Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

50 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Got a relative in Singapore. Is a flight there, few days, then train up to Kuala Lumpur and then Phuket over a week or so doable?

If I wear my City shirt in Thailand, do I get free stuff?

You’re pushing it on that timeframe I reckon. Plus, there’s a travel advisory for the Malay/Thai border zone - especially kidnappings. Oh, and there’s no rail service to Phuket.

And most people I met hadn’t got a clue what my shirt was last March. Only another Fox on holiday came up to me, and a suit guy who clearly learns all the teams as part of his sales patter.

Edited by Daggers
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, The Blur said:

Which was better, summer or winter?

Both were good. I was there for 4th of July in summer. Watched the fireworks from the banks of the Hudson River and watched a Mets vs Yankees baseball match.

Went February 1st expecting it to be really cold and it was 13 degrees.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jgtuk said:

New York is awesome… 

It's OK, I'm glad I've been but I'll not rush back. I'm probably in the minority but I really didn't think it was astonishing. 

4 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Got a relative in Singapore. Is a flight there, few days, then train up to Kuala Lumpur and then Phuket over a week or so doable?

If I wear my City shirt in Thailand, do I get free stuff?

No. No one even noticed mine :cry:

24 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I read your previous one, this was also good. You should work for the tourist board!

Thanks - that's very kind! I enjoy it just struggle to find the time with work at the moment!

33 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Thanks - that's very kind! I enjoy it just struggle to find the time with work at the moment!

Trying to get nice a little side hustle going eh :schmike:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ousefox said:

I think you should lose the white socks black trainers combo on one of the pictures though ;)

• Haha 1

Doing the inverse of several people on this thread...flying over for 5 nights in London (Marylebone) in June. Loved the neighborhood when we visited last year for a Leicester match. Also found an historic independent pub around the corner.

Any must-visit pubs/restaurants in the neighborhood?

Edited by NJFox

18 minutes ago, NJFox said:

Doing the inverse of several people on this thread...flying over for 5 nights in London (Marylebone) in June. Loved the neighborhood when we visited last year for a Leicester match. Also found an historic independent pub around the corner.

I like Marylebone. Spend a lot of time in Fitzrovia and Bloomsbury just to the east. Naroon is a great Iranian restaurant - I think there's one in Fitzrovia and Marylebone. 

Which pub?

Edited by bovril

42 minutes ago, bovril said:

Which pub?

The Barley Mow. Free houses are always welcome...the concept of sponsored pubs is still foreign to me (pun intended).

21 minutes ago, NJFox said:

The Barley Mow. Free houses are always welcome...the concept of sponsored pubs is still foreign to me (pun intended).

Ah yes the Barley Mow is nice.

My 'local' is the Lord John Russell. Probably won't win any awards but seems to be independent and has a good atmosphere - nice mix of old regulars, tourists, students and intellectuals (and me :cool:). The Boot is a bit of an old school pub, must be independent as it looks like there's been no refurbishment in 20 years. Both of those are a bit further away in Bloomsbury though. There are loads between Regent's Park and Tottenham Court Road station but I don't really know them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJFox said:

Barley Mow is great, my mate lives 2 minutes away. The Kings Head on Westmoreland Street is a proper sh*t old boozer, I like it but have never been in without seeing a mouse running across the floor.

The Jackalope is good - it's in a really nice old mews and does good noodles. Gets very busy though.

I'm over in Bloomsbury and my recommendations would be The Lamb (Lambs Conduit Street) and The Duke (Roger Street) if you were heading this way.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, oakman said:

I'm over in Bloomsbury and my recommendations would be The Lamb (Lambs Conduit Street) and The Duke (Roger Street) if you were heading this way.

Recently discovered the Duke. Beautiful pub.

• Like 1

Flying to St Lucia tomorrow morning. So excited as its the first trip we are taking since covid! Last went to Jamaica in late December 2019, mere months before lockdown.

The last two years has been car trips to locations cross ontario, no international travel.

Kick it off with my daughters birthday today. The kids are super excited about the trip as they loved Jamaica.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Flying to St Lucia tomorrow morning. So excited as its the first trip we are taking since covid! Last went to Jamaica in late December 2019, mere months before lockdown.

The last two years has been car trips to locations cross ontario, no international travel.

Kick it off with my daughters birthday today. The kids are super excited about the trip as they loved Jamaica.

As above

9 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Off to Naples a week on Monday. Planning on visiting Amalfi coast and Capri. Any other suggestions welcome 

We’re off to Naples for 3 nights, end of May.

Visiting Bari, Rome, Florence, Verona & Venice.

flying into Bari, then trains all the way, fly home from Venice.

Enjoy ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

We’re off to Naples for 3 nights, end of May.

Visiting Bari, Rome, Florence, Verona & Venice.

flying into Bari, then trains all the way, fly home from Venice.

Enjoy ! 

I was thinking of doing the same thing! Maybe combining Puglia and Venice and doing the overnight trains, so I may pass you on the way...

Enjoy it. Venice is still one of my favourite cities. And Puglia is amazing. Great coast and some fantastic historic sites including a lot of Norman stuff.

• Like 1