Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

24 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Also I've been Florida 3 times but never been busch gardens anyone got any thoughts on bothering. My kids will be 11 and 9 if we go in 2021.

My kids were a similar age when we first went to Busch Gardens a couple of years ago and they loved it.

So much to see and do that you need 2 days there really - it’s huge.

If you/they like rollercoasters there’s some amazing ones there or if not, loads of wildlife and other stuff. Even at peak season it didn’t seem crowded like Disney or Universal because it’s so big. Hardly any queues either so happy days. It took a good hour and a half to drive there from Orlando but well worth it. 
Went again the following year and would do so again if we go back.

Highly recommended.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Stayed in one called The Library, top class place but it’s not cheap.

Ive also stayed in the Intercontinental at Times Square which was decent.

There’s a good package deal with virgin for the intercontinental now I’ve found. So I take it you’d recommend? Does it have a rooftop bar?

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

My kids were a similar age when we first went to Busch Gardens a couple of years ago and they loved it.

So much to see and do that you need 2 days there really - it’s huge.

If you/they like rollercoasters there’s some amazing ones there or if not, loads of wildlife and other stuff. Even at peak season it didn’t seem crowded like Disney or Universal because it’s so big. Hardly any queues either so happy days. It took a good hour and a half to drive there from Orlando but well worth it. 
Went again the following year and would do so again if we go back.

Highly recommended.

Have to say didn't realise it was that far but as we plan to spend the 2nd week near Clearwater or st Petersburg that's something we could do the 2nd week for a day here or there.

Thanks for the reply 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

There’s a good package deal with virgin for the intercontinental now I’ve found. So I take it you’d recommend? Does it have a rooftop bar?

Yeah I would recommend it (if it’s the Times Square one, I don’t know about the other) as it’s really close to Times Square but far away enough not to be really noisy.

Im not sure about a roof top bar, I went there in January and it was bitterly cold but I presume it didn’t. I went when it first opened I think and I can remember Lastminute.com refunded me £100 as they advertised it having a swimming pool when it didn’t lol it was also listed as having a golf course but I darent try my luck on that.

You would be able to go into any hotels bars anyway so even if yours hasn’t got one I wouldn’t worry too much. 

Done two weeks in rwanda, Uganda, Zambia and zimbabwe, predominantly tracking chimps, monkeys and gorillas, which was amazing, hard to describe, you need to see it to believe it.

did devils pool at Vic falls, Google it if you don't know it, hanging off the end of the waterfall, great experience

I would urge any animal lovers to go to Zimbabwe to do the safari routes, instead of the usual garden route in South Africa. The people are so friendly, it's safe, reasonable cost and you will see all the animals you desire. Happy to pass on any tips if needed

• Like 2

13 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Did Norwegian Air from Gatwick on a slightly smaller budget. It’s just a bugger to get Gatwick!

It really ain’t that bad…. I choose it in preference to Heathrow when I go long haul for work…

The Gatwick express (change via Luton or St Pancras) has you directly from Leicester train station into the airport in 2hrs 15 mins

Norwegian Air have nice planes (dreamliners) and are pretty cheap…. Used them a fair bit

A car is a whole different ball game though…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Done two weeks in rwanda, Uganda, Zambia and zimbabwe, predominantly tracking chimps, monkeys and gorillas, which was amazing, hard to describe, you need to see it to believe it.

did devils pool at Vic falls, Google it if you don't know it, hanging off the end of the waterfall, great experience

I would urge any animal lovers to go to Zimbabwe to do the safari routes, instead of the usual garden route in South Africa. The people are so friendly, it's safe, reasonable cost and you will see all the animals you desire. Happy to pass on any tips if needed

Romesh R did a travel a travel programme on Zimbabwe- looked amazing 

lucky you!

22 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Have to say didn't realise it was that far but as we plan to spend the 2nd week near Clearwater or st Petersburg that's something we could do the 2nd week for a day here or there.

Thanks for the reply 

Clearwater is the best beach I’ve ever visited last year 

2 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

Clearwater is the best beach I’ve ever visited last year 

Been as a kid but over 20 years ago. Have to say my memories of mid Florida are great but maybe screwed slightly. 

But hoping it's good for the kids.

Been Cuba, Antigua and st Lucia as and not sure Florida will quite match it as an adult but won't be far behind.

23 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Been as a kid but over 20 years ago. Have to say my memories of mid Florida are great but maybe screwed slightly. 

But hoping it's good for the kids.

Been Cuba, Antigua and st Lucia as and not sure Florida will quite match it as an adult but won't be far behind.

Skegness kills the lot of em

• Haha 1

Just now, Yastafox said:

Planning a week in Paris during Easter. Been a few times already but considering driving this time having never driven abroad before. Anyone driven to France before? Feeling a little apprehensive but works out a lot cheaper...

Lots of times, it's great. The roads are better and much quieter, and the drivers on the whole have much better lane discipline. You'll just hate it when you come back to England, at least I always do! I have managed to pick up a couple of speeding tickets though so be wary of that, you don't get the tolerance that we get here. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Benguin said:

Just booked a holiday to Rome. 6 nights. Never been, obviously want to do all the major stuff but what do people recommend? Going on my todd. 

San Clemente is my favourite church in Rome. Not only does it have stunning Byzantine mosaics but also a small chapel with some early Renaissance paintings by Masolino. Eat cacio e pepe, simple but wonderful. Trattoria da Danilo is a very typical place to eat it. 

Do some day trips. I love Umbria, and Spoleto or Orvieto are close to Rome. Both are beautiful towns with great art and history. I don't know Lazio so well but I am sure there are some beautiful hill towns south of Rome. The area where Lazio meets Abruzzo is very spectacular. There is a national park of Lazio-Abruzzo-Molise that has some great scenery, but I'm not sure how easy it is to get there by public transport. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Benguin said:

Just booked a holiday to Rome. 6 nights. Never been, obviously want to do all the major stuff but what do people recommend? Going on my todd. 

The Catacombs are fascinating places to visit. I went to St Callixtus but there are others. Definitely worth doing..

• Thanks 1