Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Away Kit Colour

Technically gold isn't "our colour" either but because you don't mind it you've deemed not to apply that bizarre logic to that.

That "copying other sides" line is just plain odd, there's only a finite number of colours in the spectrum, whatever colour we choose is guaranteed to be the same colour of another team. Such a warped manner of looking at it.

I don't mind the gold because I think it looks classy.

If the kit is anything like the kits that andog and Ash have shopped for us then it'll look tacky. Just look at Cardiffs.

Of course there is only a certain amount that you can choose from. But Red shouldn't be one that we use. The three most successful clubs in England have red kits and opposing fans will think we're 'doing a Cardiff'.

I just cringe at everyone wanting to be different. Absolutely nothing wrong with the colours we're supposed to be. Blue, White, Yellow.

For the hundred millionth time, we've had several red kits before. It's nothing new, it's part of our history as much as yellow/gold and more so than green or teal or whatever.

It's really not a big deal. Either way.

Oh right so I can't hate it because we used Red kits from before I was even born?

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/New-Leicester-City-away-kit-pictures-fake-say/story-22085702-detail/story.html

Leicester City away kit pictures are fake, say club

By PA_Warzynski | Posted: August 06, 2014

image.jpg

The doctored photo of the new City away kit, which looks similar to the home strip of rivals Nottingham Forest

Comments (1)

Fake images of a new Leicester City away kit have been getting Foxes fans hot under the collar.

A picture of captain Wes Morgan wearing the red shirt have been circulating on Twitter, with supporters likening the design to rivals Nottingham Forest.

However, a spokesman for Leicester City said the image was fake, and said the club’s new away kit would be launched in a couple of weeks.

@filbonick tweeted: “It looks like f****t [Forest] so no thanks"

lol

I don't mind the gold because I think it looks classy.

If the kit is anything like the kits that andog and Ash have shopped for us then it'll look tacky. Just look at Cardiffs.

Of course there is only a certain amount that you can choose from. But Red shouldn't be one that we use. The three most successful clubs in England have red kits and opposing fans will think we're 'doing a Cardiff'.

I just cringe at everyone wanting to be different. Absolutely nothing wrong with the colours we're supposed to be. Blue, White, Yellow.

We aren't yellow, never have been, Our club colours are Blue and White hence our home kit, we have had all kinds of colours for away kits, including, yellow, gold, grey, black, that weird creamy vomit one, Jade and Navy, Green and Yellow and Red.

We are not doing a Cardiff, Cardiff changed their HOME kit colour, LOGO, NICKNAME, MASCOT.

We are, supposedly, having a red AWAY kit, for probably one season, most likely as a marketing ploy to sell more shirts not because it is lucky or anything, but because we haven't played in red for a few years, and people will buy it. 

There was none of this bollocks when we played in grey last season, and that has no association with the club and is an awful colour, and was an awful kit.

Hopefully we will see a range of different away shirts over the next few seasons, like other clubs do, how many different Man United away kits can you think of, I might even like one and actually buy one (come on Orange kit), because people aren't going to shell out £40 every year for another white football top.

Why would fans think we're doing a Cardiff because we've got a red away kit, that will be worn about four times?

Cardiff have changed much more than their kit, we are still in blue home kit, still the Foxes, still exactly the same club that ended last season. Just with a different coloured away kit, and we've had different away kits for several years (black 2009, black with blue sash 2010, all yellow 2011, white 2011-2013, grey 2014).

That horrible grey kit basically ruined last season for me so I might just kill myself now we've got a RED kit. Disgusting.

I mean come on, can we get back to moaning about who's going to play at left back or our lack of aptitude in defending set pieces?

It is quite funny saying a red kit would be tacky and following it up by saying you'd prefer a yellow kit. In my lifetime every yellow kit we've had has been awful.

The only one I liked was our first season in the prem one:

1994-95-leicester-away-shirt-2742-1.jpg

The rest were all a bit naff, especially Topps Tiles:

leicester-city-patrick-kisnorbo-135-coca

I think we should do a tour of claasic team kits for our away....

so Brazil one yeah, Ajax the next, Boca Juniors, Netherlands, Juventus....

Id love stripes just one year...

But ultimately I just don't really give a fcuk and anyone getting there Huggies pull-ups in a twist needs to fcuk off!

Oh how School holidays ruin t'internet!

:lei1:

This has made it to the Mercury, the club have said its fake.

Good work lol

Genuinely surprised at that! I mean I even said it's to give everyone an idea of what it could look like. I posted it very small for that reasoning!

:nigel:  I'm famous!

It is quite funny saying a red kit would be tacky and following it up by saying you'd prefer a yellow kit. In my lifetime every yellow kit we've had has been awful.

What's funny about it?

All you've done is give your opinion. Neither of us are wrong. I personally think that we've had some fine yellow kits. It's just personal taste mate. Not everyone has to like the same things  :thumbup:

2 things:

1. that yellow is horrible, too bright looks like custard, I didn't like that kit at all. (my opinion)

2. Lloyd  :cry:

Ha I thought of Lloyd as well </3. I actually think that yellow kit is a lot nicer than I remembered. The white on it makes it much nicer otherwise it wouldn't have been great.

1248730549SincoYellowFront.JPG

That's one of my favourite Leicester shirts ever

don't understand that at all, just looks like a tacky piece of shiny yellow material with a tacky massive crisp logo and a tacky brand badge in the corner and a tacky fruit of the loom round neck.

They really won't. It's an away shirt. No one will care. We aren't synonymous with a particular colour of away strip, get over it.

don't understand that at all, just looks like a tacky piece of shiny yellow material with a tacky massive crisp logo and a tacky brand badge in the corner and a tacky fruit of the loom round neck.

That style was fresh back in the day, though.

Ronaldo%2B%252853%2529.jpg

Archived