Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Mark Davies

£2 million is hardly a gamble when we stand to earn minimum £63m, (and everyone knows that so we won't be picking up many bargains) £2 million is peanuts (we paid more for Waghorn, Beckford, Mills), transfer fees are largely irrelevant to us now, unless we start spunking 8 digit sums on players. Wages will be a key factor if he is happy to accept upper championship wages and know he isn't guaranteed to start, then I think he would be an excellent signing. Was impressive in his short spell here and more importantly looked at home in the prem.

£2 million is hardly a gamble when we stand to earn minimum £63m, (and everyone knows that so we won't be picking up many bargains) £2 million is peanuts (we paid more for Waghorn, Beckford, Mills), transfer fees are largely irrelevant to us now, unless we start spunking 8 digit sums on players. Wages will be a key factor if he is happy to accept upper championship wages and know he isn't guaranteed to start, then I think he would be an excellent signing. Was impressive in his short spell here and more importantly looked at home in the prem.

Spot on..

Think we could play a 4 2 3 1 formation, particularly against the better teams 

Yes. A fit Davies in between Knocky and Mahrez is a good attacking 3. But not with any of the strikers we currently have, as a lone striker, as they'd always be defending, rather than attacking, as the ball wouldn't stick.

Providing he could stay fit then without a doubt. 'In the hole' in a 4-2-3-1 with Drinky and James behind him would be very strong. He'd certainly add another dimension in centre midfield for us and lets not forget that when he had a run in the Bolton team when they were in the Prem there were calls for him to be called up for England. 

A lot of people are judging him on his 10 or so games in League One.

With his injury record, 2m seems very steep for him. I would stay away at that price.

You might be but I'm judging him on his PL performances. The ones that were constantly seeing him touted for the England squad and big moves.

This, League 1 made Fryatt look good.

Yes it did but that might have also been because Fryatt made was an excellent player in the division above.

Can't think that 2 mil is the actual price but if we can get him fit and playing then we'll have one of the most naturally gifted players in the country.

I wouldn't bother now to be honest.

He was great for us, but that was about six years ago now, and that was in League 1.

Since then he has been injury prone at Bolton, a bit like his team mate Stuart Holden who I would also of probably took if he wasn't so injury prone.

Will be too much of a gamble, I think.

Why are the majority saying we should sign him? Why? Because he played 5/6 or what ever games it was for us in League 1?

£2Million as well? I wouldn't see him strengthening our midfield, and I certainly don't think he is an improvement on James or Drinky.

bolton suffer with injuries which would suggest fitness isn't up too scratch! He'd be an improvement on what we already have.  People have shown a real lack of knowledge of the game during this subject.  On his day he's one of the best midfielders england has.  I think with our levels of fitness he'll be out on the pitch 95% of the time!

out for nine months, long standing groin problem, drop in fitness levels, suggestion he is not playing so he doesn't get injured again and compromise a transfer I cannot believe we will entertain this.

We are used to taking Bolton's trousers down on transfers  lets not have it done to us

This is exactly the sort of thread that makes me rage on this forum. Snap judgements followed by reasoned arguments followed by snap judgements ignoring the previous reasoned arguments. Shambles.

Mark Davies is a quality player who did exceptionally well here in his short time on loan. He excelled in his time in the Premiership in a poor Bolton team and although he's been out for a long while recently through injury - if we can get him back to his best, £2m is peanuts.

Competition for James and Drinkwater can only be a good thing and push all 3 to be better players.

Archived