Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Trying to figure out...is the hospitality industry able to apply this reduction in VAT now for any bookings after the 15th, or will it be that they have to wait until that date to implement the new pricing? Thinking about booking a long weekend away at the end of July. 

Had an opportunity for a lodge we enquired about just before the second lockdown. Site rung us today, to say they’d had a cancellation and were we still interested for next Saturday.  Explained we were in the lockdown part of Leper Leicester and they couldn’t get rid of me quickly enough. Annoyed as I’d have really fancied it as well. 

5 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

Had an opportunity for a lodge we enquired about just before the second lockdown. Site rung us today, to say they’d had a cancellation and were we still interested for next Saturday.  Explained we were in the lockdown part of Leper Leicester and they couldn’t get rid of me quickly enough. Annoyed as I’d have really fancied it as well. 

I wonder how strict places are in terms of anyone from Leicester. Im outside the leper zone but wonder if I went away and they knew it was from Leicester If they would say go away. 

• Like 1

On 05/07/2020 at 15:51, Costock_Fox said:

3 nights in the Coltswolds from Thursday, looking forward to getting the **** out of this house.

But isnt it the Proof in the puddding,when such periods hits us,that our 'built & chosen'  houses gives us Refuge, comfort & security

I thought you had mentioned in the past,you had your own property....

For I am gratefull I have my own house,and by the Grace of god...that We are Not Stück to a simple Bedsit,mangy-flat,or even a decent flat...

I have in my last years always looked for any Good holidays,but still  difficult because of Health to organize an Holiday with any of my Four grown kids family.

So house & home becomes a Good humble relaxing refuge....And We have nothing fancy.....

Just a Another perspective, to give further perspectives...:)

Edited by fuchsntf

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

But isnt it the Proof in the puddding,when such periods hits us,that our 'built & chosen'  houses gives us Refuge, comfort & security

I thought you had mentioned in the past,you had your own property....

Vor I am Financial I have my own house,and by the Grace of god...that We are Not Stück to a simple Bedsit,mangy-flat,or even a decent flat...

I am in my last years of any Good holidays,even difficult because of Health to organize an Holiday with any of my Four grown kids family.

So house & home because a Good humble relaxing refuge....Anne We have nothing fancy.....

Just a Another perspective, to give further perspectives...:)

Oh I love my house, it’s great and I’m very lucky to have many of the things I have but I spent 8 hours a day in a bedroom at work and then playing guitar.

I live for going to new places and experiences so I stand by my comment about being desperate to get out.

7 nights in Ilfracombe with the family and dogs from Saturday. Hardly had a day off work since Xmas (have been studying on weekends) so really looking forward to a break. Weather looks reasonable. Some lovely beaches in North Devon and Exmoor and Dartmoor not too far away.

3 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

I wonder how strict places are in terms of anyone from Leicester. Im outside the leper zone but wonder if I went away and they knew it was from Leicester If they would say go away. 

In Germany..some People with certain postcodes,due to Outbreaks are Finding it impossible.  Hotels,campsites,B+Bs,are refusing bookings.

I Don t Live in an Outbreak area,but at the moment,I am Patient and waiting to see Now the First Waves of holidays in Germany & Europe 

Relevant to Corvid issues pan out....I have always Traveller been underway 2-8 times in the year,Local regions or over borders...

But I aint going anywhere fast,nor Feel so desperate....its called accepting your lot,for a short period...

Plus that extra pain,Of being asked where I come from....I bet Now even in and around the UK, all Overnight places will be asking vor postcodes  or addresses during Booking

Also you where you come from......On main Land Europe before Corvid,a normal request...

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Oh I love my house, it’s great and I’m very lucky to have many of the things I have but I spent 8 hours a day in a bedroom at work and then playing guitar.

I live for going to new places and experiences so I stand by my comment about being desperate to get out.

Ditto for us,we have had a Natural wonderlust all our lives,and Set it up accordingly,with lifes given comprimises...

Corvid,in our later years has given us,other priorities in our thought process....

