Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UncleGus

Singing through a minutes silence?

I thought your ground was great and on the whole a great atmosphere....We have been to Chelsea, that was like a graveyard....Liverpool, what a dump £50 to sit behind a post...Man Utd, so quiet from Man U fans it was unbelievable but I tell you all Leicester fans, Arsenal, if you only go to one away match all season go there, the facilities are fantastic and a ground like it should be....Ohh and as for Stoke, don't bother, worst ground in the Prem.

Yep, liked Leicester, last time was when it was Filbert Street (Still trying to work out where that was from the new ground) and there was 2 feet of water at our feet !

A fair amount of the Kop joined in with the clapping, before anyone thinks the ground universally booed the minute's applause.

And Boing Boing, your fans have never booed your team off and no one leaves early at the Hawthorns?

NEVER....Honest....well maybe on the odd occasion ! 

Reading into this, my thoughts on the 2 x issues are as follows:

1. The minutes silence was very very good. Apart from the first few seconds, i thought it was observed emmaculately. I think the noise at the start was just because it seemed to start very quick and not everyone was ready....

2. The clapping for Astle, i just simply dont believe that everyone was aware. I go to all games with my dad and he didnt know.... I remembered as soon as it started so i joined in as did a fair few others but alot didnt and probably still dont know!

so is this west brom fan trying to claim ignorance to Remembrance Day minutes silences claiming nobody in the away end knew that minutes silences have happened at football grounds for this before, but expects 31,800 people to be fully aware that we should stand up and clap in the 9th (10th) minute for some guy who used to play for west brom?!

boing boing speaks more sense than some of our lot...cant we just leave it now?

What happened has been posted numerous times we forever go round in circles on this fooking forum

Blown out of proporation I was waiting for this thread. Amazing how people yell ''SHATTUP YA TWATS'' etc etc during the last post are just as bad. Too thick to realise that though.

This is exactly the reason why these "silences" get disrupted. The vast, vast majority of supporters will always respect them but it only takes one twat to ruin it, which is then compounded by many more well intentioned, but nevertheless equally twatty twats shouting at them to "shut up" which encourages more idiots to tell them to shut up.

I had one chap behind me groan and shout ''SHURRUP YOU BELLENDS'' to the WBA fans then one chap on the row below me told the lcfc fan to ''SHURRUP'' and there you go. Took 10 seconds for everyone to ''SHURRUP'' all as bad as each other. LCFC fans to blame as much as away fans I'm afraid whether you like it or not

I had one chap behind me groan and shout ''SHURRUP YOU BELLENDS'' to the WBA fans then one chap on the row below me told the lcfc fan to ''SHURRUP'' and there you go. Took 10 seconds for everyone to ''SHURRUP'' all as bad as each other. LCFC fans to blame as much as away fans I'm afraid whether you like it or not

The guy behind me (who I have never seen before) shouted 'shut up you Brummie b*stards' at the top of his voice. Brainless.

• 2 months later...

On the same subject, disappointing to see LCFC fans disrespect the Geordies applause for the two Newcastle fans who perished.

We can't have it both ways, we're just as bad.

When the **** did that even happen? Hope it wasn't when you were sneaking in for free pal.

They were applauding in the 18th minute so I assumed it was for Jonás Gutiérrez who plays number 18 and has been treated for cancer for the last year - but saying that, I had no idea it was going to happen and I suspect most of the stadium (other than Newcastle fans) did either.

A bit different from an announced minute's silence before the game I think, where there is no mistaking what is going on.

Edit - I see that I'm wrong and it was for the 2 Newcastle fans on MH17, which just goes to show that a lot would not have known it was going to happen.

On the same subject, disappointing to see LCFC fans disrespect the Geordies applause for the two Newcastle fans who perished.

How did we disrespect them?

If you went to the away game in October you should know we respected and applauded for the two Newcastle fans immaculately.

That booing noise wasn't our fans it was from the Geordies presumably part of a chant that sounded like a boo during the applause.

Well that's the first I've heard of that, considering the fact I regularly read this place and other sites where you'd expect to hear of that sort of thing, so lets not pretend it was wel publicised.

I do agree that our fans often have no right to take the moral highground though. We've sung some pretty low stuff. Happens though.

Oh, those geordies were absolute chodes.

First thing they sang at kick off - "Here, there, every f**kingwhere, empty seats" - completely ignoring the almost 1000 seats of their allocation that they failed to sell.

They were giving it the big 'un from the get go and abusing kids and families in the family stand - even a few projectiles thrown our way. Stewards did nowt, but singling out the 90's shellsuit-chav throwback with a "squirrel on his head" who thought he was hard for threatening to attack my 17-year old brother, and pretty much anyone who looked his way, was a laugh.

Honestly, I and many others on the edge of the family stand that day weren't going to give those mouthbreathers any respect. We'd not heard about the campaign, and I'll confess I booed. I wouldn't have done if I'd had some sort of information - any at all - from them on what it was about, but to roundly abuse kids and families and then expect them to "show respect" for your poorly-advertised circlejerk beggars belief. No regrets, the Geordies can do one.

1-0. :trumpet:

EDIT: Oh, and I've not even got into them booing their players and caretaker manager when their team most needed a boost. Small time to the max. I know Ashley is a controversial owner and all, but jesus christ, the atmosphere at that club is poison. Makes me appreciate our owners, and the majority of our fans, sticking by Pearson through tough spells even more.

"We're sh*t and we're sick of it" - you're in the top half, you absolute ******! Shortly followed by the surrounding LCFC fans singing "One Alan Pardew".

Archived