Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

50 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Absolute bargain, I have just booked Easy Jet flights to Sardinia next June £56 return

From Luton but hey ho 

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not sure when you last went to Luton but the airport has improved significantly in the last 12-18months! 

Bargain for there though in middle of summer. Nice. 

It’s gone all posh now it’s ‘London’ Luton airport :rolleyes:

Lorraine Chase would be turning in her grave :D

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not sure when you last went to Luton but the airport has improved significantly in the last 12-18months! 

Bargain for there though in middle of summer. Nice. 

I was last at Luton in March for a trip to Amsterdam, when I scoffed at all the foolish people over reacting wearing masks 🙈

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Got an email today from virgin advising that they were processing my refund for my cancelled flights to NYC back in March. I am in shock. 

Beers are on Una tonight!*

*or in 10 days when it actually hits your bank account.

58 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Got an email today from virgin advising that they were processing my refund for my cancelled flights to NYC back in March. I am in shock. 

Tell them to give Swiss air a nudge. Still nothing from the beginning of march.

15 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Wow, i had flights with virgin to NYC in March, it was refunded about two months ago!!

Email - [email protected]

There's no point chasing around some customer services agent in Gatwick who has no power and doesn't care about you anyway, go straight to the CEO to sort it

6 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

had to move my one way flight to australia until next year. 3 months of interrailing in europe it is, starting sept

the quarter life crisis continues

you wont regret waiting to go Australia, what a place.

Where in Europe you got planned?

3 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

you wont regret waiting to go Australia, what a place.

Where in Europe you got planned?

was meant to be going in nov so a bit gutted I’ll have to wait!

all over really. as many places as I can get into! starting in berlin and going to head north I think and than back down through poland / slovakia / austria and then work my way back west 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Enjoy.

Random q - Is Norfolk worth it if you dont drive? Never been but dont have a car man.

I guess it depends where you stay and where you want to go. Where I go there is a coast hopper bus service which covers all the coastal towns like Wells, Cley, Holt, Sheringham and Cromer etc. How will you actually get there though without a car?

• Thanks 1

A pal of mine went Spain on Tuesday for a fortnight. Works from home so still went knowing he’d have to stay at home for 14 days after anyway. Texts me yesterday saying how great it was. Loads of room around the pool and bars and restaurants just the right business for him and was loving it. He texts me this morning having had a letter left under his door last night on returning to his room saying he’s got to leave on Saturday as he’s not wanted in the Country lol.  Flight all sorted and the letter from whoever he’s booked the holiday with. I’m waiting to hear more about what’s exactly gone on but interesting to see how many people are being sent home. He’s only sent two texts to me but said its the Leicester part that’s causing the problem. He’s not in the lockdown area either. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I guess it depends where you stay and where you want to go. Where I go there is a coast hopper bus service which covers all the coastal towns like Wells, Cley, Holt, Sheringham and Cromer etc. How will you actually get there though without a car?

I'm based in London so there would be trains to Great Yarmouth I'd reckon and some of the other big towns but if its a pain in the arse without a car or the nicer places dont have stations then I wont bother.

At the minute its just one of the options for a long weekend, havent booked anything.

3 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

A pal of mine went Spain on Tuesday for a fortnight. Works from home so still went knowing he’d have to stay at home for 14 days after anyway. Texts me yesterday saying how great it was. Loads of room around the pool and bars and restaurants just the right business for him and was loving it. He texts me this morning having had a letter left under his door last night on returning to his room saying he’s got to leave on Saturday as he’s not wanted in the Country lol.  Flight all sorted and the letter from whoever he’s booked the holiday with. I’m waiting to hear more about what’s exactly gone on but interesting to see how many people are being sent home. He’s only sent two texts to me but said its the Leicester part that’s causing the problem. He’s not in the lockdown area either. 

Thats nuts, wonder if the same thing will happen for anyone booking or flying from Manchester for the next couple of weeks.

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I'm based in London so there would be trains to Great Yarmouth I'd reckon and some of the other big towns but if its a pain in the arse without a car or the nicer places dont have stations then I wont bother.

At the minute its just one of the options for a long weekend, havent booked anything.

Car is ideal but you could stay in Norwich and there are plenty of buses and trains to lovely parts of Norfolk, you can hop on and off easily and do some nice walks in the countryside. 

Alternatively you could get the train to Lynn and use the coasthopper as Una says to get out to the coastal villages and there are loads of great walks and places to explore within reach. 

Edited by bovril
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MonmoreStef said:

I've seen loads of stories saying most people have been told to return home if from UK. Apparently unless you are on a flight by the 3rd you are stuck there.

Someone I know has decided he's saying **** it and rented a place till Oct and will risk staying out in ibiza until the end of the season.

Issue is. With no customers a lot of places are now also starting to close due to lack of trade.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Like 1

Bloody Brits needing  Ice for their cocktails....

Swiss Ice-rescue-team. ....

having to bale you lot out by the Bucket full....No Ice Block is too far,  the Summit know no Bounds (summit=dogs name)....

IMG-20200801-WA0000.jpg

Edited by fuchsntf

• 2 weeks later...

Any tips on the isle of wight? As we're in Winchester next week we thought we'd book the ferry over considering its only an hours drive to Portsmouth, fill out the holiday a bit. The missus loves nature (animals), rock pooling, swimming, and i like a nice pub. Having never been, we're looking for any tips, we have about 7 hours there with a car.

15 hours ago, Kopic said:

Any tips on the isle of wight? As we're in Winchester next week we thought we'd book the ferry over considering its only an hours drive to Portsmouth, fill out the holiday a bit. The missus loves nature (animals), rock pooling, swimming, and i like a nice pub. Having never been, we're looking for any tips, we have about 7 hours there with a car.

Used to go every year as my uncle lives there. There are many things to do and see my favourite places is the garlic farm where you can buy pretty much anything made with garlic (incl weirdly enough beer and Ice cream) and Osborne House where Queen Victoria used to stay. Loads of sites like the Needles, a dinasaur museum, the ruins of an old Roman Villa which is well interesting, a couple of vineyards and a beautiful outdoor garden type place set in the hillside with all different tropical plants and trees in different themes. 

Cowes is a must go see and has some great pubs and restaurants, a really pretty old seaside town.. 

You won’t be short of finding places to go and some really nice beaches too. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Kopic said:

I've just booked to go isle of wight.  The car ferry is a lot cheaper from Southampton at the moment. 

17 hours ago, Kopic said:

It's alright. Imagine what everywhere else was like about 70 years ago.

• Haha 1