Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nice one. I was looking at doing a different route to the Inca Trail, Salkanay I think it was called as you get to see more wild life and it’s not as busy apparently.

Id go to Cusco and stay in Lima for a bit as well I recon. Looks great. What time of year did you go?

I did Huchuy qosqo (maybe incorrectly spelt) trek, 3 days and 2 nights. Couldn't get a permit for the inca trail. Many times we were alone on the trail, and saw loads of wildlife. Again because it is not such a popular trek, we had a guide to ourselves for the whole time. Went in the first two weeks of September, temperature was mild. I would highly recommend getting the bus as transport around the country. 'Business' class was c.$10 for trips lasting 10+ hours, and so comfortable and spacious. 

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I did Huchuy qosqo (maybe incorrectly spelt) trek, 3 days and 2 nights. Couldn't get a permit for the inca trail. Many times we were alone on the trail, and saw loads of wildlife. Again because it is not such a popular trek, we had a guide to ourselves for the whole time. Went in the first two weeks of September, temperature was mild. I would highly recommend getting the bus as transport around the country. 'Business' class was c.$10 for trips lasting 10+ hours, and so comfortable and spacious. 

Thanks mate, all depends on when the other half is off as to where we go but this is high on the list.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Just to Wet peoples apetite,for a Good trek.......but getting busy every year...Just no more secrets...

Glad I was Trekking 20-45 years ago...no permits,no daily costs,or Entrance fees....mind you I am old Now in body....!

Best way to Beat the Crowds and tourist-paks...go just before the Weather season breaks,or just After the end  season Weather breaks....

And if you have any....take The kids...!!! Balance the heights, trek the canyons,paddle the shallows and Kletter the steepest paths...Never forget,its easy to go up,

Coming down is the challenge....and when you can spend Time with Any local,who just wants  to Share time....:) Tips und Information is the Real currency...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Just to Wet peoples apetite,for a Good trek.......but getting busy every year...Just no more secrets...

Glad I was Trekking 20-45 years ago...no permits,no daily costs,or Entrance fees....mind you I am old Now in body....!

Best way to Beat the Crowds and tourist-paks...go just before the Weather season breaks,or just After the end  season Weather breaks....

And if you have any....take The kids...!!! Balance the heights, trek the canyons,paddle the shallows and Kletter the steepest paths...Never forget,its easy to go up,

Coming down is the challenge....and when you can spend Time with Any local,who just wants  to Share time....:) Tips und Information is the Real currency...

That’s one of the YouTube videos I watched lol

Can recommend Lille for anyone looking for a decent long weekend. Lots of good bars and a pretty picturesque city in parts. 40 minute drive up to Ypres - went to Tyne Cot and Passchendaele, WW1 trenches at Sanctuary Wood, Last Post at the Menin Gate. Got back this morning in time for work as it’s only 1 hour 20 on Eurostar. 

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has tasked me with booking our next holiday. She's only given me 2 conditions:

1. She wants to be on holiday for her next birthday

2. As it's her 30th birthday, she wants to spend it in 30°C

The problem with that is her birthday is in November! Nowhere in Europe will be 30°C in November. Has anyone got any reasonably priced recommendations for 30°C in November?

3 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

My wife has tasked me with booking our next holiday. She's only given me 2 conditions:

The problem with that is her birthday is in November! Nowhere in Europe will be 30°C in November. Has anyone got any reasonably priced recommendations for 30°C in November?

How much do you roughly want to spend per person?

3 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Probably somewhere in the region of £12-1500 per person, don't really want to be spending more than £3k for the whole thing

I’d say Mauritius at that time of year, stunning island with loads to do and that should be within that price range. I went to Maritim resort and spa and that was brilliant.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’d say Mauritius at that time of year, stunning island with loads to do and that should be within that price range. I went to Maritim resort and spa and that was brilliant.

Good shout. One of my bucket list destinations too!

6 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

I think Jamaica fits the criteria. I went several years ago in late October, and it was lovely.  I don't know how expensive it is to travel there from the UK, but flights from the US to Jamaica are quite cheap. 

6 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Thailand.

7 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Mexico? 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know any decent travel agents or airlines for New Zealand ? 

looking at Cheapish (I know don’t laugh) flights across and a camper van hire. Have a very good mate who lives over there to stay with for a few days but will travel around otherwise 

going around late October November time (their late spring early summer time) 

5 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

looking at Cheapish (I know don’t laugh) flights across and a camper van hire. Have a very good mate who lives over there to stay with for a few days but will travel around otherwise 

Emirates or Singapore airlines would be my first port of call

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I signed up for something called Jack's Flight Club which basically just email you random cheap flights every week. Last week it was Aukland £450 return with an airline called China Southern. Dont know anything about them but they use those new dreamliners for the flight so might be decent. Its expired now but might be an airline worth keeping an eye on as that seemed quite cheap to me.

Usually for cheap flights I just look on skyscanner.net - often get some good prices.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I’ve flown to New Zealand numerous times and have always gone with Emirates, they’re by far the best. 
I wouldn’t say they’re exactly cheap, I’ve never paid less that £900 return but you don’t want to go too cheap because it’s a long way to be on a cramped flight with poor service. 

It’s the small touches with Emirates that made the difference for me, plus I can’t remember if anyone else does it but I remember Emirates having WiFi which I always found great when flying alone. 

I’ve used Qantas too, they’re okay for what you get price wise, spacious enough and clean. The food was lacking slightly compared to Emirates but that’s my person opinion. 

Not sure if there will be options for flights with Air New Zealand but they’re brilliant too. I don’t think their flights come as far as this country though but if you see any options they’re worth going with. 

• Thanks 1

On 17/12/2019 at 13:14, TiffToff88 said:

Probably somewhere in the region of £12-1500 per person, don't really want to be spending more than £3k for the whole thing

On 17/12/2019 at 13:18, Costock_Fox said:

Stayed there for our honeymoon. Can confirm that it is brilliant!!! 

• Like 1