Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

yeah but they took us to some place in the middle of fu cking nowhere, not scunthorpe train station, like the next one along on the way back to leicester. which is great. if you're going to leicester. which i wasn't lol.

took me an my mates about a day to get home thanks to the bunch of dickhead coppers continually telling me to follow the crowds onto the buses to get to the station to go to leicester despite continually telling the plebs i was going in the opposite direction.

lol lol

That's right it was just some platform on its own somewhere random. I remember a couple of female coppers being on the otherside of the platform and getting a load of sexual remarks sang at them lol

lol lol

That's right it was just some platform on its own somewhere random. I remember a couple of female coppers being on the otherside of the platform and getting a load of sexual remarks sang at them lol

yeah good day out that. 3-0 win, vitor was majestic, our play off push was back on. 

until we then inexplicably dropped vitor, lost 1-0 at home to pompey (nugent goal and celebration in front of the kop) and finished mid table. good times. 

There's no such thing as a good away day on New Years day is there? Reading always stands out for me. Everyone making a massive hungover effort in the rain to get grouped up and down to Reading in plenty of time, only for the game to be called off at half time.

There's no such thing as a good away day on New Years day is there? Reading always stands out for me. Everyone making a massive hungover effort in the rain to get grouped up and down to Reading in plenty of time, only for the game to be called off at half time.

Unfortunately I was at that game as well and because it was called off at HT we didn't get a refund on the tickets. and compared to the Pompey away game which was basically played in football pitch sized puddle the Reading game was classed as a little drizzle.

Even though I've had bad New Years Day football experiences I am seriously considering Anfield.

My worst ever away day was at Loftus road, New years day 2008. Awful game, awful team (both teams) horrendous hang-over, terrible atmosphere, shitty ground with no leg room.

Steve Howard and Matt Oakley were making their debuts weren't they? 3-1 loss, Iain Hume with the consolation free kick. My highlight of that day was the sharer platter I had to myself in 'Spoons before hand in an attempt to defeat the hangover. The ribs were average but they were still better than the dross that was served up later on.

Steve Howard and Matt Oakley were making their debuts weren't they? 3-1 loss, Iain Hume with the consolation free kick. My highlight of that day was the sharer platter I had to myself in 'Spoons before hand in an attempt to defeat the hangover. The ribs were average but they were still better than the dross that was served up later on.

That's the one, quality free kick from Hume only high point in a miserable match, no noise from either set of fans virtual silence all game, apart from getting taunted by some teenage bellend in the home end, which didn't help matters. Don't think anyone felt in a good way, 13,000 people with a collective hangover.

Might be able to help you there mate.

I'll let you know closer to the time though.

any help appreciated  :kissing:

i've got an ST and about 5 aways from last year but not sure how it's gonna pan out. i also don't even have it off work yet haha, if i get a ticket and get thrown in to work that day i can't even pull an inconspicuous sickie because it's bloody new years day! i booked the whole week of liverpool home off work as soon as it was midweek so we're safe for that one lol.

nice one chaps. i'll almost definitely be bringing it up again closer the time anyway, so we'll let the bidding commence then lol

like i said sorta lucky it's landed on NYD cos i don't think we ever sell out then, just thought it'd be more likely to sell out anfield NYD than millwall or hull or whatever like we've had in recent years :D 

i remember when we had hull away, i'd planned to get wankered new years eve, stay out, nail a massive breakfast and head onto the game. got to about half 7 in the morning, had a massive scran and went to bed haha. hungover football matches are not fun. 

Archived