Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Cambiasso's in then he's out in out in out shakes us all about!

We're leicester city.

100 miles from London ? 50 miles from Birmingham and 105 miles from Manchester .

We haven't been in the premier league for ten years. We are not paying 100k a week and are not in any European competition.

BUT we are in the premier league now,we own our own ground, have fantastic facilities .We need to take it too the next stage and a signing of Cambiasso, would certainly do that.

Cause with all due respect no one knows NAFF all about us!!!!!

I find it odd that threads are closed. It is as if it is decided that there is no longer any substance or reason to continue it, so it will be closed.

I can understand that if the threads were informative, or of high value discussion, but they are generally just inane drivel, full of comment not worthy of discussion and so I find it odd that someone genuinly decided that the drivel gauge has overflowed (after 130 pages).

Reading what is in these threads, surely they should be closed after about one page by the drivel monitor?

Hopefully this is the case, he had his chance, I think it's fair to assume him or his representatives have fucked us about, fair enough he wanted to see what was about, see if there were better deals but I want players that want to be here or show abit of enthusiasm.

Totally agree mate. If he really wanted to come he'd have been a City player for a while now. He might be a top player but do we really want to be any player's last resort?

I really hope West ham are kicking themselves - they insisted on him coming for a trial before they would make him an offer. He felt insulted by that, apparently.

Either that or he has something to hide . If I was going to pay a player £ 50,000 a week I would sure as hell want to see if he was fit enough and to have a trial, and if he declined I would tell him and his agent were to shove it. Fanni was made to have a fitness test and a trial and was found out. 

I don't care how big a reputation a player comes with  it's all about if he can still play to prem standards and be an asset to the side. What if he is unfit and can no longer do the business ? Surly at " £ 50,000 a week the least he could do is prove he is good enough for that money. West Ham are no mugs and if it's true he declined a trial then no wonder they never pursued their interest. 

Not wanting to put a dampener on this but it is pretty obvious we are the last resort for him , a kind of second best . Do we really need that sort of player to come into a side that has a great team ethic and want's to play for the club for all the right reasons ?

I have to admit the excitement has dulled down for me as Hammond was due to be released to make way for him. Hammond has showned he is more than worthy of his place in the squad, if Cambiasso signs today I hope he stays at the club and is not loaned out 

If you take the emotion of this being our club and the club we love and support out of this, then look at the bigger picture from his POV. There is nothing he (Or probably his agents) is doing that any one of us wouldn't do and I hazard a guess every other player wouldn't do.

Forget you are a LCFC fan for a moment and put yourself in his shoes. He has an offer from us and it's a big decision. We are a relatively unknown team to him that has just been promoted after 10 years in the Championship. He (And his agents) get other interest (wether that is by agents skullduggery is not the point, but it does leave a bitter taste). There is no way you wouldn't listen and consider ALL options, possibilities and offers before making what is a huge decision.

Forget the hype and hysteria this forum has created, take a step back and put yourself in is shoes. What would you do? This is not his boyhood club any one of us would die to play for, this is a gamble on his CV but, putting my supporter head back on for a sec, one I wish he would take. 

I have no doubt, he is weighing up all his options and will make what he feels is the best decision for him. It's nothing short of anything any one of us would do within our own employments should we get other offers/T&cs/Wages etc fro other companies.

This kind of thing probably happens with many transfers but the fact that it is being played out and discussed on OUR forum and with OUR team is whipping up such a frenzy that we are getting carried away with it. We are close to coming to slagging him off because of the emotion we feel for our club and wondering why he would not WANT to sign for us.

In my eyes, he's probably doing nothing but weighing up his options before committing. Not such a bad thing really, and very understandable.

If he comes, he comes, if he doesn't he doesn't. Not much difference in most transfers TBH.

I know he's not averse to throwing a curveball here and there but NPs post-match comments yesterday suggested that the deal is dead as they're moving on to 'plan B and even C'.

I absolutely dont expect him to sign now.

Totally agree with this. Pearson sounded desperate in the post match interview yesterday and it was certainly different to his normal cool I'm in control stance. I fear some panic signings and loans this week just to get some cover in because It seems possible that plans A, B and C have gone tits up.

I really am over this now.

If i'm honest he's going to have to be fucking amazing to win me over, Ok there may be reason's, maybe out of his control why this has took so long - even if he does sign this time, but i'm not being funny this whole saga could have been speeded up i'm sure, like I say it might not be entirely his fault but his representative have let's say tainted my opinion of him.

To me, and again I may be totally wrong in saying this but to me it seems he (Or his representatives) have been waiting for a bigger offer or club to come for him, at the end of the day though regardless of his representatives - if he really wanted to come here his decision would be final and he could have put his foot down.

It's like Pearson said the other day, the reason he doesn't like things being leaked is because it upset's other club, the player's themselves, and the fans form opinions one way or another, my opinion is this should have had it's conclusion atleast a week or 2 ago - and even then it had dragged on too long.

I feel we could have been focussing on other deals and getting other, more important matters sorted rather than chasing this dare I say it primadonna.

I tend to agree with a lot of this. The Mirror says he is coming to have "talks" with Leicester. What the hell has been going on for the best part of the last month?

At the back of my mind still lies the question, why does no other team seem to want him. It isn't as if he has a bad reputation. Also he's a pro footballer who doesn't appear to be bothered about a pre season etc etc so how fit is he?

Who knows if the West ham comments are true but it is starting to look like a case his agent saying Leicester City have said they would like to sign you. A reply of something along the lines of who the heck are they can't you find someone more glamorous and I really want to be in London if possible. Then no one else comes in with a serious offer so it is us or no contract.

