Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bagworthblue

Radio Leicester

I think we should get everyone in the crowd singing... 'We love you Pauline we do' at the Swansea game :-)

what about "We love pauline, we want Stringer out, we love pauline, we want stringer out" I'd love to hear Stringer's reaction to that.

For a bit of balance I do feel Stringer et al should be applauded for taking some risks with the presentation of the show, not everything will work but at least they are prepared to try new things. The use of journalists from other local broadcasters has been excellent, the decision to follow pre season campaigns is brave, having fans in the studio can be enlightening, the audiologs of the journey up doesn't always work (the sandwich thing tried too hard to be quirky) but was an interesting experiment. I think we also need to credit the with being reasonably neutral, no matter what they do they'll be criticised for either being too pro the club or too anti the club.

The impartial thing is obviously complete horseshit anyway. Stringer is clearly a Leicester fan, his reaction to Vardy's goal and the "Allez le blue" commentary at Forest show that. So he's clearly not impartial, and clearly favours City in his commentary. What he is though, is like some on here a Leicester fan who seems to revel in the teams struggles, seems aroused at the thought of the manager getting sacked and gets a kick out of controversy. He's clearly positive during good moments in games, and he missed the point playing the Vardy goal to Pauline, because what she was complaining about was his attention seeking, controversy seeking, media whore attitude.

Just listened to the Podcast, thought the chap after Pauline was much more reasonable and presented his criticism better. What I wish he had of said when Stringer was getting all defensive and asking to name an example if he had wheeled out the line at Southampton away, or Liverpool at home where Ian himself repeatedly asked Nigel if he feared for his job and if he was meeting the owner the next morning.

What both Ian and Jason have got into their head (and been allowed to do so by the producers) are that they should be given their opinion on things. Their job is to commentate on the game for people who are not able to get there and also to keep the fans informed of any news out of the club on a weekly basis. They aren't journalists working for a red top newspaper looking for a big scoop or trying to stir up controversy, nor are they football analysts paid to offer tactical insights into the game. I have luckily not had to use Radio Leicester this season thanks to streaming and have only heard snippets of the football forum and post match analysis when I'm driving but if they do chose to now sensor their callers to make sure they toe the line then that is quite frankly a disgrace. The whole premise of the show is for people to offer opinions, and if they are only going to broadcast certain opinions then they are pissing in the face of the 'BBC impartiality' defence they are so quick to claim.

Just listened and the petulance from Stringer in particular is incredible for a professional journalist. Using the "give me an example, give me an example" line and then claiming victory when the other person can't think of one under pressure is the behaviour of a 10 year old. I hope someone calls tonight with examples, as there are many.

The problem with Stringer and Bourne is that they are young "journalists" who want to make a name for themselves, so the minute there's a sniff of a scandal or controversy they start foaming at the mouth. Their dislike for Pearson is clear and they've, maybe subconsciously, been fanning the flames of negativity towards him with little persuasion

If I was them, I'd look at the fact that the manager and players won't speak to them and now they have a lot of fans turning against them and ponder if they are doing their jobs in the neutral manner they are employed to do so.

Stringer's problem is that, if he gets things wrong he won't admit it. I seem to recall early on in the season, he said he thought Nigel Pearson's future was in doubt. Now you know I've criticized Pearson now and again this season and I will hold my hands up to that, am I right or wrong? that's too earlier to say yet. However Stringer will simply deny he said anything about Pearson.

Another thing is Stringer and Bourne, do not like being proved wrong, any sign of criticism they lose there cool. 

I find it funny though there was the odd person who stuck up for Stringer saying "Oh I love you strings" mmmm Stringer's mum ringing in again. 

I tell you what though I bet Al Young is having a good laugh about this. 

I would not call for somebody to be sacked lightly as whatever you think of him he is just doing a job but in my opinion Ian Stringer's position at Radio Leicester has become untenable he's lost the manager, the players and now the fans/listeners its a shame because he is a million times more listenable than Neville Foulger ever was and his commentary of Knockys winner at the city ground will stay with me for ever but sadly its time to go. Radio Leicester need to find a replacement who is just as talented and hard-working as Stringer without the ego and arrogance. 

Just listened and the petulance from Stringer in particular is incredible for a professional journalist. Using the "give me an example, give me an example" line and then claiming victory when the other person can't think of one under pressure is the behaviour of a 10 year old. I hope someone calls tonight with examples, as there are many.

