Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SOCCERROO FOX

The Tinder Thread

I'm sure this post will add to the general merriment of this thread. 

I've been on here before, grizzling about the dull, transactional nature of online dating. Basically no chase, no edge, no jeopardy. But occasionally, I 'have' to dip my toe in, so to speak. 

Basically as a guy the wrong side of 45, I frankly find women of my age repellent. I'm quite comfortable that I'm not exactly god's gift myself but hey, that's someone else's problem, not mine! 

Anyways, under much criticism for my perennial lying about my age to birds in their early 30s....I decided to agree to a ' date' with a 42 yo

Well, let's Just say now I KNOW I'm right to lie about my age. An unmitigated disaster 😂

Never again. I swear I'm better off alone than settling for err, cougars 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm sure this post will add to the general merriment of this thread. 

I've been on here before, grizzling about the dull, transactional nature of online dating. Basically no chase, no edge, no jeopardy. But occasionally, I 'have' to dip my toe in, so to speak. 

Basically as a guy the wrong side of 45, I frankly find women of my age repellent. I'm quite comfortable that I'm not exactly god's gift myself but hey, that's someone else's problem, not mine! 

Anyways, under much criticism for my perennial lying about my age to birds in their early 30s....I decided to agree to a ' date' with a 42 yo

Well, let's Just say now I KNOW I'm right to lie about my age. An unmitigated disaster 😂

Never again. I swear I'm better off alone than settling for err, cougars 

@UpTheLeagueFox has a bad back that needs tended to if it doesn't work out mate. 

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

@UpTheLeagueFox has a bad back that needs tended to if it doesn't work out mate. 

8 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I suspect Geoff is of the same vintage as both me and my companion last night, therefore rendering him unsuitable for my future requirements. 

I am indeed of the same vintage.

It's quite staggering how many younger lasses - late 20s, early 30s - who show interest.

What is wrong with them? lol

On 16/10/2020 at 07:52, Blarmy said:

A lot of women use fake names on Tinder. One I got chatting to also had a fake age and picture! In the bin. 

On 15/10/2020 at 23:23, Walkers said:

It is amusing how many fake social media accounts like those are called Barbara, Margaret, Doris etc.

Once matched a legitmate 18 year old called Mary lol

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...
4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Thought I would have a look at the new Facebook dating thing, deleted my account within 30 minutes, nothing but single mums!

This sounds right up my street.

I deleted Tinder and Bumble almost a year ago, I've just been boozing and doing different things (where possible).

I don’t know if anyone on here has used Hinge but my goodness some of the state of the “women” on there; unsure if it’s a dating app or a recruitment service for the circus. It’s actually a decent laugh swiping right and seeing how bad it actually gets. 

5 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I don’t know if anyone on here has used Hinge but my goodness some of the state of the “women” on there; unsure if it’s a dating app or a recruitment service for the circus. It’s actually a decent laugh swiping right and seeing how bad it actually gets. 

hinge.jpg

11 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I refuse to use it because of how pretentious their ads are, loads of pure nonsense about ‘brunch’ and ‘doggo’s and that shite 

11 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

4 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

I refuse to use it because of how pretentious their ads are, loads of pure nonsense about ‘brunch’ and ‘doggo’s and that shite 

I've just downloaded Hinge. Seems a lot more complicated than Tinder and Bumble.

12 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Maybe it says more about me but I've found it much better than the other ones. I find that it's at least easier to strike up conversations on it. Not that I'm generally having loads of joy with these things. 

12 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Is the algorithm any good 

18 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Found it the same as all the others. 

put the in hard yards in for a week to strike up a couple of chats. spend a week  texting prior to the date. Meet for date. They are ALWAYS 33% worse looking than their worst photo. Crushing anti climax. Delete app. Celibacy for 6 months. Reinstall app. Start over.

• Haha 1