Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

there not as supported as good as Man U Liverpool, arsenal or even Everton or Newcastle maybe, but I think there support is still good just look at them. When they were in league 1

Is that why united have to blackmail fans into going to champions league match. If you're a season ticket holder at united and you miss any cup match, which you have to pay for on top of ST, you forfeit your ticket for the next home match. On current form that may not be a punishment.

Really the champions league, for all it's hoo haa and money is just another cup competition that doesn't get interesting until the later stages with plenty of meaningless matches and weak opposition.

Perhaps because he was at one point?

I dunno mate. Single-handedly leading Man City to a league title in one of the best leagues in the world is the mark of an average midfielder...

I suppose it depends what you define as "World Class", but he isn't/wasn't for me.

As I said in my initial post, somewhat taken out of context again, he performs domestically. Yes he played a big part of winning the title for Manchester City but he's never performed in Europe for them. He looks average in Europe. And internationally, he doesn't perform (ok he plays for Ivory Coast but still).

For me, to be "World Class" you got to perform on both stages. You can't just do it in the league. He's another example of a good Premier League player, nothing more. But that's just my definition.

So next time instead of like taking the piss perhaps read my initial post. I made a good comparison with Schweinstieger. A player who performs for Bayern in the league, in Europe and also looks brilliant for his Country.

How on earth was that quote from your post was taken out of context? Please explain after you've put your tampon back in.

Because you didn't quote the part where I used a comparison to explain my opinion?

Yaya Toure is world class. He would get into mostly any side in the world if he became avaliable.

94B1AE99-1333-4A84-AE35-5E32AB0EF8C0_zps

Which is why Barcelona sold him...

Because you didn't quote the part where I used a comparison to explain my opinion?

He wasn't world class whilst at Barcelona though. It wasn't until he came to Man City where he absolutely bossed the PL and still does now, making him one of the best midfielders in not only the PL but also in Europe.

If Yaya was offered back to Barcelona now, I'm sure they'd have him back if the price/wages was right.

City are so predictable in Europe and Toure suffers as a result, Bayern and Madrid would probably be the only sides wo would turn him down if wages weren't an issue.

What about the side who sold him to Man City so they could play a young Sergio Busquets instead?

He wasn't world class whilst at Barcelona though. It wasn't until he came to Man City where he absolutely bossed the PL and still does now, making him one of the best midfielders in not only the PL but also in Europe.

If Yaya was offered back to Barcelona now, I'm sure they'd have him back if the price/wages was right.

You're either world class or you aren't. World class for me is a player who will perform in any competition in any team. Toure, whilst excellent in the Premier League, has been lacking in other areas.

You're either world class or you aren't. 

Was Cristiano Ronaldo world-class when he first arrived at Man Utd as a wee bairn? No - it wasn't until a few years there that he really got going. Players can be world class but not perform it for a couple of seasons, particularly when they're on the way up and haven't yet hit their prime.

What about the side who sold him to Man City so they could play a young Sergio Busquets instead?

You're either world class or you aren't. World class for me is a player who will perform in any competition in any team. Toure, whilst excellent in the Premier League, has been lacking in other areas.

You have to work you're way into that 'World class' role in which he didn't fulfil his potential at Barcelona. It wasn't until he was showing his true potential at Man City where he gained that 'World class' tag.

I'm not saying he's perfect, but he is a damn good footballer who could walk into mostly any club in European football.

So saying that if Vardy gets picked for the England squad then he is an England player.

So why was he not picked 5,6 or 7 years ago.

Very few players at 20 21 or 22 would be seen as truly world class but would be at 24 25 or 26.

You're smarter than that mate.

They sold him 4 years ago as utility man centre back/midfielder. He's developed a **** load in that time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29474373

Thoughts?

Personally think he's right. There's too much money involved in the game for it to be any other way IMO.

I know for a fact that I wouldn't turn down someone because of his ethnicity, providing he's good enough.

I wonder if that's shared in the game though. I'd be livid if Leicester has or will ever turn down a perfectly good candidate because of his ethnicity and employed an Englishman who is less capable.

Was Cristiano Ronaldo world-class when he first arrived at Man Utd as a wee bairn? No - it wasn't until a few years there that he really got going. Players can be world class but not perform it for a couple of seasons, particularly when they're on the way up and haven't yet hit their prime.

You can hardly compare an 18 year old Ronaldo to a 27 year old Toure. Ronaldo was clearly going to be a star even at that age. Toure's not far off his peak at 27.

You have to work you're way into that 'World class' role in which he didn't fulfil his potential at Barcelona. It wasn't until he was showing his true potential at Man City where he gained that 'World class' tag.

I'm not saying he's perfect, but he is a damn good footballer who could walk into mostly any club in European football.

I disagree. You've either got it or you haven't. I don't think he's ever fully gained that tag.

I'm not saying he's a bad footballer - he's got a hell of a lot to his game, but he only seems to perform in certain situations. Do you really read Yaya Toure's name alongside the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Zidane etc...?

So saying that if Vardy gets picked for the England squad then he is an England player.

So why was he not picked 5,6 or 7 years ago.

Very few players at 20 21 or 22 would be seen as truly world class but would be at 24 25 or 26.

As I've said previously, he was TWENTY SEVEN when he left Barcelona. I don't get why people are making out Man City signed him when he was a kid.

Thoughts?

Personally think he's right. There's too much money involved in the game for it to be any other way IMO.

I know for a fact that I wouldn't turn down someone because of his ethnicity, providing he's good enough.

I wonder if that's shared in the game though. I'd be livid if Leicester has or will ever turn down a perfectly good candidate because of his ethnicity and employed an Englishman who is less capable.

Good on him for calling bullshit to what is bullshit. The whole black managers debate seriously angers me. The utter hypocrisy spouted by racists like Sol Campbell and Peter Herbert really pisses me off. If I spouted their kind of shite about black people I would be rightly considered racist - why aren't they? It's a one-way street in this country.

Thoughts?

All this is just annoying me. I keep seeing articles about black managers and the FA actually setting up courses for only black people. Isn't that racist?

If a manager isn't good enough, he isn't good enough, regardless of colour.  

Archived