Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

THAT Atmosphere!

February 1974...Weller's goal against Luton in the cup - all of a sudden Arsenal didn't matter any more, neither did the fact that I was born in London...so was he, I was in Leicester now...so was he. Leicester were going to be my team.  For years...actually, four years...no three? I wasn't allowed to go down to Filbert St. Remember my first game well because Larry May made his debut. Look it up - against Bristol City, it would have been around '77 Lineker was still resident in the youth academy. 

Some on here go back much further than that but nonetheless that's a long time to be watching this club. In that time I've moved away, even walked away under Peter Taylor. I've seen some memorable times, so have they. But I'm sure they'd agree with me when I say yesterday was very possibly one of the greatest atmospheres that I have ever experienced during a home game...and unquestionably the best I've ever heard the KP sound. Even through those dark winter months the fans have remained behind their team and there are few sides I can think of in the Premiership that would be selling out their ground when they've been rooted to the bottom of the table for five months. 

Cov are attracting little more 7,000 at home now...meanwhile Pompey are still in existence because in the lower echelons of league two they can still bring in 15,000 at home. 

A decent fan base goes a long way and if this does go to the wire...that's a battle we've already won.

Yeah definitely reminded me of the Izzet days when every corner (particularly when winning) was treated as an opportunity to show appreciation for a great player. Whatever one thinks of the individual player involved it's a bloody great feeling to have that sort of positivity at the club. Who knows, perhaps we can ride this positivity all the way to 17th and the drinks will be on you col!

Cheers mate.

I've ebbed and flowed (lol no change there) but I did say 17th early in the season. I hope that's true of course.

And yes, it would be a nice little earner if it happens!

It would be so fantastic if we do this..the shame for me is the Burnley tickets have all sold out!

It was fantastic when Cambiasso got that ovation. Clearly the most loved player for many a year.

He, like them all, has really stepped up a notch when we needed him to.

And I respect him for it massively.

lol is this just something away fans do to make themselves feel better about their team losing?

Commentators on Sky said it was the best atmosphere of any game in the PL season

doubt he was there seeing as his name is dalybaggie. Probably some brummie moron who's still pissed off at us from last week

That atmosphere was electric from start to finish. I couldn't make the game but on the stream I could hear every word clearly, I was singing along in my living room.

After the second goal went in the camera man on the stream I was watching fell over, there was a big crash and the screen went blue for a few seconds. Lots of people going "are you ok?" Then a few faces celebrating as the fallen camera came back on, before it was propped back onto pitch view. Was fantastic!

I can't believe we are now in a position to save ourselves, a few weeks ago even I was questioning our chances. Fair play to everyone at the club for turning this around, right down the well trained ball boys who have halved the pace of retrieving the ball recently.

lol is this just something away fans do to make themselves feel better about their team losing?

Commentators on Sky said it was the best atmosphere of any game in the PL season

lol how Swansea can comment on the noise fans make.

We have had some shit away fans this year, but these had shit numbers, and could barely hear them from l1, about 10 spotty chav's at the top of their end singing and giving it the big un. lol

lol how Swansea can comment on the noise fans make.

We have had some shit away fans this year, but these had shit numbers, and could barely hear them from l1, about 10 spotty chav's at the top of their end singing and giving it the big un. lol

I saw that little group at the top from sk4. Hard as nails when there's segregation and a shit load of police and stewards separating them from the home fans. Bet they were nowhere to be seen outside. Mouthy little chavs!

Electric. People (our own fans) knock our home support but I've never thought that it's any worse than most other places I've been to see us away. When there's a big game and it matters the place bounces.

I love looking around from L1 and seeing other stands getting involved. The Family Stand was going mental with "We are staying up!", people up on their feet jumping around. Great to see and a brief look on Twitter shows that from the Swansea end it was as just as noticed. I don't think Swansea have bad away support but yesterday it was like they almost just didn't even bother trying to compete.

To be honest having gone to most away games this season I can say with confidence we've got one of the noisiest grounds in the top flight. I just hope should we spend years in the top flight that it doesn't turn proper touristy and silent like Anfield, Goodison etc...

No one goes near the clappers in L block as they're miming throughout anyway. Clappers just get used for chucking across at the away lot when we score.

Fixed. What's with the high opinion of yourselves?

And throwing paper. Really. You tight ****ers. Lob a lighter or 3 and a few 50p's what you looking to cause. A paper cut?

Guest CityFan 06

I don't use the clappers myself, but I can't deny they have really improved the atmosphere in our recent home games.

Fixed. What's with the high opinion of yourselves?

And throwing paper. Really. You tight ****ers. Lob a lighter or 3 and a few 50p's what you looking to cause. A paper cut?

lol not like the old kop, when the coins flew both ways, the camera's pick up everything, surprised nobody has been thrown out, for throwing the clappers, very dangerous and paper cuts really hurt lol

lol not like the old kop, when the coins flew both ways, the camera's pick up everything, surprised nobody has been thrown out, for throwing the clappers, very dangerous and paper cuts really hurt lol

One came flying down SK4 and clopped some guy on his bald head in front of me. Thought he was actually going to cry lol

One came flying down SK4 and clopped some guy on his bald head in front of me. Thought he was actually going to cry lol

lol loads got thrown at the end in l1, my daughter got hit on the head, I couldn't stop laughing, because it just missed and I was stood right behind her lol

To be fair, me and mi mates said last night that we cannot recollect a reception like that, for a single player, for many years.

It was like going back to the days of Lennon and Izzett!

The whole of that end stood and applauded.

Esteban is a cult figure already and fair play to him. He gives us his absolute all.

Well done Col, me and you both have been a little more reserved than most re: Cambi' s performances but the last few games he has been everything I hoped he might be when we signed him.

A great moment, for the corner, and I think that's as a result of the very thing you mentioned - he give it everything, and he cares about it, and it shows.

We can certainly show the world what kind of atmosphere we create at the KP when we play our live game on sky against chelsea,

BE LOUD BE PROUD AND MAKE SOME F***ING NOISE

We usually seem to be very quiet for night games though.

Maybe it`s because of spending the whole day at work/school earlier,and also a lack of pre match beer!

Archived