The problem is not whether Cambiasso wants to come or not it's people believing what they read in newspapers, tweets and the internet in general. Take all rumours with a pinch of salt then you wont get pissed off if they drag on or come to nothing.

I'm surprised so many people still take it all in and get over excited before have any news of real substance.

If you take the emotion of this being our club and the club we love and support out of this, then look at the bigger picture from his POV. There is nothing he (Or probably his agents) is doing that any one of us wouldn't do and I hazard a guess every other player wouldn't do.

Forget you are a LCFC fan for a moment and put yourself in his shoes. He has an offer from us and it's a big decision. We are a relatively unknown team to him that has just been promoted after 10 years in the Championship. He (And his agents) get other interest (wether that is by agents skullduggery is not the point, but it does leave a bitter taste). There is no way you wouldn't listen and consider ALL options, possibilities and offers before making what is a huge decision.

Forget the hype and hysteria this forum has created, take a step back and put yourself in is shoes. What would you do? This is not his boyhood club any one of us would die to play for, this is a gamble on his CV but, putting my supporter head back on for a sec, one I wish he would take. 

I have no doubt, he is weighing up all his options and will make what he feels is the best decision for him. It's nothing short of anything any one of us would do within our own employments should we get other offers/T&cs/Wages etc fro other companies.

This kind of thing probably happens with many transfers but the fact that it is being played out and discussed on OUR forum and with OUR team is whipping up such a frenzy that we are getting carried away with it. We are close to coming to slagging him off because of the emotion we feel for our club and wondering why he would not WANT to sign for us.

In my eyes, he's probably doing nothing but weighing up his options before committing. Not such a bad thing really, and very understandable.

If he comes, he comes, if he doesn't he doesn't. Not much difference in most transfers TBH.

If it's true that he would not go for a trial at West Ham then despite him weighing up his options he still thinks he's above that sort of thing . With an attitude like that we can can do well without.

If it's true that he would not go for a trial at West Ham then despite him weighing up his options he still thinks he's above that sort of thing . With an attitude like that we can can do well without.

My Bold.

And if it's not true then he obviously doesn't have an "Attitude like that"

You linked that reply to my post? My post was about taking a step back and taking the emotion we, as LCFC fans feel, out of the equation of this transfer and dropping the hype and rumour surrounding it.

Not overly sure where your post correlates with mine to link it with yours?

Think people are being a tad anal. If you all were pro football players and was in the last seasons on your career you would also look for the best financial package availible and you wont be earning the type of money again.

It has been said you all get a bit to caught up in a transfer and expect someone to sign right then and there.

Granted when i saw us linked with him my arse tickled but aint something i have let affect me like it has with some of you lot who are just whining like lil bitches

The problem is not whether Cambiasso wants to come or not it's people believing what they read in newspapers, tweets and the internet in general. Take all rumours with a pinch of salt then you wont get pissed off if they drag on or come to nothing.

I'm surprised so many people still take it all in and get over excited before have any news of real substance.

The fact of the matter is we have been interested for a long period of time, we know that as fact, We were linked what seems months ago, Pearson has admitted this. Now yes the rumours over him having medical or signing on a certain date do seem to be BS and we have all (well a lot of people) being guilty of believing the BS we've been fed.

But my key question and issue is why and how is it taking this long, someone, somewhere is dragging their heels. There must be a reason, a stalling point as to why it's taking so long, and if there is any doubt in either party I'd rather not bother.

Think people are being a tad anal. If you all were pro football players and was in the last seasons on your career you would also look for the best financial package availible and you wont be earning the type of money again.

It has been said you all get a bit to caught up in a transfer and expect someone to sign right then and there.

Granted when i saw us linked with him my arse tickled but aint something i have let affect me like it has with some of you lot who are just whining like lil bitches

Correct I would be looking for the right financial package, if I were him I owe nothing to Leicester City, but as I've mention above my issue is the length of this saga, it's gone on too long, and I apologise for repeating myself from above but someone, somewhere is dragging their heels. There must be a reason, a stalling point as to why it's taking so long, and if there is any doubt in either party I'd rather not bother.

I'm all for patience and have told alot of City fans I know who have moaned about the lack of signings this summer to be patient a few times but this is taking the piss.

If he signs, then this will all be forgotten. We have the money and we have 36 games left. It doesn't matter how long it's taking in the grand scheme of things.

It only matters whether he can make a positive difference to our squad. If he does, nobody will care that he took an extra week to sign.

We lack experience at the highest level.

It's Esteban Cambiasso.

On a free transfer.

GTF came on in central midfield for us yesterday.

If he signs, then this will all be forgotten. We have the money and we have 36 games left. It doesn't matter how long it's taking in the grand scheme of things.

It only matters whether he can make a positive difference to our squad. If he does, nobody will care that he took an extra week to sign.

It's Esteban Cambiasso.

On a free transfer.

In-deeed. /Omar.

The amount of stupid that's been posted over this transfer by children with no patience has really been Foxes Talk at it's worst.

It's Esteban Cambiasso.

On a free transfer.

You've saved me a lot of typing.

The only positive I can have if this happens is Pearson and his staff rarely get a transfer wrong.

But I'm not happy the way it's been handled wherever the problem has been.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's partly us baulking at the agent/signing on fees they want. I'd imagine they're astronomical in comparison to anything this club has paid before (including Sven era). Perhaps something we're hoping to negotiate but realistically a necessary evil that will have to become a part of any plans to establish ourselves at this level?

Archived