Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

8 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I find one of the worst for this is Fosse Park island approaching from Narborough Road South. 

In general I hate Islands with three lanes. They're just unnecessarily confusing for people who are unfamiliar with them. You want the third exit, do you need to be in the left lane or the middle? Or even the right hand lane then filter left? It's especially tough when it's busy with traffic as you inevitably end up with cars trying to switch lanes and holding up the flow. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

Some girl was being cautious when overtaking a bike, which is fair enough, but some arse behind the girl decided to overtake the girl and the bike. I know it can be frustrating when people take their time but have a bit of patience; could caused a massive accident.

Happened to me twice today, drivers turning right off a road into a junction where I am approaching the exit and they cut across the give way/white line markings forcing me to brake (not break) to avoid them.

13 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Make that any cyclist or scooter that goes on the pavement. Bloody nuisance. 

You could move to rural Somerset. Pavements are optional and this time of the year are usually unusable because of overhanging vegetation. Everything has to go from one place to the next along the road

I don’t if this has already been said somewhere in this thread, but I hate it when a lorry overtakes another lorry and causes a bit of blockage on the motorway. And don’t get me started on when you get stuck behind this and have to wait for the lorry to slowly make its way beyond the other one. It should be outlawed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I don’t if this has already been said somewhere in this thread, but I hate it when a lorry overtakes another lorry and causes a bit of blockage on the motorway. And don’t get me started on when you get stuck behind this and have to wait for the lorry to slowly make its way beyond the other one. It should be outlawed.

Had that happen to me the other day. I was overtaking in the outside lane at 70 and a lorry decides to pull out to overtake the one in front of him making me hit the brakes. Then proceeds to overtake him at 58mph with the other lorry going about 57mph. Both limited to 60 obviously, but with full loads.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Had that happen to me the other day. I was overtaking in the outside lane at 70 and a lorry decides to pull out to overtake the one in front of him making me hit the brakes. Then proceeds to overtake him at 58mph with the other lorry going about 57mph. Both limited to 60 obviously, but with full loads.

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

The problem with outlawing such manoeuvres is that businesses would get their products at the pace of the slowest lorry.Every second counts.The average lorry driver is conditioned not to care about who they are holding up when over taking.

• Like 1

Was driving the missus’ car on the A46 tonight to have a tyre blow out at 70mph. Pretty hairy few moments but kept control enough to come to a stop on the grass verge. Got the missus out the car and calmed her down. Called the police and asked them to come close off the lane so I could safely change the tyre, and then remembered her car (Mini One) doesn’t have a spare.

Fortunately there’s a spare at home so called the BIL out (god bless him) with it to get us out the sh.t.

Weirdly though, I put out a warning triangle and not five minutes later a van pulled up right behind it (on the live lane). Turns out he’s broken down as well. The police officer (who was also great) seemed convinced we’d both had a bump and couldn’t believe we both had independent breakdowns in the exact same spot lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

Haha it’s infuriating isn’t it 

On 17/07/2021 at 19:38, Wymsey said:

E-scooter users who think they owe the pavement, by clicking their bell when just a few feet behind.

I had one nearly run into me the other week, whilst they were driving on the pavement. 

The bloke had the audacity to say it was my fault when I put my arms up to protect myself and he fell off. Apparently it was my fault and I should have jumped into the road. 

They should ban the bloody things from pavements. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I had one nearly run into me the other week, whilst they were driving on the pavement. 

The bloke had the audacity to say it was my fault when I put my arms up to protect myself and he fell off. Apparently it was my fault and I should have jumped into the road. 

They should ban the bloody things from pavements. 

They are banned from pavements and public roads, ie everywhere except private property, unfortunately with so few police about they get away with it most of the time. Infuriating. There was a huge clampdown on those minimotos years ago where they were widespread conviscated and destroyed, that pretty much eradicated the problem

2 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

They are banned from pavements and public roads, ie everywhere except private property, unfortunately with so few police about they get away with it most of the time. Infuriating. There was a huge clampdown on those minimotos years ago where they were widespread conviscated and destroyed, that pretty much eradicated the problem

E-scooters are legal to use in public areas outside. I was in Liverpool last Thursday and they're everywhere in the city, particularly the waterfront.

I think what you refer to are the petrol driven mini motorbikes that are banned.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

E-scooters are legal to use in public areas outside. I was in Liverpool last Thursday and they're everywhere in the city, particularly the waterfront.

I think what you refer to are the petrol driven mini motorbikes that are banned.

You're both right, privately owned ones are essentially illegal off your own property but for-hire ones are fine, apparently because of insurance shenanigans. 

• 2 weeks later...

First time I’d driving in an around London for a while today and I totally forgot how bad people are at driving on the motorways in that area, particularly the M25. It’s almost like people think that because there’s 5 lanes they can drive in whatever lane they want, at whatever speed they want; even if that’s 58 in the right hand lane. 

Edited by Ian Nacho
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

First time I’d driving in an around London for a while today and I totally forgot how bad people are at driving on the motorways in that area, particularly the M25. It’s almost like people think that because there’s 5 lanes they can drive in whatever lane they want, at whatever speed they want; even if that’s 58 in the right hand lane. 

Morons aren't they?

As someone who drives in the M1 everyday and uses the M42 and M69 a lot too, I can assure you it's not just a London problem.

Someone on the M1 earlier was in Lane 3 on a 4 lane stretch, probably no other vehicle, apart from me, within half a mile of them. They're sat there doing about 60.

Why? I undertook in Lane 1 and called him a wank*r lol

I'm aware undertaking isn't good, but I'm not going from lane 1 to lane 4, then back again, to overtake an absolute cretin who doesn't know how to drive.

• Like 2

Did a lot of deliveries out in the countryside today on the Leicestershire/Warwickshire border.

A lot of single track roads.

The bare faced cheek of so many cyclists, usually in groups is ridiculous. 

Literally riding 3 abreast and forcing me, in a van, on to a verge to avoid them.

Wasn't a 1 off, happened a fair few times.

Middle aged men in lycra. They should be ashamed of themselves for leaving the house looking like that.

• Like 2