Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benguin

FA CUP: 5th Rd - Away v Villa - BBC Sunday 12:30 - 6500 Allocation.

lol why. 2 of the biggest competitors crashed out yesterday. We can take confidence from beating a Spurs side who would be taking this competition seriously.

No they weren't. They made 9 changes.

Yesterday was a great win but Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool, West Ham, West Brom, Palace, Villa, Stoke and Sunderland are all still in it, and they'd all go into a tie with us as favourites.

It's stupid for any team to think winning a tournament is a 'real possibility' or that they have a 'great chance' until they're in the semis or the quarters at an absolute stretch.

Yesterday was a great win but Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool, West Ham, West Brom, Palace, Villa, Stoke and Sunderland are all still in it, and they'd all go into a tie with us as favourites.

It's stupid for any team to think winning a tournament is a 'real possibility' or that they have a 'great chance' until they're in the semis or the quarters at an absolute stretch.

We are two games away from wembley. Beaten a prem side at home and one away and now there's as many non prem sides left as there is prem sides, why would we not think we can win it. I bet your the kind of guy who'd slate Pearson for playing a second string in the next round Aswell.

Wouldn't mind Villa at home, I never like 'disrespecting' opposition but they're ****ing awful and we could do them with ease.

Again another game where I don't understand why we were so shit ourselves when we played them at Villa Park - That has been the most frustrating thing about this season, in games where we've played opposition that really are very poor yet we've been so bloody awful in those games ourself!

Villa? Favourites given their current form? Give over.

Sunderland, Palace & West Brom also not sure they'd be favourites.

It's not stupid. The fact we've beaten 2 sides who are on paper better than us already is a reason for hope that we can progress further. 

As long as we can avoid Manchester United (they're going to beat Cambridge lets face it), Palace, West Brom, Arsenal, Stoke (though they do have to go to Rochdale who are decent) and West Ham it should be a decent draw. Sheffield United and Bradford worry me a little, mind, given their success in domestic trophies recently.

Still think Reading or Blackburn at home gives us a better chance of going through.

We are two games away from wembley. Beaten a prem side at home and one away and now there's as many non prem sides left as there is prem sides, why would we not think we can win it. I bet your the kind of guy who'd slate Pearson for playing a second string in the next round Aswell.

Because the table says we're the worst Prem side? Because 4 of the top 8 are still in it? Because we always get the worst draws possible? Because there are a further 3 rounds before the final?

Yes, because we are still in the competition by definition there is a chance of us winning it, it is a possible outcome. But to say it's a great chance or a genuine possibility is jumping the gun. Really not that controversial.

We rightly laughed at Forest for thinking they'd won the league after beating Blackpool at home in August, and all of a sudden we're going to win the FA Cup because we're in the 5th Round?

No, you would be wrong on that count, I think Pearson almost always nails it in terms of selecting a good blend of first and fringe.

Villa? Favourites given their current form? Give over.

Sunderland, Palace & West Brom also not sure they'd be favourites.

It's not stupid. The fact we've beaten 2 sides who are on paper better than us already is a reason for hope that we can progress further. 

If we're away from home they would all be favourites, if at home, maybe we'd be preferred over a couple of them. But that only reinforces my point, the draw for the 5th round hasn't even been made yet! Nobody knows how good our chances of progressing further are.

Yes, progress further, thats fine.

Talking about the final and winning the tournament, that's stupid.

Wouldn't mind Villa at home, I never like 'disrespecting' opposition but they're ****ing awful and we could do them with ease.

Again another game where I don't understand why we were so shit ourselves when we played them at Villa Park - That has been the most frustrating thing about this season, in games where we've played opposition that really are very poor yet we've been so bloody awful in those games ourself!

Teams arent consistently awful all season yano. Everyone has ups and downs. Look at how well villa began the season. A 1/10 racehorse could lose a race because it just didn't feel up for it. That's what sport is all about.

If we're away from home they would all be favourites, if at home, maybe we'd be preferred over a couple of them. But that only reinforces my point, the draw for the 5th round hasn't even been made yet! Nobody knows how good our chances of progressing further are.

Boringhell

Well last year Hull got to the final, the year before Wigan were relegated and won it, not so long ago Stoke and championship Cardiff got to a final, Portsmouth won it not so long ago, why shouldn`t we dream, and think that maybe, just maybe this might be our year.

Of course there is still a way to go, and still some decent teams left in it, but we are still in it ourselves, and Chelsea, Man City, Southampton, and dare i say it, Spurs and Newcastle being out of it, can only mean that we have a better chance.

Knowing us though, we will probably get a home draw against someone we are expected to beat, and lose, then at least you will be able to say "I told you so".

Just for now though, i`m going to keep dreaming of Wes Morgan lifting that fantastic cup in May. 

Up the City  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

In the unofficial draw, done on our dining table this evening, we have a home draw v Cambridge/Man U.

Also, looks like us, Blackburn, West Ham, Arsenal, Palace, Dirby, WBA & Sheff Utd in the 6th Rd.

You heard it here first.

So effin random. Use the 5th round draw thread ffs

Random lol , it's 11pm and on a forum ...random don't come close

FA Cup.

1. Crystal Palace

2. Cambridge United or Manchester United

3. Blackburn Rovers

4. Bradford City

5. Derby County

6. Preston North End or Sheffield United

7. West Bromwich Albion

8. Aston Villa or Bournemouth

9. Reading

10. Liverpool or Bolton Wanderers

11. Leicester City

12. Brighton & Hove Albion or Arsenal

13. Rochdale or Stoke City

14. Sunderland or Fulham

15. Bristol City or West Ham United

16. Middlesbrough

I'll take Boro away, repeat of 5th round 50 years ago. I was going to go to that game but my Mum decided not to drive. (Rubbish roads in those days - she made up for it in 66, we went to villa, brum and man city away)

Anyway, we won 3-0 at Boro and got Liverpool home in the 6th round.

I do agree. It's frustrating when we play well against the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool (second half especially), Spurs yesterday and even Chelsea although we did lose but then lose by the single goal at home to West Brom and Stoke. Guess that's how football works but it is frustrating.

The 11th letter in Leicester City is i,

i is the 9th letter in the alphabet

9 +3 is 11

Shocked? This is where it gets really scary..

If you add 3 to 11 you get 14.

There's no player with the No 14 shirt at the club...

if you take 14 and add the numbers together you get 5

Wes Morgan is No 5

Wes Morgan has no i in his name

Right you better now sit down. Remember 9 that came up earlier? 

2+7 = 9 right?

27 Is Big Was who has 3 i's in his name.

Archived