Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Any DMU students who don't have tickets for Doncaster

Can't stand people who moan about this kind of thing on here. I am a DMU University student and a Leicester City fan too, I think the offers are great and are directed at the right group of people. People moan that they haven't got tickets to some games because of this scheme or that they are angered at the price of the tickets. Realistically if you haven't got a ticket then you should've gone and bought one earlier and not left it to the last minute. If you're moaning about the price then I don't think you understand what it is like to live on the funds of a Uni student, the fact that I can pick up an affordable ticket and go and watch my favourite team is brilliant and I am proud to go to a university which has such a partnership with its local football club.

This is going to be me reading this thread later on.. 

272067d1346509551-man-his-legacy-%5B-edw

Can't stand people who moan about this kind of thing on here. I am a DMU University student and a Leicester City fan too, I think the offers are great and are directed at the right group of people. People moan that they haven't got tickets to some games because of this scheme or that they are angered at the price of the tickets. Realistically if you haven't got a ticket then you should've gone and bought one earlier and not left it to the last minute. If you're moaning about the price then I don't think you understand what it is like to live on the funds of a Uni student, the fact that I can pick up an affordable ticket and go and watch my favourite team is brilliant and I am proud to go to a university which has such a partnership with its local football club.

Uh oh.. 

The first student has arrived moaning about money. Take cover.

Good afternoon sir,

Unfortunately I have not been able to buy one eariler due to the fact that I am not a season ticket holder or member.

I, like many LCFC fans, live out of the area, and spend a small fortune travelling to many home and away games. Living in Yorkshire as I do, I don't know any season ticket holders who could have got me a ticket.

I'm not moaning about the price as I too used to be a poor student and know what it is like only having enough money for beer/fags etc, and little to spend on luxuries.

I'm glad you can get hold of a ticket at a bargain price.  If any of your co-students would like to buy one on my behalf I would reward them handsomely.

Kind regards

Wakeyfox

I cam remember one of the play off or cup finals back in the 90's some family were on East Midlands today disgusted with the club for selling tickets earlier than advertised, they had rolled up about mid morning on the day they went on general sale. This is despite season ticket holders, members, and then the priority 3, 2 and 1, vouchers which you got by attending specific games towards the end of the season having a chance if they could have bothered to attend just one game. They started selling them early because there was already more people queuing than tickets.

While I understand that people living outside of leicester may struggle I'm sure most season ticket holders have bought tickets for leicester supporters and most who want and deserve tickets have got them. All the people I know who I would expect to be there have got tickets.

A dog gives birth in a stable it doesn't make its puppies foals. Call a Polly a university its still a Polly,save your £6 for when you have no job because your degrees worth Jack.

As an (ex)DMU student I half agree half disagree lol

DMU has it's problems but if you are good at what you do, you will get employed - at least in what I do. They disregard the degree completely though and just test you on their terms i've noticed at job interviews.

I can see for many students who do certain courses DMU has though, it will be hard getting a job for them

A dog gives birth in a stable it doesn't make its puppies foals. Call a Polly a university its still a Polly,save your £6 for when you have no job because your degrees worth Jack.

Ah, what a terrific attitude you have.

Feel free to insult my 'university' as much as you want but right now, I'm the one capitalising on this scheme. And if I was to have no job in my later life that would mean that I would not reach the the required £21,000 a year bracket needed for me to pay off my student loan. Meaning that it would be up to you and your nice sized wallet to help me and the government out paying off that money via taxation etc.

Thanks again.

Ah, what a terrific attitude you have.

Feel free to insult my 'university' as much as you want but right now, I'm the one capitalising on this scheme. And if I was to have no job in my later life that would mean that I would not reach the the required £21,000 a year bracket needed for me to pay off my student loan. Meaning that it would be up to you and your nice sized wallet to help me and the government out paying off that money via taxation etc.

Thanks again.

:nigel:

The way that release is written is a bit sickening...

I've said it before about this and I'll say it again, I used to work at The University of Sheffield Students' Union Box Office part-time when I was a student there and we had cheap student tickets for both Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday but we were never given tickets to sell for the derby or big matches (e.g. Newcastle when they came down). I've no problem with LCFC having a partnership with DMU and can see why it's in place but why they are giving them 300 tickets for a game such as this is beyond me. Surely whoever negotiated the deal should have written in that LCFC have the right to waive the agreement for certain games (such as Doncaster on Saturday and Forest at home etc.)

Well stuff my old boots with porridge!

This is bloody disgraceful, to the point of being immoral. Scandalous!

Why should a bunch of scruffy louts, who scratch themselves all day, and call themselves students, get this deal ahead of the true fans? I know it's an ongoing arrangement, but it really beggars belief.

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm: 

lol  lol  lol 

As an ex DMU student, I didn't use any of these offers because I was a STH, I think the club have messed up the situation regarding Student season ticket that was a godsend for me during my degree, I guess for uni students who support City it must be tough financially wise.

I went to Nottingham Trent after getting 3 Bs at A-Level, their course looked great, I wanted a city based campus too and I came out with a 1st. Never struggled to get a job since I left.....infact the classification of your degree is far more important than where it's from if you are considering going for graduate level entry where often a 2:1 is required.

Anyway that's off topic. I will say that I know lecturers and staff at the Uni are benefitting from this offer too so I'm not sure it is completely fit for purpose in terms of helping financially stricken students. However, LCFC has sponsorships with many organisations offering heavily subsidised tickets including the emergency services and a whole host of core sponsors so this is just one such arrangement really. If you were on the right side of it you'd be happy.

As an ex DMU student, I didn't use any of these offers because I was a STH, I think the club have messed up the situation regarding Student season ticket that was a godsend for me during my degree, I guess for uni students who support City it must be tough financially wise.

They only sold about 150 of them though.

I heard some of the kids flapping the big shirt about at the start of the match haven't been all season either, and the ones who race at half time. WHY SHOULD THEY GET TO SEE THE GAME WHEN I CAN'T. Apparently some of the people using corporate tickets don't know all the players' names either. Also, why should that netting between the fans get to see the game from several hundred seats when I can't even get one? DISGRACE.

I heard some of the kids flapping the big shirt about at the start of the match haven't been all season either, and the ones who race at half time. WHY SHOULD THEY GET TO SEE THE GAME WHEN I CAN'T. Apparently some of the people using corporate tickets don't know all the players' names either. Also, why should that netting between the fans get to see the game from several hundred seats when I can't even get one? DISGRACE.

Don't forget Conrad Logan!

It is abit of a joke. I'm not too bothered personally but if this is a 'battle of the plastics'  :ph34r:  i'd rather have someone who has been to 1, 2, 3, 4+ games this season rather than some student that might not even come from Leicester just because if a free ticket.

Archived