Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I do, think mine cost £25/£30 and paid for fitting on top. 

This one, but I paid half that in a deal from Aldi I think. 

Never had to use something recorded so far, touch wood, but it's nice having it there that if I am in a shunt I've got a camera to save it being just my word vs theirs. 

Cheers mate, I’ll look into that one myself 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Just discovered this thread for the first time (I think).

Merge in turn this morning, car infront of me goes, car next to me goes, I go to go and the bloke in a white van ensures I get pushed outside onto oncoming parked cars. Gave him a little beep as I thought maybe he missed me (but I'm fairly certain he knew I was there and did it on purpose) and he just goes off on a rant lol I was in my work van so just laughed it off which starts to make him even angrier. I asked if he was having a bad day and was that gaining a second of lane space worth the aggro? As he turned off left I drove by laughing again and he was launching all sorts of swear words at me :D

Bloke was obviously having a bad week or something but it seemed to come out of nowhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Said it before, but I make no apologies for saying it again...

Morons on motorways, who have no concept of how motorways work.

Stay to the left, unless overtaking. Pretty simple really.

Even more infuriating when the road goes to 4 lanes and everyone stays in lane 3, just oblivious to the fact lane 2 exists and you can comfortably overtake HGV's without holding up everyone else.

Bring back hanging.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

We really need some regulations on headlights and angling. I drive a small car and get tired of every night drive being filled with xenon headlights blinding me. 

This has been a thing on here many times and most people say the same. It's dangerous and needs to be properly looked into. There is a website lobbying for changes:

Lightmare.org

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Even more infuriating when the road goes to 4 lanes and everyone stays in lane 3, just oblivious to the fact lane 2 exists and you can comfortably overtake HGV's without holding up everyone else.

Bring back hanging.

People really are monumentally stupid behind the wheel, especially on motorways.

You seem them cruising at 60 in lane 3 (of a 4 lane stretch) with nothing inside them.

I'm being sensible, in the empty inside lane, keeping left as requested, yet I'm meant to go out to lane 4 to overtake before moving back to the inside.

Often I'll just stay in the inside lane and hope I don't get in trouble.

Hanging's too good for the middle lane (and lane 3) morons lol

• Like 1

Other cyclists.  Specifically when you're stopped at a junction on a busy road and another, more entitled bike user goes around you, beyond the bicycle box, and sits right on the edge of the active lane.  Made even worse when you then have to negotiate your way around them once your light's green because they have a slower cruising speed. Just stop behind the cyclists already waiting you utter twats.

20 hours ago, Koke said:

How can people be driving for 15+ years and still can't do correct parallel parking in decent space? 

Agreed. There's a woman who lives just down from me who constantly leaves hers with the rear wheel a few inches up on the kerb but the front correctly on the road. 

Drives me mad every time I see it! 

On 27/06/2021 at 22:30, tom27111 said:

Said it before, but I make no apologies for saying it again...

Bring back hanging.

It's dual carriageways as well.

They look at you gone out after you've gotten up their arse and ended up having to undertake them. 

I don't know if it's stupidity, ignorance, or a bit of both. 

Must cause no end of accidents. Seems to be getting progressively worse, to the point that on the road I go down most days, the left lane actually acts as a more effective overtaking lane. I'm not even exaggerating, it's come full circle.

Whether or not it's people on their phones and they find it easier to cruise in a faster lane, not having to overtake? I don't know.

Absolutely does my head in, to the point I now make a point of letting every fvcker I see know how much of an idiot they are. Flashing, aggressive indicating both ways after undertaking, hands out of window pointing left, beeping. I've started to do it all.

Needs a national advertising campaign.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

It's dual carriageways as well.

They look at you gone out after you've gotten up their arse and ended up having to undertake them. 

I don't know if it's stupidity, ignorance, or a bit of both. 

Must cause no end of accidents. Seems to be getting progressively worse, to the point that on the road I go down most days, the left lane actually acts as a more effective overtaking lane. I'm not even exaggerating, it's come full circle.

Whether or not it's people on their phones and they find it easier to cruise in a faster lane, not having to overtake? I don't know.

Absolutely does my head in, to the point I now make a point of letting every fvcker I see know how much of an idiot they are. Flashing, aggressive indicating both ways after undertaking, hands out of window pointing left, beeping. I've started to do it all.

