Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

Andy King

he's a great great Leicester City player. I'll use the term Rested as I don't believe he was dropped. He never complained or moaned just got his head down and worked harder. Then comes back with a performance like that last night. Him and Kante where immense second half and then to top it off with the winning goal.  A top top player and one of our own. 

He's absolutely great. Love him. I still wouldn't have him in my first XI though..... don't kill me guys.

One of the great things about King though is he seems to accept that it's a team game and is happy to play a part in a greater success. Never really seems to suffer from ego, never heard of him whinging.

Polar opposite for me Foxy, would always have him in my 11, we are better when he`s in the side I M H O, very harsh on Drinky but King and Kante HAS to be the first choice central pairing !

We will have a difficult time linking defence to attack without either Inler or Drinkwater, in my opinion. Think it's pretty obvious who should start out of those two... I just don't see how you can make a case for dropping Drinky. After this game there is a serious case of recency bias on this forum.

is "recency bias" not another word for form ?? he played a different 11 last night to give players a chance to impress and break into the starting line up, well, Fuchs, YB and King did just that !

No that doesn't make sense because Drinkwater is in fantastic form. He just didn't play last night and suddenly he's out the team for you.

No that doesn't make sense because Drinkwater is in fantastic form. He just didn't play last night and suddenly he's out the team for you.

Drinkwater is another who has lifted his game at Leicester as a Premiership player and in he, Kante and King I think we have a formidable group.

But when it comes to their relative value to the team people seem to forget the range of King's ability. Our defence was sound last night not just because of our back four but because of the assistance they got at times from King (and Ulloa).

I'd love to see the comparative passing stats but would be amazed if King isn't the quickest and most accurate passer in the club and creatively, well, the guy made have a dozen potential assists in a very short space of time last night to demonstrate his value in that department. 

He's worked hard in the gym to be much improved in tackling and breaking up attacks too and is a useful aerial assistant in dead ball situations at either end. But there's one stat which demonstrates Kingys value way above everything else.

It's the 275 games he's played for Leicester for 51 goals scored - the best goals record of any midfielder in Leicester's history. Drinkwater has scored 10 for Leicester in 134 appeaances and 13 goals all told in the 207 senior games of his career according to Wikipaedia. It's not even close.   

Really stepped up since we got promoted, can't fault him now. I think his overall game is much more rounded now.

Definite element of that. Since the first three games of last season where he stepped up without James and Drinkwater he's been more consistent.

Really hope he can add a few more goals this year, not been able to get the chances in recent years and he's a finisher we shouldn't waste.

Drinkwater is another who has lifted his game at Leicester as a Premiership player and in he, Kante and King I think we have a formidable group.

But when it comes to their relative value to the team people seem to forget the range of King's ability. Our defence was sound last night not just because of our back four but because of the assistance they got at times from King (and Ulloa).

I'd love to see the comparative passing stats but would be amazed if King isn't the quickest and most accurate passer in the club and creatively, well, the guy made have a dozen potential assists in a very short space of time last night to demonstrate his value in that department.

He's worked hard in the gym to be much improved in tackling and breaking up attacks too and is a useful aerial assistant in dead ball situations at either end. But there's one stat which demonstrates Kingys value way above everything else.

It's the 275 games he's played for Leicester for 51 goals scored - the best goals record of any midfielder in Leicester's history. Drinkwater has scored 10 for Leicester in 134 appeaances and 13 goals all told in the 207 senior games of his career according to Wikipaedia. It's not even close.

You don't need to sell me on Kings value to the team. For me though, it is one of Drinky/Inler and one of King/Kante if we want a good balance in the middle. King is behind Kante in the pecking order in my opinion.

If we play 3 genuine cms then King is straight in there.

Archived