Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

10 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Went to the one in Manchester on Saturday night after so many good recommendations. 

Its good. Very tasty food and I think they get the portion sizes just right for the sharing menu (what we had). It’s more a sort of Indian tapas type vibe, which I also liked because I love tasting different curries and mixing flavours. They did a chickpea dhal and it was sensational, and a nice lamb one. 

Good for the adventurous types because if you get the Tiffin boxes you can’t choose the curry you get, they bring out whatever they like, which is apparently how it’s done in India. Maybe not so good if you’re a bit iffy with spice, but to be honest nothing was heavily spiced which was my only criticism really, I like spicy food. They also do some really nice cocktails and beers. 

Don’t expect an “Indian” though, it’s not that at all (not in the conventional ‘british’ Indian sense anyway) it’s something a bit different, it’ll do well in town. 

• Thanks 1

mowgli is peng. didn’t even know there was any outside of livpool. liverpool are getting a bundobust too man right next door, how exciting is that gonna be. wait til LE gets one of dem too. 

7 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

mowgli is peng. didn’t even know there was any outside of livpool. liverpool are getting a bundobust too man right next door, how exciting is that gonna be. wait til LE gets one of dem too. 

Went to bundobust in Manchester last year ****ing brilliant snap and beer.

24 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Went to bundobust in Manchester last year ****ing brilliant snap and beer.

yeah it’s an outrage that the food is so different and so good, then the beer is just as good. disgusting living round the corner man i have to stop myself from going daily. 

16 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

yeah it’s an outrage that the food is so different and so good, then the beer is just as good. disgusting living round the corner man i have to stop myself from going daily. 

This sounds quality. Any other decent recommendations for Manchester? Down there this weekend.

Went to a Korean place next to Terracotta called Flame Ingo. Worth going for the experience if you've never been to a Korean bbq. Get lovely slices of meat you put on your own personal bbq. Doesn't take too long to cook and it makes it a different experience to eating out. 

3 hours ago, Simi said:

This sounds quality. Any other decent recommendations for Manchester? Down there this weekend.

nah sorry, only real manc recommendations i can give are liverpool or leeds gaffs that have branched out like bundobust or mowgli have haha. only go to manc to get aled in in hipster gaffs around the northern quarter. 

maybe coxy has some other good shouts if he’s been recently @Unabomber

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

nah sorry, only real manc recommendations i can give are liverpool or leeds gaffs that have branched out like bundobust or mowgli have haha. only go to manc to get aled in in hipster gaffs around the northern quarter. 

That’s all I know in Manchester sorry 

19 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

Both sound decent anyway, so good enough.

18 hours ago, baker11 said:

I still really rate the burgers at Almost Famous.

Booked in.

16 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Blue Oyster bar for guys with arseless chaps

Knew I could count on you.

16 hours ago, Unabomber said:

That’s all I know in Manchester sorry 

:thumbup:

6 hours ago, James. said:

Where is the best place for Sunday lunch nowadays? In the city or the surrounding villages.

The Shires in Peatling Parva does a fabulous carvery, the Badgers Sett in Cropston is also good or the Lime Tree in Whetstone (the old Kaffir) is still popular 

Grounded kitchen is great…. There’s one by the council buildings town as well  as on Queens Rd 

Went to the Tiffin for the first time in ages (was simply passing with my mates)…. It had gone right down hill, but, presumably there is a new chef as it was pretty good…

All in all leicester is pretty shocking for good food…

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Don’t think that’s particularly fair. I’d say it’s one of Leicester’s plus points. 

I love my town…. Some good food…

Curry -  Indian Queen + Himilayas etc. are all amazing, but, for fine dining we’re at a complete loss…. My mums town in France is smaller than Market Harborough and has 4 Michelin star restaurants…

anywhere good good has come and gone…. Too many mediocre chain restaurants for my tastes (although partial to Pho and Wagamamas)

The Case is ok but very hit and miss….   But, I can’t think of anywhere in the town centre that I’d be rushing to eat at again and again