-1 at times) that had a more defensive look to the midfield and we created little to nothing whilst Florist still managed to pick us apart in a dangerous manner. Given a soft penalty it was inevitable given the day we'd had that Nugent would not convert it and the game fizzled out without us even looking like getting back into the game.

In truth out small squad breeds unity and togetherness but it's November now, De Laet is injured, Vardy is injured, Konchesky is half fit and other players called on virtually every match look tired, and we have been stretched all over the place and it showed. 

I sincerely hope the International will see our squad a fitted and more eager one to get back to the task in hand.

We got away with this one as other results went our way, but this needs to be forgotten and stamped out quickly to avoid a bad run of form ala last season when we were in a similar situation.

Schmeichel 6 - Let down by his defence and didn't have to do much apart from pick the ball out of his own net.

Moore 6 - Decent performance, needs to work on those long throws though, find's an opposition head every time.

Morgan 6 - Not his usual commanding self, yet relatively solid.

Wasilewski 5 - Lucky to stay on the pitch during the crazy first 10 minutes, Simon Cox ran circles round him at times.

Konchesky 5 - Still hasn't convinced me to this day, Jamie Mackie gave him a bit of a hard time.

Knockaert 7 - A constant threat to the Forest, with the odd glimmer of individual brilliance. The star of the midfield, but no need for the card-waving, so deservedly booked.

King 5 - Seems to get lost in the more physical midfield battles in the Championship, scrappy games do not suit him. Needs to be stronger in midfield or risk being over-run every time.

Drinkwater 6 - Like King, had a bit of trouble winning the battle in midfield that was eventually lost, but did display a bit more urgency than his midfield partner. Won the penalty that was missed.

Dyer 5 - A couple of early runs but Forest had obviously done their research on him, and was suffocated out of the game. Ineffective.

Schlupp 5 - Was left to feed on scraps as the midfield battle was eventually lost, but when he did get the ball, he didn't do much with it. Left wing would be better really.

Nugent 3 - Looked tired, and somewhat disinterested. Frustrated by his missed chances and it showed in the second half, summed up by his poor penalty. Needs to bounce back and quick.

Subs:

Vardy 4 - Surprised to see him on the bench given his hamstring injury. Not enough time to make an impact, coming on with Leicester making no real progress up front.

Taylor-Fletcher 4 - No impact like Vardy, but if anything, he doesn't look up to full fitness. The international break will do him good to sweat it out on the training ground.

Hammond 4 - Again, no real impact. Not really seen him with an attacking mindset yet, so not the ideal substitution when we are losing by more than one goal.

Referee:

Some very debatable decisions. Eventually sought control of the game when it threatened to boil over in the first 10-15 minutes. Probably should have sent off Wasilewski for his two-footed challenge, and penalty was a little soft. Not commanding enough for a match of this kind of intensity, though his linesmen didn't really help either.

Overall:

A mixture of both a tactical Forest victory masterminded by Billy Davies, and the fact that they took their chances and we didn't before shutting the game out. Still elements of not being clinical enough in front of goal, that goes for all of our strikers. A deserved 3 points for our East Midlands rivals, with the International Break again arriving in time for our tired looking squad.

Finally, given the occasion of the Remembrance Weekend and the East Midlands Derby, the minute's silence/Last Post was beautifully observed by both sets of fans, showing recent Remembrance Weekend opponents like Derby and Leeds, how it should be observed and respected. Well done to all. Onto the next game!

Schmeichel 6 - Nothing really to do. May be slightly partly at fault for the first goal.

Moore 7 - Actually thought he was one of our better players. Gave us a bit going forward and they didn't cause too many problems down the left.

Morgan 6 - Ok, not great. Doesn't seem to be able to produce his best against Forest.

Wasilewski 5 - Very poor, looked a bit lost at time and Cox has his number.

Konchesky 6 - Too much came down that side but he had little help from Dyer and was often left 2 on 1.

Knockaert 8 - Behind pretty much everything we did, daft booking, taking him off was a very strange decision.

King 5 - A cliche but he went missing.

Drinkwater 6 - Better than King but didnt live up to his recent few weeks standard of performance.

Dyer 4 - Doubled up on a lot, inexcusable control and miss in front of goal.

Schlupp 4 - Again, not a striker, comfortable afternoon for who marked him, won one free kick well, apart from that no threat.

Nugent 4 - Unacceptable standard of finishing in front of goal for the clubs leading striker. Penalt summed up the day, wouldn't have scored until midnight.

Subs:

Vardy 5 - Clearly not fit.

Taylor-Fletcher 5 - Visibly not fit.

Hammond 4 - Get the feeling hes man to close out a game, not one to go looking to win one. very strange from NP to think that having him instead of Knockaert on the pitch was the correct strategy being 2-0 down at home.

Schmeichel 5 - Has to take a huge chunk of the blame for the first goal. Otherwise fine.

Moore 6 - No help down the right in the second half, particularly after Knockaert was taken off.

Morgan 5 - Not the player he was last season, in spite of the team's impressive start.

Wasilewski 5 - Meh.

Konchesky 6 - Good battle with Mackie.

Knockaert 7 - Our best player. Excellent set piece delivery and a menace in the first half. Marked out of it in the second.

King 4 - I'm a big defender of King but today he wasn't at the races. Even when we brought Hammond on (which ought to have freed King up) he seemed extremely reluctant to get/pass forwards.

Drinkwater 6 - Generally played fine but has to take a portion of blame for the first goal. His set pieces were awful after Knocky went off too.

Dyer 3 - Oh Lloyd. It had all been going so well.

Schlupp 5 - I thought he did well in the first period and was close with an acrobatic effort. Out of the game on the left wing.

Nugent 4 - Penalty was shit and predictably so given how the rest of his game had gone. Didn't look up for it at all. Which in a local derby is unacceptable.

subs:

Vardy 4 - May as well not have bothered. Injured or otherwise, was a complete waste of a sub.

Taylor-Fletcher 5 - This guy might well have the best first touch at the club. But he is embarrassingly overweight at the moment and needs to sort this out. Missed a sitter.

Hammond 4 - Arguably not his fault as his game seems to be about shielding the defence, but he showed an absolutely astounding lack of imagination in posssession.

when it starts getting cold dyer blows cold

Archived