Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Max Power

Theories?

I've heard from someone ITK that he gave the owners an ultimatum that if they sacked his son he would be off. I know it doesn't appear he's resigned but who knows how this would play out. Anyway, just flagging up what I've been told. I feel drained, and only hope they announce a successor really soon, and it's a positive change.

Had a sneaking feeling when Wednesday sacked Stuart Gray the other week that something was afoot, especially with them also having Thai owners. Doubt this was an impulse decison.

Newcastle sacked Mike Ashley recently, and Stoke have English owners too. I wouldn't want to be Mark Hughes right now.

Put yourself in the position of the owners.  Just suppose Pearson said "My son didn't make a racist comment, Hopper did.  My son didn't send out that video, Hopper did.  If you sack my son, I'm off".

So, what do you do:

1) Sack his son

2) Keep his son and maybe the others also and take a black eye for his conduct back in Thailand

If this is how it went down, wouldn't Pearson have put the owners in a no win situation, and thereby sealed his own fate?

Just a thought...

Must be a disagreement over the sacking of his son without Big Nige's consent IMO.

On top of the fact it seems Rudkin has been dealing with the transfers with no Pearson say on the matter previously, I think these are the right signings and signings Pearson wants, but perhaps Sako (with his contract, club decision tomorrow,) and a few other targets are not Pearson's.

I think Pearson has instigated this and wants to get off the ride before it really starts all over again, if so, i'm glad they've done it now and not waited till later on pre-season - we have a chance to bring in a manager who will also bring in new blood, plus his targets too.. It's gutting but at least it's been done before the transfer window opens, I expect a new manager to be appointed tomorrow. This was planned, I think Pearson has known his fate for a while, and that these transfers as much as they likely are 'Pearson signings', have been purchased and put in place to improve Leicester City Football Club, and a new manager build on it, upsettingly after settling on such a winning formula in formation to the end of the season.

Has to be his son. Pearson as we know is a very stubborn and sometimes unreasonable man and I can see he did not take kindly to his son being sacked and this has been festering for sometime now and probably why we haven't heard anything from him for a while.

I can imagine the owners have taken this long to sack him as they have tried to work through their differences but we are so close to pre-season now, they had to make this bold decision.

Real shame, that the idiotic behaviour of his son has most likely cost himself and now his Dad's job. 

This is all theory of course but I can't see any other real reason that we would get such a dramatic outcome as this.  Real shame!

I just hope the owners have someone lined up already as the longer it goes on, the more signings we are likely to miss out on and the less prepared we will be for the start of the season.

Also hope players who are big supporters of Pearson stick with the club and don't get disillusioned with a new manager. 

What a crap day though!!

Has to be his son. Pearson as we know is a very stubborn and sometimes unreasonable man and I can see he did not take kindly to his son being sacked and this has been festering for sometime now and probably why we haven't heard anything from him for a while.

I can imagine the owners have taken this long to sack him as they have tried to work through their differences but we are so close to pre-season now, they had to make this bold decision.

Real shame, that the idiotic behaviour of his son has most likely cost himself and now his Dad's job.

This is all theory of course but I can't see any other real reason that we would get such a dramatic outcome as this. Real shame!

I just hope the owners have someone lined up already as the longer it goes on, the more signings we are likely to miss out on and the less prepared we will be for the start of the season.

Also hope players who are big supporters of Pearson stick with the club and don't get disillusioned with a new manager.

What a crap day though!!

IF Pearson didn't take too well to James being sacked (which is complete speculation on your part) then more fool Nigel Pearson. James is clearly a turd of the highest order, needed binning off and for Pearson to fully accept it.

Put yourself in the position of the owners.  Just suppose Pearson said "My son didn't make a racist comment, Hopper did.  My son didn't send out that video, Hopper did.  If you sack my son, I'm off".

So, what do you do:

1) Sack his son

2) Keep his son and maybe the others also and take a black eye for his conduct back in Thailand

If this is how it went down, wouldn't Pearson have put the owners in a no win situation, and thereby sealed his own fate?

Just a thought...

If that had happened then we'd be finding out Pearson has resigned. He clearly doesn't think his position is untenable or that the situation means he can't work with the owners. This is their decision.

Archived