(Ps..my last Post I sent without checking,I had a telephone Call and hit submit, even with my word play,it came out shit,so thx for replying)...

even I didnt understand half of it..!!! :giggle:

Edited by fuchsntf

18 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Ditto for us,we have had a Natural wonderlust all our lives,and Set it up accordingly,with lifes given comprimises...

Corvid,in our later years has given us,other profitiere in our thought process....

(Ps..my last Post I sent without checking,I had a telephone Call and hit submit, even with my word play,it came out shit,so thx for replying)...

even I didnt understand half of it..!!! :giggle:

Lol it was a tough read I’m not going to lie.

12 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Lol it was a tough read I’m not going to lie.

I had also forgot my drift,when I corrected it...but if you see my re edit,its 'slightly' better!!

I aint a Bank manager,so fk it..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

Yeah, it's annoying. 

My workplace has flogged us to the bone since March. Carried a persistent, tiring, niggling cough from March to late April which probably wasn covid by was wearing either way. 

Third of the staff furloughed, the rest of us taking up the slack. 'i don't want to put you under pressure, by jobs are on the line' type rhetoric from the wretched middle management. 

Holiday abroad cancelled. Kids at home all this time. I'm ready for a fackingn break. 

Yet i can't properly look forward to.my cheapskate seaside few days away knowing that armed checkpoints are waiting to turn me back

I

3 hours ago, Big Dave said:

7 nights in Ilfracombe with the family and dogs from Saturday. Hardly had a day off work since Xmas (have been studying on weekends) so really looking forward to a break. Weather looks reasonable. Some lovely beaches in North Devon and Exmoor and Dartmoor not too far away.

Used to Love Ilfracombe and surroundings...Never got back there with my children....But it also got expensive....

The missus is nagging me to book somewhere for the end of September, probably the Canaries or Crete. Part of me would love a bit of sun but part of me thinks I ought to be spending my money in this country. Plus another spike might mean I'm owed another lot of money.

4 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

I'm outside the zone. Going to Haven in Filey next week. Rang to check and they said it was fine. Would have been fine if I was from inside the zone apparently as long as showing no symptoms.

• 2 weeks later...

2 nights in Harrogate booked for next month. Can cancel free of charge up to 48hrs before which is good.

Never been before, recommendations (within walking distance of Harrogate station) are most welcome.

10 minutes ago, Nalis said:

2 nights in Harrogate booked for next month. Can cancel free of charge up to 48hrs before which is good.

Never been before, recommendations (within walking distance of Harrogate station) are most welcome.

Had an excellent meal at the Whippet inn

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

@Dr Marco

just arrived in Lacanau Ocean…. Any recommendations on where @Wolfboy and I can watch the game tomorrow 

ps…. If you’re at a loose end come join us for a beer!

go to bordeaux if you want to watch the game!

the Charles dickens pub has got a lovely terrace

http://www.charlesdickenspub.fr/accueil.html

I'm not here this week-end so can't meet you guys but would have loved it!

enjoy the Gironde!

Come On Leicester!

• Like 2

Got given a lunch at the Ritz with the missus as a gift at Xmas last year. Initial date last month got cancelled so rebooked for December. As it's near Xmas, thought we'd make a weekend of it and treat ourselves. Found a Taj Hotel at St James Court in London. Usual cost would be near £300/night. 

Got it for £130 thanks to the missus being an NHS worker. Can't wait. 

:nigel:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

go to bordeaux if you want to watch the game!

the Charles dickens pub has got a lovely terrace

http://www.charlesdickenspub.fr/accueil.html

I'm not here this week-end so can't meet you guys but would have loved it!

enjoy the Gironde!

Come On Leicester!

No worries mate!  Thanks for the tip…. Might get into trouble if I try venture to Bordeaux tomorrow!  Streams are pretty easy to come by!

I am right on the beach;.. bliss

A la prochaine!  Would have been some great music and footy chat!!!

B81498AC-D73B-4B66-8039-76229CEA3AC7.jpeg

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 1