Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 27/06/2020 at 10:32, Wrighty22 said:

You’ll be lucky. We’re meant to be going to a Haven site in 2 weeks and although they have announced they will be open most of the amenities will be closed. No pool, no entertainment, no restaurants, no childrens activities. 

How about going back to the entertain yourself routine...No Restaurants( I bet there are some takeaways around town),

then Mams & dads Undertake things with the kids. It cant be that difficult..!

40 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

How about going back to the entertain yourself routine...No Restaurants( I bet there are some takeaways around town),

then Mams & dads Undertake things with the kids. It cant be that difficult..!

We are looking at those options, a lot will be dependant on weather as most indoor activities are likely to be closed or ran at a reduced capacity.

I'm in a real dilemma about what to do. I'm desperate to get out of the country for a bit, but something feels a bit morally wrong about jumping on a plane to another country at the moment. 

The Brits are loathed as it is, and now we're riddled with Coronavirus. 

Prices are ramping up very quickly indeed as people realise we can actually go away. I don't know what to do.

Third time lucky but booked a weeks a holiday for Benidorm in October... things appear to be well organised and well put in place there. However will that still be the case after a few weeks of the British tourits arriving. Going to try the states again next may....

1 hour ago, pds said:

Just booked Haven site in Filey for July 13th for the kids more than anything just to have a change of scenery. Pool and entertainment not open but the price was cheaper than most alternatives at that time.

Really great timing. Dead pleased 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Third time lucky but booked a weeks a holiday for Benidorm in October... things appear to be well organised and well put in place there. However will that still be the case after a few weeks of the British tourits arriving. Going to try the states again next may....

In normal circumstances, October isn’t a bad time to go to Benidorm. Solidly about 20-25 degrees and still fairly buzzing but not heaving. 

On 27/06/2020 at 10:23, Paninistickers said:

Yeah I know. I've booked it on a whim for a novelty and for 300 quid, I'm happy to take whatever I get. 

The alternative was a 'proper' holiday to, say, Spain ....pay £2k for a week and find the same problems and/or bars requiring masks and/or post covid Spanish shopping rituals that I'm not familiar with

£2k for a week in Spain? 

Either you're booking from the wrong place or you're including a sizable strippy budget there.

EDIT: I guess you're a family. My bad lol

Edited by Nod.E

Can’t be arsed with one. Quite happy to save my penny’s and wait until I can go somewhere without the worry of having it cancelled, getting Covid, I can actually enjoy normal pub and restaurant  service and don’t have to treat every stranger in sight like a leper.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Can’t be arsed with one. Quite happy to save my penny’s and wait until I can go somewhere without the worry of having it cancelled, getting Covid, I can actually enjoy normal pub and restaurant  service and don’t have to treat every stranger in sight like a leper.

Depends if you are in Oadby,Syston,Groby,Birstall or Nanpantan...

12 hours ago, Nod.E said:

£2k for a week in Spain? 

Either you're booking from the wrong place or you're including a sizable strippy budget there.

EDIT: I guess you're a family. My bad lol

Yep. I'm so conditioned to paying for 3 or 4 people all the time my occasional trips without kids seem absolute dirt cheap. Earlier this year  Flight to Canada, transfers, accom, spendos, ski hire and pass, hooker.....whole shebang cheaper than taking the kids camping to France hahaha

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Manini said:

In normal circumstances, October isn’t a bad time to go to Benidorm. Solidly about 20-25 degrees and still fairly buzzing but not heaving. 

Yeah probably might, I spoke to quite a few people who have tried to book an holiday for either July or August apparently most places there a fully booked. So a quite few maybe forced to go later in year.

Made a booking in February to go Cornwall this Saturday (4th) for the week. 

Got final confirmation last weekend and paid full amount. 

Booked eden project and lost gardens of heligan tickets for that week also. 

Live and work in infected area, so at this point not looking good for travelling. 

Certain police forces now saying people travelling from Leicester will be turned back. 

Still 3 days to go so fingers crossed ! 

• Sad 1

On 01/06/2020 at 11:57, Detroit Blues said:

If you're traveling to Florida, of all places, then you already know that you are putting your life in danger lol

That said, the # of coronavirus cases in Florida is relatively low compared to the rest of the US/UK. I have family down there, and apparently outdoor restaurants are starting to re-open, same with beaches and parks. By November, things could be better. 

Gonna go ahead and amend my original advice lol

• Haha 1