Manwell Pablo Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 Sadly too many of our players are poor kickers of the ball. The best place to learn how to kick a ball is in a Box or against a Wall. The Ball comes back at you so quickly that you quickly learn how to deal with it. Then going on to putting targets on the wall for accuracy shooting , Chipping etc. Then changing over to the weaker foot and so on. I'd make the players particularly the forwards do 30 minutes a day in the box. fkin spiders.
shailen Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 Really are clutching at straws. I blame the man who cuts the oranges at half time for our poor form
Strokes Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 Who is the diving header coach? We haven't had enough diving header action...........says it all. Happy new year.
Stadt Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 The coach that deals with finishing can't really improve things like composure, because that's down to the player. I don't think you can coach composure into Schlupp.
Deucalion Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 I doubt very much it has anything to do with Phillips. But, to give it a little credence, if there was anything in it, and I'm not saying I think there is, it could be that most players with a shot on goal are not like Kevin Phillips. He was a natural goal scorer, he probably didn't have to put much thought into it, he just hit a ball and it would go into the net. Therefore any advice he gives to non-natural goal scorers might not address the issues they face, because he has never faced them. This is probably a complete load of tosh though, I just couldn't help giving it some thought. ps - I like Kevin Phillips.
Fox92 Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 You'd think not considering we have missed a few chances. But I've always felt our shooting in training (before a game) is just standard. He throws/passes it to our player, the ball's there right in front of goal on the strikers favoured foot. Chances of that happening during a game are pretty slim. Then I saw Tottenham's warm up on boxing day, and they did it different where the player had to turn and beat a defender. Something different. Could be different in training, mind, and I hope it is.
RowlattsFox Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 Kevin Phillips is a coach, not just a strikers coach. Although given his experience he can be a mentor to them. Only so much much he can do though.
Deucalion Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 You'd think not considering we have missed a few chances. But I've always felt our shooting in training (before a game) is just standard. He throws/passes it to our player, the ball's there right in front of goal on the strikers favoured foot. Chances of that happening during a game are pretty slim. Then I saw Tottenham's warm up on boxing day, and they did it different where the player had to turn and beat a defender. Something different. Could be different in training, mind, and I hope it is. Remember that open training session a few seasons back? Well, Pearson took the striking training and the goalkeeper training (Same thing pretty much) and both sets of players were put in an uncomfortable position by the training, such as balls thrown behind strikers and keepers having to have their backs turned until they heard the ball kicked. The training before a game is probably more of a warm up and confidence booster maybe?
Clever Fox Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 You can trivialize it all you like, but a very famous english man by the name of Allen Wade wrote the first book on Coaching., He said in his opening comments if you cannot kick a Ball you cannot play football. Now his comment might sound simplistic but if you think about it what he was really saying was if you cannot kick the Ball properly your unlikely to be very successful. While all our players can play their lacking that finesse that Hoddle, Beckham even Fabragas today has in just simply kicking the Ball. Nothing to do with how they play the game. My point is that kicking is a skill that everyone can master with practice. Look how easy Cambiaso makes it look with his passing short and long. Look also at the deftness Mahrez shot into the Goal yesterday. A touch of class. Now if some of our other players worked just on their kicking their game would improve immensely. With the end result being more goals and mor points.
gazfox9 Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 Well, like Vincent Tan did last season, I'm gonna lay the blame with Schmeichel and Hamer ........... Neither of them have scored yet this season.
st albans fox Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 Do we still use kinch? I never liked the colour of their coaches.
Blue Ed Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 He needs to work on their celebrations when they do score..I've not seen one knee slide and the only pile on was cambo's goal against Man U
BigMicky Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 You can trivialize it all you like, but a very famous english man by the name of Allen Wade wrote the first book on Coaching., He said in his opening comments if you cannot kick a Ball you cannot play football. Now his comment might sound simplistic but if you think about it what he was really saying was if you cannot kick the Ball properly your unlikely to be very successful. While all our players can play their lacking that finesse that Hoddle, Beckham even Fabragas today has in just simply kicking the Ball. Nothing to do with how they play the game. My point is that kicking is a skill that everyone can master with practice. Look how easy Cambiaso makes it look with his passing short and long. Look also at the deftness Mahrez shot into the Goal yesterday. A touch of class. Now if some of our other players worked just on their kicking their game would improve immensely. With the end result being more goals and mor points. Do you honestly believe that premier league players don't practice "kicking" often??? Blimey.
