Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Off to Holland tonight for the week, we will be based at a Eurocamp site near the coast just north of the Hague. We need some suggestions of things to do in the rain looking at the forecast for the week, hopefully without breaking the bank with 2 teenagers in tow. 

Apart from a visit to Anne Frank's house we don't really have any plans so any suggestions welcome 

5 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Off to Holland tonight for the week, we will be based at a Eurocamp site near the coast just north of the Hague. We need some suggestions of things to do in the rain looking at the forecast for the week, hopefully without breaking the bank with 2 teenagers in tow. 

Apart from a visit to Anne Frank's house we don't really have any plans so any suggestions welcome 

Duinrell?

Efteling is a great theme park.

Edited by twoleftfeet

On 09/10/2019 at 09:43, Bayfox said:

Anyone got any advice for booking a twin centre in Florida, want to do 1 week at the parks then a week on the coast. Clearwater etc.

The package companies are well expensive then still got park tickets on top.

Anyone got any experience of using decent websites for booking villas direct, best car hire companies and any tips on flights, is it cheaper to go via Europe etc.

Any tips appreciated. Was expecting it too be expensive but 8 grand for 2 weeks holiday when you are essentially self catering is steep.

Can recommend the website thedibb great forum for info.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes Duinrell 😊 We've been a couple of times before, just in better weather! We absolutely love it, but we've never needed to venture much further than Wassenaar 

We have been a few times too like you never ventured that far from the park except Efteling.

On 04/10/2019 at 11:58, RowlattsFox said:

This question has probably been asked a number of times but I'm currently looking at German destinations for my 'stag do' (not a traditional 20plus people, might be 6 of us max), in early Feb and trying to clash it with a reasonable chance of getting to a match. Looking at Cologne and Dusseldorf as options as flights seem cheap. Notice Fortuna Dusseldorf are down to play Frankfurt w/e 1st Feb, what are the chances of getting tickets? I know there are plenty of game options in that area so just wondering who would give me best chance of getting a ticket.

Need any help on this?

On 13/10/2019 at 13:59, Messi said:

Going to Reykjavik in a few weeks for 4 nights. Going to hire a car to get around. 

Anyone got any suggestions of what to do? 

Just driving around is pretty incredible and you end up stopping for all the waterfalls.

Obviously there’s all the bits in the golden circle that are a must. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Circle_(Iceland)

The Blue Lagoon is quite expensive but worth it, even just for the lava field landscape around it.

So there’s two days gone near enough and Reykjavik has plenty to offer with loads of quirky bars and restaurants.

I only went for three nights and one of those days the hotel warned us not to go out due to an unusually bad storm, so we didn’t get round to the glaciers, ice caves and uplands which are bit further east of Reykjavik. They all look amazing and have vowed to go back one year and do them.

• Thanks 1

On 13/10/2019 at 13:59, Messi said:

Going to Reykjavik in a few weeks for 4 nights. Going to hire a car to get around. 

Anyone got any suggestions of what to do? 

We did the trip to the day trip to the waterfalls and geysers,  the northern lights trip and the secret lagoon. We couldn't do the blue lagoon as we had to book in advance.

Do some research on happy hours and where to eat before you go. It is very expensive.  About £10 a pint and £20 for fish and chips.

The discount supermarket is called bonus. Yellow logo with a pig.  Good for cheap snacks. 

On 13/10/2019 at 19:01, Izzy said:

Booked a week in Majorca at half term for the family. It's been a shit last month so will be nice to get away for a bit. 

Came in here to talk about just returning from there after 5 days today!

Let me know if you want any recommendations. 

We went for a chill-out holiday and got exactly that :). So if you're going there to up your spirits then you'll certainly get that. Great weather (barring the heavy thunderstorms overnight last night). Lovely restaurants and bars, beach is great. Plenty of locations to enjoy a decent view of the sea as well. 

Whereabouts are you staying?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Came in here to talk about just returning from there after 5 days today!

Let me know if you want any recommendations. 

We went for a chill-out holiday and got exactly that :). So if you're going there to up your spirits then you'll certainly get that. Great weather (barring the heavy thunderstorms overnight last night). Lovely restaurants and bars, beach is great. Plenty of locations to enjoy a decent view of the sea as well. 

Whereabouts are you staying?

Nice one mate, glad you had a good time :thumbup:

We're staying in Alcudia again having been there a few times before we had kids and a couple of times when they were babies, but the last time was probably 10 years ago. Ended up booking an apartment through Jet 2 holidays who I've not used before so not expecting anything too glamorous.

Like you say, just going to chill and up our spirits and hopefully the weather will be kind to us. Even if it's just in the low 20's it'll still better than the crap weather here :D

On 13/10/2019 at 14:08, FoxesDeb said:

Possibly a bit late now, but I really liked Leiden which is very close by. The botanical garden there is great, and there's a lot indoors: https://www.hortusleiden.nl/en/  

35 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Going to book New York for 5 nights in March. Anyone got any hotel recs?

Depends on your budget but we stayed here a few years ago and it was brilliant:

https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/new-york/millennium-hilton-new-york-one-un-plaza-NYCUPHH/index.html

Incredible views and perfect location but a bit pricey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Stayed in one called The Library, top class place but it’s not cheap.

Ive also stayed in the Intercontinental at Times Square which was decent.

Cheers. Thinking of maybe staying abit out of the centre and nearer east village. There is just so much choice! I’ll prob get the flights sorted then look around for a while. 

That library place does look class though.

49 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Cheers. Thinking of maybe staying abit out of the centre and nearer east village. There is just so much choice! I’ll prob get the flights sorted then look around for a while. 

That library place does look class though.

Free wine and cheese every afternoon haha

Thanks for all the replies re Florida, got a really good price for a week in orlando and a week down clearwater flying ba into orlando and out of Tampa, hire car and 2 hotels. Priced by a company called ocean Florida. 

Long shot but anyone used them?

Also I've been Florida 3 times but never been busch gardens anyone got any thoughts on bothering. My kids will be 11 and 9 if we go in 2021.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Like 1