Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Ross McCormack

Let's face it. If he was already ours and he got us 30 goals or whatever and someone wants him for 8 mil you'd be have all got angry about how low that sum is... #SMH

The trouble is that English football is in a vicious financial cycle that's only getting worse.

Clubs need to keep their players more than they need to sell, which makes everyone worth 300% to 400% more than their talent suggests.

The trouble is that English football is in a vicious financial cycle that's only getting worse.

Clubs need to keep their players more than they need to sell, which makes everyone worth 300% to 400% more than their talent suggests.

Err... run that by me again?

Jordan Rhodes, bang on 8.

Two forwards rated at 8 million each can't get a game for their national side, you'd think Scotland were half decent. The joke is on whoever pays these prices.

And they were ridiculed for paying that much

And rightly so.

I fear we will have to pay £8million for a top class striker, however, I think there could well be better out there for that money. It's a difficult one - McCormack scored 30 goals in a poor Leeds side, but only at Championship level, yet people think Vardy will be vital to our success next year, yet he scored just about half as many goals for us as McCormack did for Leeds in a side that scored 80+ goals. Buying a striker is always a risky business and being stung in the past with our record signing Akenbiyi doesn't guarantee a successful return for your investment. There are lots of examples last season where strikers have been bought for around £8mil and have been woeful in the Prem. I'm not saying we should pay £8mil for McCormack or Ulloa, but whoever we buy could be another flop waiting to happen. Even Cordozo may not be successful in England, yet look at Ricky Lambert and where he came from, who'd have thought he'd be going to Brazil 5 years ago?

I think Dwight Gayle cost about 6 or 7 million, when you reach the premier league the price of average players playing in England goes up.

I think 5m transfers will become normal for us to build a quality squad.

We play in the richest league in the world and have wealthy owners, I've never been as exited being a lcfc fan.

McCormack would be class. I used to live up there and know quite a few Leeds fans and pretty much the only thing they all agree on is that this guy saved them from a truly disastrous season. The guy got 28 goals in a pretty sterile team.They all love him.

Having said that, anything upwards of £5 million would be too much.

But was he WORTH it?. Who does he play for again?

Certainly worth it in my opinion he has the best scoring record in the championship in the last 2 years he's Been in it playing for a relatively poor team

McCormack would be class. I used to live up there and know quite a few Leeds fans and pretty much the only thing they all agree on is that this guy saved them from a truly disastrous season. The guy got 28 goals in a pretty sterile team.They all love him.

Having said that, anything upwards of £5 million would be too much.

I personally would be disappointed if we went for him he's had 1 excellent season in the last 4

Not too sure on the price tag but I can see why they are asking for it because they would be screwed without him. Plus you can't deny scoring 28 goals for an average team in what people say is one of the toughest leagues to get out of isn't impressive.

Whether it be with us or elsewhere he deserves a shot in the Premier League in my opinion. He's better than some of the garbage strikers that played in there last season.

But was he WORTH it?. Who does he play for again?

Blackburn, they weren't too far off the play-offs this season, and if his goals get them promoted next season, then yes he will be. Thats not to say it wasn't a ridiculous transfer fee.

Archived