Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

24 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I think most networks offer a USA bolt on package for data/calls/roaming etc. Not sure how much per day/week but they can cap it so you don't overspend I think.

Personally, I switched my roaming/4G off when I went to the US and just used Wi-Fi wherever I could. If I needed to make calls home I did it through WhatsApp via Wi-Fi for free so didn't need to spend any extra out there.

Where are you going on your road trip btw? Are you doing Big Sur/Highway 1?

Thanks mate

We're going from San Diego to San Francisco via L.A. and a few little towns along the way. Definitely doing Big Sur/Highway 1! 

Neither of us have been to America before, but we've had this great opportunity arise and I have some relatives that live in Vallejo. Can't wait.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Thanks mate

We're going from San Diego to San Francisco via L.A. and a few little towns along the way. Definitely doing Big Sur/Highway 1! 

Neither of us have been to America before, but we've had this great opportunity arise and I have some relatives that live in Vallejo. Can't wait.

You'll love it mate. We did it before we had kids about 20 years ago and it's right up there with the best holiday we've ever had.

Two of my favourite drives were these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/17-Mile_Drive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/49-Mile_Scenic_Drive

Have a great time :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Thanks mate

Ah amazing! I love that part of the world. I have been to San Diego on holiday and also a few times for work for a conference and taken some extra days there to make the most of it. San Fran is an amazing city too. I could live without LA (!) but the whole coastline on the way up is just incredible. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rachhere said:

Ah amazing! I love that part of the world. I have been to San Diego on holiday and also a few times for work for a conference and taken some extra days there to make the most of it. San Fran is an amazing city too. I could live without LA (!) but the whole coastline on the way up is just incredible. 

Yeah a few people are saying that LA is the most disappointing of the lot. Not complaining though!

34 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah a few people are saying that LA is the most disappointing of the lot. Not complaining though!

LA is just to spread out with no discernible centre really. 

Really is a lovely part of the World though, hope it all goes well :thumbup:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

wherever the wind takes me dude. 

my best mate is planning it. I'm turning up at the airport in my shorts and flip-flops with my camera and just going with the flow :cool:

mid-life crisis gap year yaaaah

Haha nice one. I thoroughly recommend a place called Mondulkiri Project which is a charity that rescues elephants and let’s them roam in their part of the jungle. It’s on the boarder with Vietnam and you get to feed the elephants but aren’t allowed to ride them.

The owner is a guy called Mr Tree and he’s absolutely off his rocker.

2702BE7A-5107-46AE-843B-08A4608BD6F5.jpeg

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fathead1981 said:

Just booked Vienna in March for 3 nights with the Mrs, anyone been and watched the Spanish Horse show as the Mrs is desperate to go but £60 to watch Horses walk round for 3 hrs seems a bit steep to me not to mention boring as hell!

Is it cheaper to dump her?

12 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

starting to plan for some travels next year - got HK and Seoul pencilled in for February and Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam for March / April. 

can't waittttt

Make sure you are not in Vietnam during Tet (their version of New Year festivities)  as lot of their infrastructure get shut down because people would go home to spend time with their families.  I have heard stories of travellers being stranded in a same city for a week or so.   

• Like 1

Can't think that far...Got some guy with white beard poppin over,for some special night. Asked if ok if he brought his ol'dear, how the fk was I to

Know,he expected me to be an Airbnb,for animals high on red bull...The local police tell me every year,that this nice old man,will have to stop parking

on other people's houses roofs and stop telling everyone,he's jingling his bells.

The council sends me threatening letters every year because exactly 12 days after his visit,they find they are tasked to clear up his fly-tipping,of 

mountains of Paper with his Effergy printed  all over them,and forests of old used pine-trees originating somewhere from the Black-forest and Scandanavia.

I warn him every year,but the red-nosed fat jerk,keeps telling it's the holiday period, so time to be jolly!!! and fks off with my mince pies,and best bottle

Of Sherry. He is thoughtfull though ,2 weeks,before he comes he sends his helpers singing various coded dittys all named Carol  to forewarn me..

Mind you though irritating, I go all soft and romantic when he turns on his Lapland-ghetto banger,and with Dean Martin singing "let it snow,let it snow"

and some guy called Bing,dreaming of a whitechristmas,which is strange because when later I visited Bethlehem,I thought I was holidaying in a toaster!!

and the fking  hotel was overbooked again...Sleeping on hay,and being wafted by the Sheep's and cows tails,did keep us cool,but being woken up

by those 3 weird( not wise) men ,when trying to sleep is no joke...scared our Rent a Donkey no end. Mind you being compensated with their pressies,makes

Up for it...though this stuff called Myrrh and Frankinsence,can't beat a gud ol'kiff...

So you see my own holiday,is put on ice, for this time of year, since kids took over my innocent life...

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

where's best for the ladyboys in thailand plz guys

asking for a friend myself, tbh. 

If you're going down to the Khao San Road in Bangkok, as a tourist you'll be asked many, many times if you want to see a Ladyboy show.

I think Calypso Cabaret is the most famous. Although, I don't know how good it is. I was too busy being drunk / high on buckets of SangSom Red Bull to bother doing any of the shows.