Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 2-2 Everton post match thread

very fortunate to get a draw, but with both our CMs out, thats as good as we could have got! Both Morgan and Moore rocks. De Laet, Hammond, Nugent - all not up to Prem level for me

ok no problem. lets carve it all up get rid and change everything...your absolutely correct; the opening game of the season is the right time to make these decisions on who is good enough and who isnt  :thumbup:

Everton fans seem to think Moore was lucky not to be sent off :S....

What for? What about bloody Barry?

The handball to block Lukaku going through on goal, presumably.

Just because they think this, doesn't mean they automatically think Barry shouldn't have gone too lol.

A proud day for the club, performance wise and atmosphere wise. First half to be fair we did score a goal but we weren't creating enough, Everton were dominate in the first period. Second half it was all us, in fact i thought Everton looked quite poor in the second half, it was like for the final half an hour they were prepared to sit back and defend just a one goal lead for half an hour! A draw on reflection was a fair result we created alot of chances in that second half and deserved at least something which we got. Individual performances I'd say every player involved had a good game, nobody really I could call... well maybe Knocky struggled in the second half, but he looked decent in the first. Alot of credit to Wes Morgan he certainly kept Lukaku quiet today, Lukaku at the end of the day didn't really do much. A great to see Ulloa score on his debut plus it's great for Chris Wood to prove his doubters he's still got something to offer.

Morgan Man Of The Match by far.

good game, and shows areas where we are good and need to improve; are attack is good, our wingers have the potential to do well (perhaps a bit more experience needed for knocky at this level as he gave the ball away too many times) we need strengthening in depth in central midfield (cambiasso will come in so thats good), and possibly strengthening at either R and L back. Good effort by the lads tho, would have took a point before the game and espeically after drinky coming off  :scarf:

So pleased to get a draw out of that. Without James, Vardy and Albrighton too, whilst losing Drinkwater in the first half. Yet we never gave in, kept going and forced an equaliser, superb stuff. And we had a midfield of King, Hammond, Schlupp and Mahrez finishing the game lol What were the odds on that?

Everton looked a class side, very comfortable on the ball and Pienaar was everywhere, they scored two excellent goals but apart from that Schmeichel didn't have a true save to make. Our goals were slightly less glamourous but no less important. The spirit and determination of this team is incredible and will carry us against teams of better quality. I thought we adapted really well to playing without the ball, which must've been tough given how much dominance we had of the ball last season.

A point on the board, a late goal again (hallmark of last season) and a very positive opening game, though the squad does need reinforcement. To get a draw in the circumstances is a great credit.

Jesus they are bitter! just flicking through their forum, We're direct, overly physical, didn't deserve a point.... here's me thinking we did well today... 

We were dominated for large parts of the game but they only have themselves for not killing us off. We've done what was needed - 2 shots on goal (?),  2 goals. We took our chances; they didn't make their possession pay. Their fault!

Archived