Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

The amount of rubbish on the verges of motorways and dual carriageways. Driving along the A46 towards the M1 and it appears the verges have been trimmed back and in doing so has revealed a staggering variety and amount of waste. Among other stuff, I saw 2 plastic crates and the back of a sofa. it's just dreadfully saddening to see and to think people care so little about doing it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Parafox said:

The amount of rubbish on the verges of motorways and dual carriageways. Driving along the A46 towards the M1 and it appears the verges have been trimmed back and in doing so has revealed a staggering variety and amount of waste. Among other stuff, I saw 2 plastic crates and the back of a sofa. it's just dreadfully saddening to see and to think people care so little about doing it. 

The amount of litter around our Country is disgusting. 

On 07/02/2021 at 13:30, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Very annoyed yesterday by the complete dick on the A47 who kept going into the right hand crawler lane despite there being only him and myself behind him on the road thus stopping me from overtaking him.

Would have overtaken him in the original lane. And beeped. And flicked the vs.

Talking of which... RANT TIME.

Last Saturday on the a50 going past county hall roundabout. Heading towards a46 junction. 

I am in the central lane (ie right hand side of the two lanes).

Road is empty apart from me (yes I should move over but I've spotted a car about to exit the petrol station). 

This car pulls out of the petrol station and immediately goes into my lane. 

With regards to how far away I am, I am about at the entrance of the petrol station when they commence the manouvre. So the length of the station is the distance.

They dont even try to pick up speed. They are crawling.

I have to take evasive action -brake and then change lanes when it became apparent they were not even accelerating.

Are people that stupid?

Its a straight road, visibility excellent, evening and dark so my headlights would have been visible (yes they were on).

There is no immediate junction/requirement for them to move to that lane.

• 3 weeks later...

Driving up the A6 towards Loughborough and as I go round the roundabout at Granite Way some idiot in a focus is attempting to reverse back onto the roundabout. Luckily I wasn't a few seconds later or he'd have been on the roundabout. Just drive down the road a turn round somewhere safe if you've taken the wrong turn :facepalm:

Edited by Facecloth

more 'off roads'... but there is some vacant space behind our place and someone has decided its the ideal spot to zoom back and forth on a very loud off road bike.

I dont want to call the cops because i dont want it to be a criminal thing, there are enough problems between police etc.

but, its dangerous and very very annoying.

• 1 month later...

Yet again having to brake hard to avoid a car turning right out of a left turn only exit from McDonalds in Hinckley. It happen so often. Lazy ****ers only have to drive 300 metres to the roundabout to go back up the road 

On 27/02/2021 at 07:20, shailen said:

I never understand how tyres end up near the central reservation on motorways. Surely a hazard for drivers travelling at 70mph. 

If it's truck tyres you are referring to, they strip the tread and it separates from the body of the tyre as many truck tyres are re-grooved to the point where they no longer have anything left to re-groove and the tyre breaks away and gets deposited on the road and generally rolls onto the verges or central reservation or simply remains on the carriageway which can be a cause of collisions but, more usually, tailbacks as drivers slow or stop. Don't forget the tyre is most likely to be rolling away at speed in the same direction of travel as the following traffic.

That's what I was told when I did my emergency motorway driving course (quite a few years ago TBF).

Now we have the Highways agency patrols, they can be on the scene fairly quickly and get the debris removed.

• Thanks 1

On 27/02/2021 at 01:19, UniFox21 said:

Someone going around a roundabout the wrong way today. Bloody terrifying to witness that 

That is what my Uncle failed his first test for lol

• Haha 4

Someone going around a roundabout the wrong way today. Bloody terrifying to witness that 

I witnessed someone driving the wrong way on the M1 today. Between junction 16 and 17, Southbound.

Well, Northbound if you were the **** in the Golf lol

How is it even possible?

How can you fvck up that bad that you end up the wrong way on a motorway? 

13 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I witnessed someone driving the wrong way on the M1 today. Between junction 16 and 17, Southbound.

Well, Northbound if you were the **** in the Golf lol

How is it even possible?

How can you fvck up that bad that you end up the wrong way on a motorway? 

Genuinely no clue how you manage it, I was in pure disbelief that someone could be that stupid. But people genuinely continue to amaze me 

• Like 1

I must admit I was going to put this in the Absolute C***s of our time thread, until I read about the victim's family's admirable sympathy for the driver and their apparently genuine remorse. Struck a chord with me as it's very close to where I live and pretty much outside the school my kids and those of most of my friends go to.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/speeding-mercedes-driver-causes-death-5251978

A timely reminder of what can go wrong when you drive in a way that a lot of people think is fine but is actually driving like a twat

Saw a very very old person do this near to Tescos in Beaumont Leys a few weeks ago. Wrong way around the roundabout and then exited into oncoming traffic (my lane).

He looked very very confused and given how old he looked (80 + ) he probably shouldn't be driving. 

Can't remember if I put it on here, but I saw someone reversing on to the roundabout on the A6 from Granite Way a while back. Madness reversing onto a roundabout, even more so on a fast A road where people don't often stop at the island as stuff rarely comes from the right and you can see clearly from a long way back when it is.

1 hour ago, adam1 said:

Saw a very very old person do this near to Tescos in Beaumont Leys a few weeks ago. Wrong way around the roundabout and then exited into oncoming traffic (my lane).

He looked very very confused and given how old he looked (80 + ) he probably shouldn't be driving. 

My Grandad is 80 this year and I don't think he's been made to have any type of test or examination to see if he's still fine to drive. He's a decent driver, but many aren't and are a huge risk. 

40 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Can't remember if I put it on here, but I saw someone reversing on to the roundabout on the A6 from Granite Way a while back. Madness reversing onto a roundabout, even more so on a fast A road where people don't often stop at the island as stuff rarely comes from the right and you can see clearly from a long way back when it is.

That is bloody terrifying. It's one thing you can never fully be prepared for, w person doing something absolutely ridiculous

53 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

My Grandad is 80 this year and I don't think he's been made to have any type of test or examination to see if he's still fine to drive. He's a decent driver, but many aren't and are a huge risk. 

Its unfortunate as many rely on cars etc to get around / shops.

Bigger problems in years ahead with new build estates where you need a car (cheap but so called "car tax") as there are no local amenities.

Idiots on country roads that can’t manage to stay on their own side!

Nearly ditched my car yesterday because a van didn’t take a corner properly, ended up with about a quarter of his van on my side of the road and just kept driving without even trying to get back over

12 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I remember a discussion about this on the radio many year’s ago.Apparently you would need to at least double the amount of driving instructors.Then there’s the politics of it all etc.

7 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

I remember a discussion about this on the radio many year’s ago.Apparently you would need to at least double the amount of driving instructors.Then there’s the politics of it all etc.

I can't argue that it would be a logistical nightmare, but something needs to be in place. 

On 07/04/2021 at 11:30, moore_94 said:

Idiots on country roads that can’t manage to stay on their own side!

Nearly ditched my car yesterday because a van didn’t take a corner properly, ended up with about a quarter of his van on my side of the road and just kept driving without even trying to get back over

Bloody Amazon drivers: tom27111

• Haha 1