Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Swansea v Leicester City match thread

That's about as bad as it gets in the Premiership. Watching with my missus who knows f all about football and even she can see we are shit.

Said after the Palace game that McArthur looked like the midfielder who was playing the most football. Drinkwater just hasn't made the step up yet, Hammond seems incapable of passing the ball out of defence.

Nugent isn't the problem at all.

No offence but this is absolute bollocks.

Drinkwater has more often than not looked well up to this level. As did most of our players until the Palace game.

Bringing McArthur in would have made fvck all difference to our season so far. AT the moment Pearson is making what is mostly a good bunch of players look like absolute dog turd, and it's all because of dreadful tactics.

Again, devastated. It's all self-inflicted.

Relax, we still have another half to play.

People are getting carried away with high expectations due to us beating a poor Man U side.

It was never going to be that easy in the Premiership, we have a half decent team, and average manager so we are sure to lose a few.

Drink Beer, Kiss Women and enjoy the Ride.

Can't believe I'm missing el Classico for this.

Something needs to change up front. There's no real understanding between Ulloa, Nuge and Vardy.

Get King on to keep the ball better. Ulloa off and put Vardy up top.

Someone needs to sit on Shelvey he is running the game.

Either Swansea are closing down fantastically or our movement is pants

Because the simple passes are going straight to them. We lack the basics atm. Keep the ball. Our players can't get forward when they think we will give away possession 2 passes later

Like I've said, Pearson did such a good job cracking down on the euphoria of the 5-3 Utd win that he appears to have crushed the life and confidence out of the team. We are struggling to even put two good passes together.

No support for Ulloa, Marhrez lightweight, RDL holding his own, just. A lack of ideas. Drinkwater done nothing.

We need to attack. Have some god damned ambition. We clearly can't keep it tight so we might as well have a go. Doubt we can though.

On the plus side I think De Laet has done quite well.

Are you blind? He's given the ball away at least 5 times. Been turned several times. Just because he's made a couple of blocks and tackles does not mean he's played well.

He's not the only one though. Mahrez and Drinkwater have both given the ball away, and we've resorted to lumping it forward again when Ulloa is dropping deep to try and get in to the game. Nugent's done nothing. Bring Nuge off, get King on and get him going forward.

We're not doing great now.

Of course not, but when do we decide that we're being beaten by a better side? Or are we supposed to be winning every game?

I'm as annoyed as anyone with how we've played but let's be realistic, we're not going to dominate teams especially away from home.

Erm, yes we were Babs. Hence why Vardy is playing as an actual winger, not a wide forward, Ulloa is up all on his own, the tempo has dropped astonishing levels since the first few games, and we are trying our best not tto pass it forward.

I can't believe some people can't see something that is so obvious. We have become so negative and slow in possession, THAT is why we can't pass the ball properly, especially against a quick, pressing side like Swansea.

I know you'll always defend Pearson if he's getting stick but he is massively to blame for how bad we are playing.

And the reason Vardy has to keep dropping back and the reason Ulloa gets isolated is because we keep needlessly losing the ball.

If we don't have the ball what do you expect them to do just stand in Swanseas half and wait for the others to chase the ball?

It's fairly simple, if you don't have the ball you will end up defending. Doesn't matter what formation or players you have on the pitch.

We're not able to keep the ball in any position on the pitch, so we aren't going to look positive as we can't build any attacks or get players into positive positions.

Pearson deserves criticism as his constant chopping and changing of styles and players is not going to help. It reminds me of our bad run a couple of seasons back.

But the players need to take some blame as well because a pro should be able to pass the ball in a straight line 5/6 ft.

Archived