Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EGBFitness

Mahrez

Great finish for his goal. 

I would probably expect Mahrez to have been worse on Twitter than he has, he is a flair player and they can often have a lack of temperament to go with being out of the team. Nugent doesn't have the ability to be like that. It's still a tricky one for Nige to deal with. For footballing reasons Mahrez should clearly be in the team, but we don't know what's gone on.

Only at Leicester do we have a player who needs to be an regular international star banging them in for his country before he can get into the starting 11 for his club. Mahrez and knocky should be starting for us, or is Pearson hiding them till after the transfer window.

If he doesn't start getting played he's more than welcome to put a transfer request in, wasted on the bench here, this lad needs to play games not warm the bench, I wanna see him do well for himself and if he's not getting played he's not gonna be doing well for himself here.

He's right though! Why the fvck isn't he playing? It's looking worryingly like this is one of those fabled stubborn Pearson has a falling-out with a player episodes.

Not playing him will take us down, and/or ensure that we don't get the tidy sum we are owed for him in January (genuinely thinking Club record sale here - we can get more than £11million for him)

If he doesn't start getting played he's more than welcome to put a transfer request in, wasted on the bench here, this lad needs to play games not warm the bench, I wanna see him do well for himself and if he's not getting played he's not gonna be doing well for himself here.

Agree, problem is then NP will come out with some crap like 'Mahrez put a transfer request in because he doesn't want to stay here and I won't stand in any players way who wants to leave' so Riyad can't win either way.

Talk about over reacting

Only six weeks and a handful of games until the window opens. He says himself there's been some interest already. It's perfectly conceivable that even as soon as tomorrow, another club confirms interest, Mahrez confirms he wants to leave, and he doesn't play for Leicester again.

Mahrez has been involved in twice as many goals in his last 2 algeria games than the whole leicester city squad in our last 6. And mahrez himself scored and assisted both our goals in that time too. NICE

It's actually staggering that he isn't getting in. I could understand slightly if we were actually getting results but Jesus Christ, West Brom would've seriously struggled dealing with that.

He's far better than sitting on our bench.

I'd be livid. I think Pearson gets a tough ride from some regarding Gradel - was he ever really that good for us? I always thought he was a disappointment.

Mahrez on the other hand lights up the game more often than he doesn't. Genuinely one of the most skilled players I've seen at Leicester and probably will see too. Would be a complete joke if we threw that away, and for what?

Only six weeks and a handful of games until the window opens. He says himself there's been some interest already. It's perfectly conceivable that even as soon as tomorrow, another club confirms interest, Mahrez confirms he wants to leave, and he doesn't play for Leicester again.

Players like Mahrez will always be sought after and interest in him is nothing new.

You're also intentionally leaving out the second part of his answer to the question: "There is interest, but nothing concrete".

Too good for us, too much flair and creativity, doesn't track back enough for our manager hence he is benched? Another one like Max Gradel who will be let go for peanuts and move onto better things.

Good on him if he does.

We are crying out for his creativity, play him please.

The Gradel case is a bit different, partially because he counts as a "Leicester lad" following his time at the academy - the bond to the club is/was stronger. His career could've turned out a lot worse following Leeds, but he made the right move in joining a French Ligue 1 club and there is no point in looking back and still shedding tears over his departure.

Besides, we don't know the exact details of the deal - there might have been a sell-on clause.

However, with Leicester in the Premier League now, I can't see how playing for St. Etienne is any better.

Maybe if we Gradel should ever decide to come back to Leicester at one point, the circle comes to a full closure...

The Gradel case is a bit different, partially because he counts as a "Leicester lad" following his time at the academy - the bond to the club is/was stronger. His career could've turned out a lot worse following Leeds, but he made the right move in joining a French Ligue 1 club and there is no point in looking back and still shedding tears over his departure.

Besides, we don't know the exact details of the deal - there might have been a sell-on clause.

However, with Leicester in the Premier League now, I can't see how playing for St. Etienne is any better.

Maybe if we Gradel should ever decide to come back to Leicester at one point, the circle comes to a full closure...

Good post. However, the comparisons between the two is uncanny. Np was our manager then and we were in div one there were many games where Gradel was either benched or did not even make the team, back then many posters used to say, "whats happened to Gradel?" Etc, etc To me Mahrez is being treated the same?

It doesn't fit right that in the last six games our team has been crying out for creativity yet we have gone into the horrible shell of a team that is unrecgonisable to the one that started the season so well.

Mahrez has to start simple as.

Otherwise both him and knockeart will be off in January and I for one won't blame them.

Good post. However, the comparisons between the two is uncanny. Np was our manager then and we were in div one there were many games where Gradel was either benched or did not even make the team, back then many posters used to say, "whats happened to Gradel?" Etc, etc To me Mahrez is being treated the same?

It doesn't fit right that in the last six games our team has been crying out for creativity yet we have gone into the horrible shell of a team that is unrecgonisable to the one that started the season so well.

Mahrez has to start simple as.

Otherwise both him and knockeart will be off in January and I for one won't blame them.

I don't see how you can come to such rash conclusions. Pearson was our manager then, yes. But that's about it. A manager benches a lot of players during a season, so I'd like to know why you're so desperate to make a case in point (against the manager).

In the end, Gradel's time on the pitch had little to no effect on our promotion back to the Championship (people remember him for one particular last-gasp equalizer only) - Pearson's decisions back then proved to be right.

Besides, Mahrez already is a full international - compare that to Gradel who did that after he'd left us. So Riyad's getting his fair share of minutes, even if he doesn't feature for us at the moment.

Then again, that was League One. This is the Premier League.

I've mentioned it a few times in the recent past - yes, we could do with a bit more creativity. Yet the bad run of form of late was also down to bad luck.

And people tend to forget what kind of opposition we've been playing lately (can't believe some fans managed to underestimate Southampton, for instance).

Archived