Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

31 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Bloody Amazon drivers: tom27111

Not me, I've been off road for a week.

Agency is bloody useless, so I've had a free transfer to a different one!

Hopefully 2 weeks of nursery routes again, I'll be done in under 3 hours :)

Never been a fan of bus drivers but last week one reversed into my (parked) car!

Anybody on here experienced anything like this before? It caught the front of my car, has caused paint damage, I got out and had a word with the driver who didn't seem too interested. I phoned the bus place on Tuesday and they said they'd get back to me but they haven't (yet). I rang yesterday afternoon and again got nothing much from them. I explained it's on CCTV and I would try and obtain this if I don't hear back by Tuesday coming (as that's a week since).

I didn't want to have to start getting into it but CCTV is written over after a certain amount of time, plus, more importantly, I don't want the bus driver/company to deny it and then find out the CCTV has been written over..

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Never been a fan of bus drivers but last week one reversed into my (parked) car!

Anybody on here experienced anything like this before? It caught the front of my car, has caused paint damage, I got out and had a word with the driver who didn't seem too interested. I phoned the bus place on Tuesday and they said they'd get back to me but they haven't (yet). I rang yesterday afternoon and again got nothing much from them. I explained it's on CCTV and I would try and obtain this if I don't hear back by Tuesday coming (as that's a week since).

I didn't want to have to start getting into it but CCTV is written over after a certain amount of time, plus, more importantly, I don't want the bus driver/company to deny it and then find out the CCTV has been written over..

Get the CCTV.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Always wondered whether I'm in the right in the following situation, but whatever I do I seem to draw ire.

There is a queue/jam that is heading over a roundabout / crossing and I am coming up to a set of lights on green, there is space in front of me but not enough to clear the crossing. If I go, I will gain 20ft but block traffic coming from the left/right when the lights change. Generally, I will say to myself, I cant clear it (yellow box or no), I will wait at the lights until I can go all the way over. 

This seems to enrage the people behind me without fail, surely they know there is a queue, they've been sat in it the whole time. Is it not wiser to leave the junction unblocked? Last week a van driver behind me was apoplectic, horn, hand gestures, yelling, got out of the van, the whole works.

If I go, I get beeped at by the people who I am now blocking. Most people I observe just seem to think its every man/woman for themselves and seize the 20ft regardless. But what is correct?

What do you do?

Edited by MustardTiger

4 hours ago, MustardTiger said:

Always wondered whether I'm in the right in the following situation, but whatever I do I seem to draw ire.

There is a queue/jam that is heading over a roundabout / crossing and I am coming up to a set of lights on green, there is space in front of me but not enough to clear the crossing. If I go, I will gain 20ft but block traffic coming from the left/right when the lights change. Generally, I will say to myself, I cant clear it (yellow box or no), I will wait at the lights until I can go all the way over. 

This seems to enrage the people behind me without fail, surely they know there is a queue, they've been sat in it the whole time. Is it not wiser to leave the junction unblocked? Last week a van driver behind me was apoplectic, horn, hand gestures, yelling, got out of the van, the whole works.

If I go, I get beeped at by the people who I am now blocking. Most people I observe just seem to think its every man/woman for themselves and seize the 20ft regardless. But what is correct?

What do you do?

Not block it, and tell the van bloke he's a cvnt. The only time I'd say different is if it's one of those junctions where you have to move forward else you'd never get to go. 

5 hours ago, MustardTiger said:

What do you do?

I've looked on the Highway Code site and there seems to be no specific rule for junctions without a yellow box but it seems common sense and common courtesy to hold back until you have room to move ahead, plus you're preventing a hold up for traffic crossing from either side. 

Going back to my ambulance driving course, we were taught to leave space at such junctions for traffic that might need to cross your line of traffic. Also when I did my class 1, I was told to never move ahead unless there was a clear gap big enough to take the truck and trailer without blocking the junction. That really annoyed some people waiting behind my truck.

Anyone honking at you and gesturing is an ignorant, selfish driver or just generally a belligerent person in all situations.

I think you'd get more justified abuse if you blocked the traffic from either side of you.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

People following the exact same route I go in a car park. FFS.

Happened to me twice recently. Over 50 spaces, if not more, to choose from and people behind me follow the same sections I go.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

People following the exact same route I go in a car park. FFS.