StanSP Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 I like how Clever Fox capitalises some words in the middle of a sentence. Ball. Goal. Coaching.
Danizen Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 He needs to work on their celebrations when they do score..I've not seen one knee slide and the only pile on was cambo's goal against Man U
DANGEROUS TIGER Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 We need a coach that is big enough to carry all those players, who aren't Premiership material, as far away as possible.
Clever Fox Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 Do you honestly believe that premier league players don't practice "kicking" often??? Blimey. I't's generally accepted that they are all good kickers of the Ball when clearly that isn't the case. It's nothing to do with KP either, He's mainly a strikers coach working on movement and positioning. There's only one prem club to my knowledge that has a Box and that's Liverpool who we play on Thursday. They haven't done too badly over the years. It's not really about shooting persay, it's more about developing first touch, timing, control of the Ball. Improved shooting comes as an end product. We've all seen how bad our first touch and shooting has been this season. If it hadn't been so bad we wouldn't be bottom of the league. Football at this level is all about small margins, anything that gives you an edge is a bonus. Anybody can be taught how to control and kick a ball better It doesn't mean they can go on to be footballers. you need a footballing brain for that.
VLC86 Posted 29 December 2014 Posted 29 December 2014 I't's generally accepted that they are all good kickers of the Ball when clearly that isn't the case. It's nothing to do with KP either, He's mainly a strikers coach working on movement and positioning. There's only one prem club to my knowledge that has a Box and that's Liverpool who we play on Thursday. They haven't done too badly over the years. It's not really about shooting persay, it's more about developing first touch, timing, control of the Ball. Improved shooting comes as an end product. We've all seen how bad our first touch and shooting has been this season. If it hadn't been so bad we wouldn't be bottom of the league. Football at this level is all about small margins, anything that gives you an edge is a bonus. Anybody can be taught how to control and kick a ball better It doesn't mean they can go on to be footballers. you need a footballing brain for that. So, in short this whole thread is a huge contradiction.
Clever Fox Posted 30 December 2014 Posted 30 December 2014 In terms of KP yes.As to whether his Coaching is effective we don't know, simply because we haven't been in the opposition's penalty area often or for long enough.
Parafox Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 I suggest the coach driver needs a coach. I used to spend hours playing with myself against a wall but I never made it to the professional level.
dayday Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 I suggest the coach driver needs a coach. I used to spend hours playing with myself against a wall but I never made it to the professional level. Bloody hell I bet you're wrists ache.
Jace Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 I suggest the coach driver needs a coach. I used to spend hours playing with myself against a wall but I never made it to the professional level. Amazing thanks for letting us know about something as personal as playing with yourself against a wall. Don't hold back we are all friends here.
ecky0306 Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 As the shooting coach is he accomplishing anything. I honestly don't think so. Nearly all the shots on goal have not been on goal. That is a real problem. Wayward shooting is keeping us out of games. Mistakes are our most common problem but terrible shooting is a close behind. To be honest some of the shots coming out of midfield has been atrocious. Yes great strike from Mahrez.today But the shots from most of the previous games is shocking. I think the players need to learn how to breath and compose themselves just before shooting. Some of the howlers from Schlupp, Nugent, Drinkwater, James etc.have cost us dearly. Two sitters by James come into mind a month or so ago. Could have gotten us something out of that game. In the new year I think the owners should ask for questions regarding the shooting and drefensive coaching. Is this just looking for a new scapegoat? Please chime in and Happy New Year to you all.
ecky0306 Posted 31 December 2014 Posted 31 December 2014 I don't think shooting is the problem wes Morgan and konchesky cost us a lot of goals this season there clearly not good enough for premier league
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.