Needs a national advertising campaign.

Totally agree.

You'd think it would have got better now that learners have been allowed to drive on the motorway on the last few years.

Should be a compulsory part of the test.

Demonstrating you understand overtaking on dual carriageways and motorways.

Range Rover drivers are the worst for it. Specifically Evoque drivers.

Must be a complex thing.

Edited by tom27111

36 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

to the point that on the road I go down most days, the left lane actually acts as a more effective overtaking lane.

I used to find this a lot when I had to commute by motorway pre-covid.  Lots of people seem to think it's their privilege to use the middle or even right-hand lane so when it all congests a bit the patient left-hand drivers tend to find a bit more give while the self-absorbed drivers compete for the other 2 lanes.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Totally agree.

You'd think it would have got better now that learners have been allowed to drive on the motorway on the last few years.

Should be a compulsory part of the test.

Demonstrating you understand overtaking on dual carriageways and motorways.

Range Rover drivers are the worst for it. Specifically Evoque drivers.

Must be a complex thing.

I remember seeing some girl tweet moaning about someone getting too close in the outside lane 'even though' she was doing the speed limit.

That's not how it works and I think the misunderstanding lies somewhere within that sentiment.

If she was doing the speed limit, why not do the speed limit in a farther left lane? It's unlikely they'll have been travelling below the speed limit. And if they were, stay left, overtake when needed and repeat.

I hope my use of a female example isn't misunderstood, by the way. I think men are probably worse offenders if anything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I remember seeing some girl tweet moaning about someone getting too close in the outside lane 'even though' she was doing the speed limit.

That's not how it works and I think the misunderstanding lies somewhere within that sentiment.

If she was doing the speed limit, why not do the speed limit in a farther left lane? It's unlikely they'll have been travelling below the speed limit. And if they were, stay left, overtake when needed and repeat.

I hope my use of a female example isn't misunderstood, by the way. I think men are probably worse offenders if anything.

A lad I play cricket with has this idea that if he’s doing the speed limit he’s in the right whilst he’s holding everyone up in the outside lane with his cruise control set at 70.  Then starts flashing people who’ve nipped inside him to finally get past. He doesn’t accept he’s the problem.  

2 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

A lad I play cricket with has this idea that if he’s doing the speed limit he’s in the right whilst he’s holding everyone up in the outside lane with his cruise control set at 70.  Then starts flashing people who’ve nipped inside him to finally get past. He doesn’t accept he’s the problem.  

Your only option is to repeatedly beat him with a cricket bat next time you play.

Give him one from me :thumbup:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

They live among us

Nasty smash on Hinckley Road by the ring road roundabout last night.

Don't know who was at fault, but given a choice between the woman who was cut out of her Micra and has suffered potentially "life changing" injuries and the two blokes in the Golf R that tried to leave the scene, I could hazard a guess

Guest Bert Fill
On 29/06/2021 at 14:51, MonmoreStef said:

Without condoning his own rubbish driving, he’s only half of the problem here!

Guest Bert Fill
On 29/06/2021 at 13:44, Nod.E said:

Drivers who sit in outside lanes certainly are a nuisance!

I can think of something worse though - impatient t055ers who respond to someone’s poor driving by being downright dangerous with their flashing, undertaking, pointing, beeping…

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Nasty smash on Hinckley Road by the ring road roundabout last night.

Don't know who was at fault, but given a choice between the woman who was cut out of her Micra and has suffered potentially "life changing" injuries and the two blokes in the Golf R that tried to leave the scene, I could hazard a guess

1 hour ago, Bert Fill said:

Drivers who sit in outside lanes certainly are a nuisance!

I can think of something worse though - impatient t055ers who respond to someone’s poor driving by being downright dangerous with their flashing, undertaking, pointing, beeping…

No excuse for aggressive driving which can result in what Bellend Sebastian saw.

It seems to me that sometimes, people take out their daily frustrations of life on other drivers.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

No excuse for aggressive driving which can result in what Bellend Sebastian saw.

It seems to me that sometimes, people take out their daily frustrations of life on other drivers.

Mercifully I didn't actually see it, but I drove past the site later and you can see skid marks where a car presumably left the road.

Just came past two separate crashes on M69, the weather's really not helping. Be careful out there, folks