Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

58 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

No worries mate!  Thanks for the tip…. Might get into trouble if I try venture to Bordeaux tomorrow!  Streams are pretty easy to come by!

I am right on the beach;.. bliss

A la prochaine!  Would have been some great music and footy chat!!!

B81498AC-D73B-4B66-8039-76229CEA3AC7.jpeg

Head to Dune de Pilat! 

Great views of the sunset if the day is like that! 

Nice walk up the hill too... 

• Like 1

My son and hi family have just returned from a week in a lodge in a remote part of the Brecon Beacons sounds like he had a good time away from the madness.

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Head to Dune de Pilat! 

Great views of the sunset if the day is like that! 

Nice walk up the hill too... 

Amazing recommendation….  Dune de Pilat is stunning…. Went around 12 years ago…. Hopefully I will get back (Around 45 mins from here) 

I have never seen anything quite like it!

off for a massive plate of Ousters now !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Amazing recommendation….  Dune de Pilat is stunning…. Went around 12 years ago…. Hopefully I will get back (Around 45 mins from here) 

I have never seen anything quite like it!

off for a massive plate of Ousters now !

Yeah been twice in last few years. Don't think you could ever tire of it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Just done a week in Norfolk, decent week but the day to day cost is so expensive in this country.

Still, got the sun, sea and sand fix and even seen some seals in the sea which the kids loved.

As foxestalks token Norfolkian I am obliged to ask where you went. 

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Are you me? 

Just done the exact same, Inc seals

lol

Its probably more likely we went to same beach. I can’t remember the name but my wife said that there might be seals there.

We stayed in Mundesley, it was a pretty decent little seaside village and having been deprived of the pub/restaurants since lockdown, the Ship Inn was sensational.

I dare not look at my bank balance now though 🙈

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

lol

Its probably more likely we went to same beach. I can’t remember the name but my wife said that there might be seals there.

We stayed in Mundesley, it was a pretty decent little seaside village and having been deprived of the pub/restaurants since lockdown, the Ship Inn was sensational.

I dare not look at my bank balance now though 🙈

Was about 15 miles further down the coast towards Yarmouth. Scatby/California 

It was surprisingly lovely, except for Yarmouth itself, which was garbage

Seals were brill!

• Like 1

Booked the family a town house in Plymouth for a week end of August. Don’t think I’ve ever been to Plymouth before.

Anyone been to Plymouth? Owt to do there?

23 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Booked the family a town house in Plymouth for a week end of August. Don’t think I’ve ever been to Plymouth before.

Travelled down there last year for a gig. There's loads of charity shops. That's about all I discovered during the day i was there.

1 minute ago, Kopic said:

Travelled down there last year for a gig. There's loads of charity shops. That's about all I discovered during the day i was there.

Perfect. My kinda town :thumbup:

10 hours ago, Izzy said:

Plymouth has a little dockside area and the Hoe, nice enough to kill a day. Exeter decent enough city as well. Plenty nearby though 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Anyone else just given up? I've written them all off, just hoping for a Europa League tour!

Not at all! There's good deals to be found if you look hard enough, and for a place that is deemed safe to go to! 

4 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Both my foreign holidays cancelled, so five days in Lyme Regis for me. Looks nice.

It's nice in Lyme.  I can recommend the beer & burgers in Swim! which is a cool bar / restaurant right on the beach.  Might need to book.  The kids enjoyed touring the Town Mill, plus there is a little brewery next door.  Also a quick drive down the road to Seaton and there is a lovely tramway which takes you through a nature reserve along the river.  Should you be a model railway fan, a little further along is Beer - home to Pecorama.

Fossil wise, the museum is interesting, and the ammonite pavement (big ones in rocks) is cool on Lyme regis beach, but if you want to find little fossils, Charmouth beach tends to be better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Enjoy, it's a stunning city. 

Thanks, bit last minute but any tips off the top of your head?! For reasonably priced food or drink.

I've not looked into it at all, i booked it a few days ago as i need to take 3 days leave by 31.07 and refuse to stay in the country for said leave. A few reviews said it's a boring city, and that's all the prepartion i've done!

43 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Thanks, bit last minute but any tips off the top of your head?! For reasonably priced food or drink.

I've not looked into it at all, i booked it a few days ago as i need to take 3 days leave by 31.07 and refuse to stay in the country for said leave. A few reviews said it's a boring city, and that's all the prepartion i've done!

It’s a lovely town…. I worked there quite regularly…

It is eye wateringly expensive…

There is a lovely food market with lots of nice places to eat (great fish of course)….  I also ate a Try some aquavit ligne too

The Munch museum is great

apple strudel is very good!

Walk around the opera house in the harbour

I ate at a very nice restaurant called Katla with some colleagues 

managed to do some work too - promise!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

It was a quick in and out trip with some off here to meet friends from Valerenga's ultras group so not much site seeing.

The old area of Valerenga was very quaint especially around the Church.

Remember Cafe Sara being reasonably by Oslo prices for drink and it did do food but we did not eat there. It was on Hausmanns gate which looked to be a nice area with lots of small bars and restaurants. 

• Like 1