Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

we are going to Nice cos we are upmarket lads lads lads. and it's called nice. nice. anyone been? 

Went 2 years ago. The restaurant strip that backs on to the promenade is nice but the beer is expensive. We were paying 7 euros a pint. Worth taking a trip to Monte Carlo. About 20 minutes on the train, or cost 1 euro on the bus. 

Im going up t'Nortj for my btother in laws 70yh if that counts this coming weekend. booked a hotel for three nights as my sisters place is full and its a surprise party so I would have to travel on the Saturday and woukd be aqkqaed for timing.

Stopping at the Calder House hotel in Seascale.

There was one place I looked at which was a micro pub brewery that let rooms but it was five miles away so would have been a tenners taxi ride. Going by train too and no station near.

On 04/07/2017 at 16:08, ScouseFox said:

we are going to Nice cos we are upmarket lads lads lads. and it's called nice. nice. anyone been? 

Nice is great - probably my favourite city in France. Went during the Euros and it was buzzing. The beach is very rocky so not the best beach in the world to relax during the day but decent enough. I'd recommend you go to Villefranche beach - pretty incredible and beautiful women everywhere. 

Food is great but expensive, same with the drink if you go anywhere even a little bit touristy. Nightlife was okay until you're not allowed in anywhere because you're not with girls which was a pain. When we were there a lot of people just get pissed on the beach at night. Just start chatting to them and they're really friendly. Oh and random fellas come up to you and sell mojitos.

On 04/07/2017 at 16:08, ScouseFox said:

Did Cannes, so just round the corner. My overwhelming memory was the amount of dog shit on the pavements. It was like avoiding land mines every time you ventured out.

My outlaws went about a month later and didn't notice it. I don't think it had been cleaned it up, more a case of them standing in it as they went I reckon. 

13 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

lol sounds about right. What did you think to Milan?

Milan was nice. I dragged my girlfriend round the San Siro, but the city itself is just a bit overpriced and busy. It's what I expected to be honest, minus the aggressive lucky lucky men.  

6 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

I'll be back in a couple of weeks!! Can't wait.

Thinking of doing a tour of the ground with the kids when I am there. Is it alright for 3 & 6 year olds?

My 6 year old (then 5) loved it, but then he is a massive fan.

Get to do changing rooms, refs room, media rooms, walk down the tunnel etc with plenty of time for photos.

I believe they are updating the tours this season to allow you to wander more freely. In fact I'm sure I read it on here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pds said:

My 6 year old (then 5) loved it, but then he is a massive fan.

Get to do changing rooms, refs room, media rooms, walk down the tunnel etc with plenty of time for photos.

I believe they are updating the tours this season to allow you to wander more freely. In fact I'm sure I read it on here.

Cheers, that is very helpful.

The tour isn't available when I am back.

https://www.lcfc.com/king-power-stadium/tours

:(

Dates for the tours listed below are available.

Saturday 12 August 
Sunday 20 August 
Saturday 26 August 
Sunday 27 August 
Saturday 2 September 
Sunday 3 September 
Sunday 10 September 
Saturday 16 September 
Sunday 17 September 
Sunday 24 September 
Saturday 30 September 
Sunday 1 October