Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Derby vs QPR final

Astonishing match, and you just knew QPR were going to do it in the end. Derby shouldn't have let them off the hook - terrible goal to give away. But Rob Green was in the form of his life, and it was almost inevitable.

Personally I think Derby will get an automatic place next year, maybe behind Wigan.

You're a derby fan really, aren't you mate? All that talk about how we should all stand on the motorway bridge applauding their fans back and providing a shoulder to cry on if they lose, and now I see you on the derby forum saying you hope they win the league next season. You aren't a leicester fan, that is for absolute sure. Just admit you're a sheepy? It's not too much to be ashamed of you know.

Talk about smash and grab!

But couldn't you see it coming?

On about 70 minutes a long ball went into the Derby half and Keogh smashed it straight up in the air, went nowhere and looked really panicky. I knew if they would be shaky in defence and it would just take one chance.

Shame in some ways as it was a final where I didn't want either team to win. I wanted Wigan up.

But still, we can look forward to Harry on August/Jan 31st on sky sports news out his car window again signing more 35 year old former internationals.

How long before Joe Cole, Steve Sidwell and John Arne Riise pitch up at loftus road?

Talk about smash and grab!

But couldn't you see it coming?

On about 70 minutes a long ball went into the Derby half and Keogh smashed it straight up in the air, went nowhere and looked really panicky. I knew if they would be shaky in defence and it would just take one chance.

Shame in some ways as it was a final where I didn't want either team to win. I wanted Wigan up.

But still, we can look forward to Harry on August/Jan 31st on sky sports news out his car window again signing more 35 year old former internationals.

How long before Joe Cole, Steve Sidwell and John Arne Riise pitch up at loftus road?

article-2637213-1E229C8A00000578-545_634

Bet you thought it was funny that little lad bawling being held by his mum

Brilliant, every time the camera panned into the crowd to show another Derby fan crying I found myself howling with laughter,

but the kid being held by his mum topped the lot. lol

Brilliant, every time the camera panned into the crowd to show another Derby fan crying I found myself howling with laughter,

but the kid being held by his mum topped the lot. lol

He wasn't just crying though he was absolutely roaring lol

Q.P.R.!!!! 'Arry's boys 'ave dun it.

Well done 'Arry, I knew you would be joining us. I'll give you a bell tonight guv, and we can celebrate. The champers is on you!

Well, all you geezers who slagged him off, will be eating humble pie now! Ha, ha! It doesn't matter how they did it, but 'Arry did the job. 

I won myself a fair few quid thanks to the old feller.  :thumbup:

Why does everyone hate qpr so much lol because they spent loads of money! Do you all hate man city and Chelsea then. Who was the club who appointed sven and signed players such as yakubu! Short memories. Personally think its cuz you all see qpr as tough competition next season.

Because they're a joke club and represent absolutely everything wrong with the sport.

Q.P.R.!!!! 'Arry's boys 'ave dun it.

Well done 'Arry, I knew you would be joining us. I'll give you a bell tonight guv, and we can celebrate. The champers is on you!

Well, all you geezers who slagged him off, will be eating humble pie now! Ha, ha! It doesn't matter how they did it, but 'Arry did the job. 

I won myself a fair few quid thanks to the old feller.  :thumbup:

This post is hilariously ironic considering your attitude toward Pearson.

I've just taken a trip over to the Derby forum, it really smacks of ours last year and is bringing back some awful memories.

I'm sitting over my revision thinking about my exams last year, before I went in to sit my first year Uni exams a load of lads started fvcking jeering me. I finished early and just sat there just staring at the wall where an imprint of Knockaert stepping up was vividly depicted.

"Proud"

"We go again next year"

All titles on the Derby forum front page. Imagine having to get yourself up for another Championship slog. 

I'm so fvcking happy we've gone all the way this year, I don't think I'd have been able to take it. 

As a football fan, that's the wrong result. Derby try to play good passing, attacking football and sometimes succeed: superb 2nd leg v. Brighton. Despite being by far the better team, they were a bit clueless today, though. Particularly with 11 v. 10, why keep trying crosses in the air, which Dunne will gobble up all day, or trying to pass the ball into the net, when one of the few good things about QPR is their defensive organisation? Madness! How many times did they manoeuvre the ball to a bloke on the edge of the box, who could have shot, got a deflection and won the game, but just passed it on to the winger....?

Really don't like QPR - the (comparatively) poor man's Chelsea - loads of money and still play shitehouse defensive football with no verve, cynically playing the odds. Horrible team full of horrible players with a horrible manager and horrible owners. Can't see them offering anything positive in the Premier, but God knows who'll be in their squad by then.

Can understand the anti-Sheep hostility from locals who've faced sneering or whatever from their lot. I've only ever known 1 Derby fan and he's quite a decent bloke. Only ever passed through Derby - best thing to do with it, as it seemed pretty dull. They've played football properly quite often this season, though, and seem to run their club properly - so I'm sorry they've lost to a club for which neither is the case.

Should've had some money on this, though. I felt it in my waters before the game that this was going to be a scabby 1-0 for 'Arry's Boys. Shame twice over!

Archived