The problem with Stringer and Bourne is that they are young "journalists" who want to make a name for themselves, so the minute there's a sniff of a scandal or controversy they start foaming at the mouth. Their dislike for Pearson is clear and they've, maybe subconsciously, been fanning the flames of negativity towards him with little persuasion

If I was them, I'd look at the fact that the manager and players won't speak to them and now they have a lot of fans turning against them and ponder if they are doing their jobs in the neutral manner they are employed to do so.

How did you listen to it mate?

According to Stringer we were relegated before the last two wins. Pretty sure he said that during a game before the last 2 wins. Possibly when the 4th went in at White Hart Lane. I was absolutely stunned to hear him say it. Fair enough some of the planks on here saying so before it's even happened but certainly not acceptable for the 'face' of Leicester City football at BBC radio Leicester to be saying such tripe on air. 

Alan Young getting a slagging from the caller from Cornwall. Stringer is a piss poor newsreader as well.

I thought the caller made some very good points.

Certainly in terms of Pearson playing the way we are now because he has no choice.

We are where we are, because of Pearson and his overly cautious tactics, and his fixation of worrying more about what the opposition are going to do, rather than just playing to our strengths. 

To listen to some people on here, it is as if Pearson has suddenly become a tactical genius, but the truth is, he`s realised it`s shit or bust time and he has no choice but to go for it.

Certainly in terms of Pearson playing the way we are now because he has no choice.

We are where we are, because of Pearson and his overly cautious tactics, and his fixation of worrying more about what the opposition are going to do, rather than just playing to our strengths. 

To listen to some people on here, it is as if Pearson has suddenly become a tactical genius, but the truth is, he`s realised it`s shit or bust time and he has no choice but to go for it.

That's very true and can agree with that, he may have made a good couple of tactical decisions recently. However most of this season his decisions have been quite poor, I do honestly believe with the squad we have we could have been higher up the table, but with Pearson playing most of the season negative defensive football, which could have cost our survival in the premier league. Just why didn't Pearson start with these attacking tactics from the start of the season?! 

That's very true and can agree with that, he may have made a good couple of tactical decisions recently. However most of this season his decisions have been quite poor, I do honestly believe with the squad we have we could have been higher up the table, but with Pearson playing most of the season negative defensive football, which could have cost our survival in the premier league. Just why didn't Pearson start with these attacking tactics from the start of the season?!

He did! Then we beat united and he thought he was Jose Mouriniho.

If we had played the tempo and style we have played the last 2 games I think it is realistic to say we would be mathematically safe already.

Unfortunately, that's not the case. Hopefully, we have enough games left to lose a few but win a few. I think burnley and Sunderland away are the key games, QPR will already be relegated so that should be a given.

Id be over the moon with a point vs Swansea. I'd happy slap my nan with my cock for a win. Southampton and Chelsea will be very tough games. Southampton May still be challenging for a top 4/6 finish at that point and Chelsea could be looking to clinch the title.

That being said, if we play at the tempo we played second half vs West Brom, we have the pace going forward to win all of our remaining games (but that obviously won't happen)

I was content on us going down a fortnight ago... They have now restored my faith! Nigel Pearson will become a leicester legend if we stay up and he will be here for a very long time.

He did! Then we beat united and he thought he was Jose Mouriniho.

If we had played the tempo and style we have played the last 2 games I think it is realistic to say we would be mathematically safe already.

Unfortunately, that's not the case. Hopefully, we have enough games left to lose a few but win a few. I think burnley and Sunderland away are the key games, QPR will already be relegated so that should be a given.

Id be over the moon with a point vs Swansea. I'd happy slap my nan with my cock for a win. Southampton and Chelsea will be very tough games. Southampton May still be challenging for a top 4/6 finish at that point and Chelsea could be looking to clinch the title.

That being said, if we play at the tempo we played second half vs West Brom, we have the pace going forward to win all of our remaining games (but that obviously won't happen)

I was content on us going down a fortnight ago... They have now restored my faith! Nigel Pearson will become a leicester legend if we stay up and he will be here for a very long time.

Never say that, many people said the same about us but look at the current situation. One thing is for certain this will go down to wire. 

g

We are where we are because of pearson. Agreed we are in the premier league. Can't believe how much gets chucked at pearson. Our most successful manager since MoN

Archived