Happened to me twice recently. Over 50 spaces, if not more, to choose from and people behind me follow the same sections I go.

That's the price of fame mate!! #TheyLoveYou 

• Haha 1

Knob on a motorbike who was leaving the Mill on the Soar, indicating right and then turning right from the exit. Fine.

I was exiting from the Stoney Stanton lane onto the B4114. I looked at least twice at him as he approached. At this point his left indicator was flashing so I thought he was intending to turn left into Stoney Stanton Lane so I started to pull out from the junction. Fortunately, I made a last minute visual check and realised the biker was actually about to go straight on and cross my path so I braked to avoid a collision. He also braked hard and skidded slightly.

We both stopped. He came to my car and accused me of various driving errors. I tried to point out to him that he was indicating a left turn, which he wouldn't accept. He then smacked my nearside door mirror, knocking it off before racing off on his bike. I checked my dashcam later and it's evident that his left indicator was flashing.

Unfortunately the dashcam didn't get his reg. Fortunately, I got the door mirror back in place quite simply.

13 hours ago, The Bear said:

Any fecker that doesn't indicate on roundabouts. Or any where else for that matter. 

My massive bug bear of driving. Winds me up no end. 

This.

I always loudly say in my own car "Good indicating, ****"

lol

• Like 3

Not quite on a road, but was sat in my car at asda earlier whilst my brother went in. Guy sorting the trollies had one roll away, into the side of my car. Little dent and paint chipped quite deep. He just laughed whilst half apologising and walked off. Bellend. I'd be more bothered if my car wasn't old and keyed down the other side anyway (like that when I bought it, noone hates me), but its still annoying.

23 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Not quite on a road, but was sat in my car at asda earlier whilst my brother went in. Guy sorting the trollies had one roll away, into the side of my car. Little dent and paint chipped quite deep. He just laughed whilst half apologising and walked off. Bellend. I'd be more bothered if my car wasn't old and keyed down the other side anyway (like that when I bought it, noone hates me), but its still annoying.

That's not acceptable IMHO

I'd have gone straight to the Manager and explain what happened. Adsa will be insured against this I'd imagine, so I'd get it fixed and send them the bill (and get the other side done at the same time and have Asda pay for that too)

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I'd have gone straight to the Manager and explain what happened. Tesco's will be insured against this I'd imagine, so I'd get it fixed and send them the bill (and get the other side done at the same time and have Tesco's pay for that too)

Can't see Tesco willing to get involved to be honest. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'd have gone straight to the Manager and explain what happened. Tesco's will be insured against this I'd imagine, so I'd get it fixed and send them the bill (and get the other side done at the same time and have Tesco's pay for that too)

Absolutely. Make a stink about it and they'll pay the repair bills. 

• Like 1

On 31/05/2021 at 08:06, The Bear said:

Any fecker that doesn't indicate on roundabouts. Or any where else for that matter. 

My massive bug bear of driving. Winds me up no end. 

Indicating at roundabouts saves a lot of time and traffic moves faster but people don't realise this. 

• Like 2

Serious question have they turned off the 40 mph average speed camera’s on the A50 between Markfield and Groby ? or was it let’s see if I can put some points on my licence day ? 

Not see so many just going for it down there as I have today. On the way in and out, is there something I’m not aware of ?

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Serious question have they turned off the 40 mph average speed camera’s on the A50 between Markfield and Groby ? or was it let’s see if I can put some points on my licence day ? 

Not see so many just going for it down there as I have today. On the way in and out, is there something I’m not aware of ?

Not worth the chance of paying out £60. Just drive within the limits. Or do you need to drive faster?

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Anyone got one of those dash cams? Any good?

I do, think mine cost £25/£30 and paid for fitting on top. 

This one, but I paid half that in a deal from Aldi I think. 

Never had to use something recorded so far, touch wood, but it's nice having it there that if I am in a shunt I've got a camera to save it being just my word vs theirs. 

• Like 1

I've had a dash cam fitted ever since a taxi was blocking the entrance to a car park picking up a fare, and reversed back into me without looking. He tried to claim off my insurance saying I ran into the back of him. 

Bought one that had front and rear cameras for about £100 and fitted it myself. They aren't hard to do unless they need a permanent live wiring (for collisions when parked and the ignition is off). 

They're well worth it for the peace of mind of having proof in case anything happens. 

• Like 2